Your prep stash is lost, everything gone... Now what?

Guest Taurus4Me

Guest KCampbell
[quote name='ochretoe' timestamp='1352605481' post='843553']OK, cloths on our back will be appropriate for the weather. I live in a very rural area with lots of forest to hide in. We go deep and low into the forest, build a shelter and settle in. water is the second concern. food third. I have a knife and cord on me all the time. I could make snares for food and prepare it. As for allergy it's a life problem and we should be use to it and avoid it. The deaf daughter is a bigger problem but she will be hidden and quiet. The sick wife is the worst problem. For her I would try to make it up the road at night and off the roads to a senior home. Lots of of meds and no threat to the Chinese so they might not be watching it. I will need to think more to plan any more.[/quote]
As crazy as this scenario sounds even for training purposes.This is a dang good answer.Basic E&E and survival and go from there.I like the senior home idea that's using your noodle.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2 Edited by KCampbell

I wanna know how it is that you have lost ALL of your preps. Why were all of your eggs in one basket? You expect me to believe that all of properly prepared persons things were compromised? Sorry but that's :bs:

First off, a fella that's got his act together has MORE one and by more than one I mean three minimum stores. A main stash may be lost but back up stores should be elsewhere so you aren't left with whizzin in the wind. It starts with all the great goodies at home, then a mortar can or ammo cans stored away, or even a sealed five gallon bucket. You'd be surprised what you can get in a five gallon bucket.

Second, if you HAVE put all your eggs in one basket, and your handle breaks causing you to drop all your eggs, well....natural selection says you deserve it. No mercy for the stupid.

[quote name='Caster' timestamp='1352777789' post='844647']
I wanna know how it is that you have lost ALL of your preps. Why were all of your eggs in one basket? You expect me to believe that all of properly prepared persons things were compromised? Sorry but that's :bs:

First off, a fella that's got his act together has MORE one and by more than one I mean three minimum stores. A main stash may be lost but back up stores should be elsewhere so you aren't left with whizzin in the wind. It starts with all the great goodies at home, then a mortar can or ammo cans stored away, or even a sealed five gallon bucket. You'd be surprised what you can get in a five gallon bucket.

Second, if you HAVE put all your eggs in one basket, and your handle breaks causing you to drop all your eggs, well....natural selection says you deserve it. No mercy for the stupid.
[/quote]

Be nice :)

[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1352777957' post='844648']
Be nice :)
[/quote]

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be an ass. It should be a lesson to us all. Disperse, diversify, plan ahead. When you think it's enough, you've only just made a decent beginning.

• Like 1
http://www.businessinsider.com/who-owns-us-debt-2011-7
China owns 8%. The Federal Reserve: 11.3%. Social Security Fund: 19% Around 31% of all US debt is foreign owned. The rest? Mostly owned by citizens and corporations of the U.S.

So. Yeah, lets put something else in. Besides, China is about to have its own major problem with debt and forced undervalued currency. And, other locals, such as Vietnam, Laos, and Indoneasia are less expensive to outsource to. Which is starting to have a dramatic impact on China.

So, lets say a severe flu epidemic. And an unlucky spark burned your house and stash down. (No firefighters to put out the flames.) Same senario. What could you do?

I always have something in the car, and some things on me.
So, I would be carrying (permit holder) have a couple of knives, and some rudimentary skills. I know how to strain and boil water. I know some hunting skills with traps. I have a first aid kit, rope, tarp, 3 days of water and food in the car. More ammo for the handgun. Rain gear and some tools.

The car can be used as a shelter. It is mobile and 4 wheel drive. So, I would go to the family farm, and set up camp, if the roads are in decent shape. If not, I would figure out which homes had been abandoned, or have dead in them.

As the virus cannot live in dead bodies, I would not have to worry too much about getting infected, but I would still have the masks and gloves from the first aid kit. Move them out, or leave them where they lay, and scavenge.

If I needed a new spot to stay, I would move to a house on a hill, with clear views. I would clean the bodies out (leave them in the front yard, burn them, mess the area up, so the house looked ransacked.) Fix the house, so it could be defensible.

Use the homes around to find more stuff. Food, first aid, clothing, firearms, and ammo.

Learn to hunt, as you can only read so much.
Not trying to be a pain, but China is not who we need to be worried about. We buy all their stuff. They have no desire in screwing us. Then they have no one to buy the things they are making, and they don't get paid back on the debt we owe them. China is not going to invade the US.

As for preparing for similar scenario of some sort, I'd say learn to hunt and have things saved in more than 1 spot as has been said already.
Guest Taurus4Me
Having a stash outside of your home is one of the important things I wanted to cover in this scenario. I figured an off site stash may be needed for one of two reasons already mentioned, violence has overran my home, or my home was lost in some fire/explosion. So I would probably need defensive weapons/rations/med supplies in this stash more than I would anything else. I personally have several for many different scenarios. As a prepper, I try to scenario out any possibility to find weaknesses in the longevity of the welfare of my family, so no scenario is out of the question for me. So we have established a supplementary offsite stash or two is helpful here. Lets say you have two five gallon buckets within a mile of your home buried in the middle of a field. You get there, open up the buckets, what did you put in them? Here is what I have in mine (that I can remember of):

$10 wal mart first aid kit with bandaids, alcohol patches, cotton swabs, gauze, etc.
4 50 round boxes of 9mm luger ammo
Buck knife
3 MRE's
$200.00
2 LED flashlights
2 packs of 4 AAA batteries and the same of AA's.
a marlboro halogen flashlight/radio combo i found at a yard sale for $0.50 (the black rectangular object here: [url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marlboro-M-A-T-Adventure-Team-Road-Radio-Flashlight-1993-/271101196755?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1ee3f9d3"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marlboro-M-A-T-Adventure-Team-Road-Radio-Flashlight-1993-/271101196755?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1ee3f9d3[/url])

I personally do not have a secondary stash yet. I didnt put anything else in this one because I couldnt think of anything that I could bury that I would trust would be useable in 6 months. I tried to think of more food ideas, but I figured maybe the 9mm would solve that problem until I think of some other stuff. Don't get me wrong, I have an extensive 6 month food stash at the house (meaning I can be unemployed for 6 months and my family would eat well in the dark). But outside sensible storage I have yet to find ideas I am comfortable with other than MRE's. This is a part of what I am doing this thread for. Other parts include sustainablitity ideas for life on the run in the woods, relocation scenarios, etc.
With the proper skills, one could live in the woods and wait it out for quite sometime. The weoods across from where I live offer plenty of food, shelter, and water. I would wait in the woods for them to leave. The most important skill in this scenario is stealth. Don't make large fires to attract attention and don't take risks to be seen. Just wait them out. I don't believe it would take long for them to realize I have very little that is useful to them, my neighbors have very little, and it isn't worth staying around to look for me.
Learning to live in the "woods" is not the problem or even all that difficult provided you're halfway intelligent to begin with. The problem to taking to the "woods" is: Who else has already taken to those woods?
Southern Gentry will NOT abound in those days.

[quote name='Caster' timestamp='1352777789' post='844647']

[/quote]I have had A LOT of people out to my property to look for my shelter and no one has ever found 1 of 3 entrances and they knew there was a shelter there. I also have supplies in 2 other places so I guess I am with you. I cant figure how I could loose ALL of my supplies. I have buried a couple of IBC tanks with rations and supplies. It is amazing how long you can survive off and IBC full of supplies. So even if they find my shelter and clean it out. As soon as I secure it again I can restock it. If all else fails I have land in Canada.

Edited by Lions Fan
[quote name='clarky07' timestamp='1352781001' post='844681']
Not trying to be a pain, but China is not who we need to be worried about. We buy all their stuff. They have no desire in screwing us. Then they have no one to buy the things they are making, and they don't get paid back on the debt we owe them. China is not going to invade the US.

As for preparing for similar scenario of some sort, I'd say learn to hunt and have things saved in more than 1 spot as has been said already.
[/quote]

You sure about China? Why else would they be building stealth air superiority fighters? Who else would they want to fight with them?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703808704576061674166905408.html
I agree it makes no sense for them to invade us, but I am not willing to swear everything they do makes sense.
Guest ochretoe
[quote name='Caster' timestamp='1352814149' post='844767']
Learning to live in the "woods" is not the problem or even all that difficult provided you're halfway intelligent to begin with. The problem to taking to the "woods" is: Who else has already taken to those woods?
Southern Gentry will NOT abound in those days.
[/quote]

I think this is a pretty good point. Where I am, outside of Memphis, most of the population will stay away from the woods. The ones that do head to the woods will be prepared or at least armed. If you head to the woods the better prepared you are and the quieter and more still you are the better you will do. A lot of looking and listening and a little walking and talking will serve you well. By the way, this leaves out my wife and daughter. They will explode if they can't talk and fuss.
[quote name='BrettB' timestamp='1352774133' post='844625']
Alrighty, we can have a zombie section, but we cant have a foreign invasion section because that would never happen.... Okay. LOL.
[/quote]

Go to Zombie thread. Substitute zombie for any foreign invasion force and you have ready made scenarios.
  • Like 1