Your prep stash is lost, everything gone... Now what?

Guest Taurus4Me

Guest Taurus4Me
The most important thing about being a prepper, is prepping for the worst. You can prep all you want for the inevitable, but you aren't psychic. So you must imagine the worst.

Scenario:

A terrorist attack from China toppled our econmic infrastructure. The Chinese troops have invaded and come to get what they say is theres: Our country. They have set bombs and missles everywhere all in 1 day, and have cleared 30% of our population. The rest the aim to control with their communism, and those that don't obey go in camps they have built in the central part of the country. Somehow you, your wife, and your 10 year old son, and your 8 year old daughter have survived. You are in the woods nearby your house, because you saw Chinese troops marching down your street and knew you could not defeat them, and you are trying to save your family. Your current goal is to survive, and stay out of the Chinese radar. But your stash of weapons, food, medical supplies, etc. is out of the question, your house is now under Chinese control.

Now what?

(Keep in mind, we owe China money, and we are poking our big stick at them while we are bouncing our checks to them. This scenario is not so crazy.)

What you have:

The clothes on your back.

Game Changers:

Your son is allergic to latex.
Your daughter is deaf.
Your wife has the flu.
Everyone you know personally is dead including your extended famliy.

You already know that all hospitals, clinics, schools, prisons, police departments, fire departments, pharmacies, and production plants are all under heavy Chinese control, or have been destroyed. Cell phones are down, land lines are down, power is out except Chinese forts being built running on generators. Gas stations/diesel stations are burned down or under Chinese control.

Lets here some thoughts...
Without a family to worry about I'd say go for the Butch Cassidy/Sundance Kid ending. That being said, at this point you either have enough knowledge of the outdoors to hide out and survive in the forests, or you starve trying.
  • Like 3
I am using the beaming machine I built from spare lawn mower parts and an old laptop that used to only boot up in safe mode and beaming my family to New Zealand where they adore me and set me up in a spacious mansion on the sea coast. Complete with servants and Ma Deuce machine guns.

I can have my outlandish scenarios as well as you.
  • Like 4
Guest Taurus4Me
I would be inclined to believe the best choice would be to make it ot the Northern border of Canada, and cross illegally. On foot it could take a month with a family trying to stay under the radar, be healthy, and setting up a safe camp every night. Its definitely a liquid theory, but plausible. Canada would definitely take us in under the cirucmstances. The idea of this being so outlandish isnt so much for me. I think the holes in the scenario is that it would happen that quickly, and the wants of the Chinese. But this whole scenario is something to be considered thoroughly, as we are currently a nation at war, and we have operations going to #### in Syria, Libya, and many other middle eastern countries. And at every chance we get, we poke the big stick at China and Israel. We can be invaded. Our response will be what defines us. Could you imagine if China boycotted us for the money we owe them? We cannot take their up to this point kindness as future mercy. So, moving forward in the plausible scenario, I would definitely make a move for the Canadian border maybe through Winsconsin and Minnesota border crossing areas. Getting there is the struggle.
Guest ochretoe
OK, cloths on our back will be appropriate for the weather. I live in a very rural area with lots of forest to hide in. We go deep and low into the forest, build a shelter and settle in. water is the second concern. food third. I have a knife and cord on me all the time. I could make snares for food and prepare it. As for allergy it's a life problem and we should be use to it and avoid it. The deaf daughter is a bigger problem but she will be hidden and quiet. The sick wife is the worst problem. For her I would try to make it up the road at night and off the roads to a senior home. Lots of of meds and no threat to the Chinese so they might not be watching it. I will need to think more to plan any more.
Guest ThePunisher
Don't worry about any Chineese Commie invasion, we've already slowly been infiltrated with commies for several years now, and they are in our government. Escaping the homegrown commies and the immigrant commies is what you have to worry about now, along with the UN blue helmets coming before long.

Guest Taurus4Me
[quote name='Mike.357' timestamp='1352607414' post='843573']
i need a case of tinfoil for a better hat after reading the previous post.

Maybe I can sneak off by myself and find one before the chinese find me.
[/quote]

Alrighty so you seem to be more focused on debunking the Chinese part of things. You fill in the blank on who you want the invader to be, Taliban, Dolphins, The Dallas Cowboys, Aliens, whoever. Thats not the point. This is the Survival/Prepper section, and true survivalists/preppers will respect the scenario, adopt it, and mentally prepare. It doesn't hurt. And the aluminum hats fit better after you microwave them. Try it.
Guest Taurus4Me
[quote name='Mike.357' timestamp='1352609093' post='843587']
do you pick and choose who to respond to?

I gave my answer in post #6
[/quote]
Yes you did. And yes I pick and choose who I respond to, based on if I feel a need to respond. No other posts I see here need anything from me. Doesn't help that you have Mr. Foreman as your avatar, that Commy hatin bastard!

[quote name='Mike.357' timestamp='1352609093' post='843587']
do you pick and choose who to respond to?

I gave my answer in post #6
[/quote]

As the OP said, it's a scenario for training, not a call to arms. Second, we do owe them a ton of money, the UN is pushing to control our access to weapons, blah blah blah. So it's not completely outrageous. But if it makes you feel better, it's our own government confiscating all the goods that you evil "hoarders" have stashed, and nationalizing all other resources. Given that you are a known trouble maker (ie gun owner, former Boy Scout etc etc) they decided to preemptively take you out. Happy now? :)

Edited by Makiaveli
[quote name='Mike.357' timestamp='1352607414' post='843573']
i need a case of tinfoil for a better hat after reading the previous post.

Maybe I can sneak off by myself and find one before the chinese find me.
[/quote]

Be sure to low crawl to avoid detection. Commies have excellent vision.

Why would the chinese invade us instead of our weaker neighbors to the north and south, ehh?
Guest ThePunisher
[quote name='dmarcin' timestamp='1352650664' post='843752']
Unless something changes you are sure to become a pink person. That is your only chance for you and yours.
[/quote]

As in a pinko commie.