Removal of LC9 mag disconnect

glock55

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1355022033' post='857074']
Unless you or one of the next people that owns the gun negligently shoot someone with the magazine removed I doubt it would be a problem. But I wouldn’t remove a magazine disconnect anyway.
[/quote]

If you don't think it would be a problem legally, what are your reasons for not removing it? Every gun I have can fire a round without a magazine and it has never been a problem.
[quote name='smithra89' timestamp='1355022400' post='857075']

If you don't think it would be a problem legally, what are your reasons for not removing it? Every gun I have can fire a round without a magazine and it has never been a problem.
[/quote]
I like them; they are a feature that could save my life on the street. I know of it happening.
I wanted them on my M&P’s but my LGS didn’t have them.
Should not be any issue. Many guns do not have a discon, so you can point out in court that your modifications do not make it different from other commonly used pistols. I consider a gun that does not fire with the mag out defective. Unlikely as it may be, it could be a big deal some day and the discon serves no purpose at all --- its a "feel good" feature.
[quote name='Dolomite_supafly' timestamp='1355068444' post='857220']
The reason why they were though up in the first place was to allow LE to drop the mag if they were struggling to keep their sidearm. In that case the gun would be rendered useless unless the bad guy inserted the magazine back into the gun.

Dolomite
[/quote]
Exactly. It can free up your hands in a struggle over the weapon. Most HCP holders assume that will never happen to them; and it probably won’t.

Everyone has to do what their experience tells them to do. I know of a case where it saved a cops life. And I had a case where I wish I had it to be able to free my hands, but unfortunately I had a revolver. [img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/TourGlide/Web%20Stuff/biggrin.gif[/img]

Or you could just call it a “lawyer gun” or “feel good” feature and not get one. Some manufacturers offer their guns either way. It’s just an option.

i decided to go ahead and pull the mag disconnect. Glock is my primary carry weapon and feel all my guns should  have the same features. Hopefully i'm getting a g26 for christmas and that will become my truck gun. Thanks to all who responded i appreciated the input. I watched several videos on how to remove and most struggled with a screwdriver to put the trigger housing back into the frame. I found the use of a .025 feeler gauge worked great. it doesnt slipped off the hammer catch and allows the housing to go all the way into the frame before removal. Merry Christmas to all