Murfreesboro Gunshow 12/15-16/2012

Got there at 11 too. After a good hike from my car, took about 15 minutes at the door. Did find a holster for my 6" S&W 686. Not sure if its leather or pleather, but it was embossed with the logo and a 1982 stamp. Almost felt like I stole it for $15. Looks like brand new.

Got there about Noon and there was no parking anywhere. A fire truck pulled in with siren blaring and lights on. Anyone know what that was about? After looking for parking for a while we decided that it would be too crowded to get around so I gave my $2 coupons to someone walking towards the door and we went to Red Robin and ate lunch.

some guy had chest pains. yeah, parking was a pita. i was very surprised that no 'news' vehicles were there today.

I went around 1100 and it took about 15-20 minutes to get into the gun show, not too bad, as we spent time talking with other folks in line and it made the time pass. The gun show honored the $2 coupons posted here and I passed the $1 coupons to those next in line.

I have NEVER seen such a crowded gun show, absolutely packed, almost shopping-by-standing-in-line. I got some 9mm ammo that I came for. I was surprised there was still a good selection of stuff on the tables, it felt like it was being picked clean by locusts.

However, my active duty military son was kind of flash-backing on the "crowded marketplace" feeling of the throng, and there was hardly a place on the ends of the aisles to stand, so we left. I was surprised the Fire Marshall didn't cap the crowd size, one more out, one more in.

I'm not griping about the crowd, I'm thinking it's kind of awesome that so MANY folks would turn out for the gun show. I don't think the vendors were surprised, as they had stacks and stacks of stock, I guess.  I'm thinking the crowd volume was partly because it's so close to Christmas, partly because of the Connecticut school shooting, and partly because The Obammunist is the best damn gun salesman in the discovered universe.

Edited by QuietDan

I went around 1100 and it took about 15-20 minutes to get into the gun show, not too bad, as we spent time talking with other folks in line and it made the time pass. The gun show honored the $2 coupons posted here and I passed the $1 coupons to those next in line.

I have NEVER seen such a crowded gun show, absolutely packed, almost shopping-by-standing-in-line. I got some 9mm ammo that I came for. I was surprised there was still a good selection of stuff on the tables, it felt like it was being picked clean by locusts.

However, my active duty military son was kind of flash-backing on the "crowded marketplace" feeling of the throng, and there was hardly a place on the ends of the aisles to stand, so we left. I was surprised the Fire Marshall didn't cap the crowd size, one more out, one more in.

I'm not griping about the crowd, I'm thinking it's kind of awesome that so MANY folks would turn out for the gun show. I don't think the vendors were surprised, as they had stacks and stacks of stock, I guess.  I'm thinking the crowd volume was partly because it's so close to Christmas, partly because of the Connecticut school shooting, and partly because The Obammunist is the best damn gun salesman in the discovered universe.

Yep!

That's exactly what I was thinking when the fire engine showed up.

Went today about 11:40, not much of a line to get in at that point, but inside it was so crowded that you couldn't stir the folks with a stick.Saw some decent deals, saw some really crappy ones too. Really, now, a Kel Tec PMR30 for $699? Thats almost $300 over full MSRP for a current production gun! How stupid or desperate do you think I am?

However, I did pick up a pretty sweet deal on a North American Black Widow .22WMR pocket pistol for use a "last resort" BUG. Other than that I bought mainly accessories, mags, holsters, lights, etc.

All in all it was a pretty good show despite the size of the crowd, the heat inside, and the parking situation.

I got there about the same time. Only a couple of folks ahead of me in line. Bought a box of ammo for the GFs

revolver.

Spoke to David for a minute about his "crud". Glad to see he's better. Mine's better too, but still hanging on.

Good show, and I'll agree with the previous poster about the attendance. Good to see, for whatever reason.

As usual, the antis' have taken the Conn. shooting & running with it. Wondering how many more of these we

can weather before it hits the fan. Certainly, a tradegy beyond belief. Disarming the law abiding gun owners,

would be the same.

I hit it as well, I always liked  MBoro and Hendersonville. Hard to find any game show worthy super deals but its nice to put your hands on something before u buy it.I found a front sight thats just weird and hard to find. Its a sight to go on top of a gas block on an ar upper.If i hadnt had gone i would have spent all night machining a mount....

crowd was ok late sat afternoon.didnt go sun,I guess were kind of fortunate to have fairly decent gun shows.Ill fairly state that all of the vendors run tic checks on buyers, I've seen a few purchasers that failed TIC get turned away."Our vendors" do make the effort to keep things clean.Bloomberg's loophole must be the zero he got in return for his own investigation funds spent flagging the horrible crimes committed at our gun shows LOL. He always forgets  the big ATF sale that just recently cost a Latina celebrity her life, as well as a ICE officer.......dumb ass...

both shows are good the rest in a 50 mile radius are a waste of 8 to 15 bucks plus fuel to get in and see the same junk..The only mis perception i get is one would think if you spend money w the same vendors they'd appreciate it....makes ya wonder if buds and gun broker aint so bad....