I don't have enough tinfoil for this but...

Mike.357

Guest Lester Weevils
You are right  xRUSTYx, the brother turned himself in at a police station in New Jersey. He was not the man lead out of the woods near the school. 

The second wounded person was said to have wounds to the "lower extremities", legs I would guess. That requires medical treatment.  Where??? And why not the hospital that was designated by the state to receive and treat the wounded? 

Maybe just lack of good reporting, but it makes me wonder. 

Thanks xRustyx and BillyScott for the info. So the "news flash" I heard late into that day, was a correction of an earlier journalistic error, by substituting yet another journalistic error! Yak!

I was determined to avoid knowing anything about this story and had already tuned out the usual suspect AM FM and Sirius channels because they wouldn't shut up about it. In desperation was listening to NPR music, then they had to go breaking in on the music to report erroneous info on the thang.

There are "somewhat related" psychiatric terms. People with "rigid personalities" get real upset about ambiguity. Contradictions upset them greatly. It is kinda funny because lots of "psychology perfessionals" consider themselves non-rigid un-hung-up adaptable folk who thrive on pure ambiguity, but they often get torqued equally bad when their world view gets stomped on. That leads them to enjoy the simple pleasures of life such as running insane asylums and "defining what am and am not sane" for the unfortunates under their thumbs.

Paranoid Personality is not a "sickness" like Paranoid Schizophrenia. It is a "world view" that the world is out to get ya, but not accompanied by hallucinations and excessively bizarre ideation. Paranoid personalities might have tendency toward "rigid personality" as well, because contradictions are seized upon as "clues" to the true plot details of precisely HOW the world is out to get ya. And of course obsessive compulsives get real torqued and "obsessed" by contradictions and become anxious in presence of ambiguity.

It might be wrong to blame journalists for errors, because after all, "to err is human." Journalists rarely hark from the extrema of the bell curve and therefore may be unusually likely to exhibit this all-too-human frailty. :) But nowadays any error reported by a journalist is permanent internet record of contradiction in the reality matrix, for those with personality traits sensitive to contradiction. 

For instance, a modern variant of solipsism is the concept that we MIGHT live in a computer simulation. To scientifically test this theory, a prime investigatory technique would be to find programming errors in the simulation-- Contradictions in the reality matrix. Physical realities such as the speed of light and quantum mechanical weirdness are actually easier to explain in terms of simulation update rate and noise-shaped quantized anti-aliasing, than most "legit" physics that has come along so far. Just saying, sometimes contradictions really do matter.

It is just waving a red flag in the face of a bull when journalists make excessive errors. Some folks latch onto it big time. And my information sources are not solid enough to conclude that folk are definitively wrong to think thataway. Even paranoids have enemies. :)

One thing that hangs up lots of folks is the news announcements on 9/11 that tower seven is being "brought down". I was watching the news all day and I recall that report. Dunno what it means and I make no conclusions, but it is easy to wonder "what the hell was that all about"? An idiot journalist or a temporal error in the script? A theoretical conspiracist will tend to jump to definite conclusions in light of such "evidence". Then again, decisiveness is often a survival trait, and I can't definitively contradict their conclusions. :)

It would be great if journalists actually did their job to investigate this. What happened to the man who was caught in the woods? We saw the police around him from the news helicopter video. Yet he hasn't been mentioned at all since.

Who was the man the kid in the local TV interview (and the police on the scanner) said was "proned" and in handcuffs outside the school?

There is so much hysteria over guns, no one is trying to tie up these loose ends. This would be a great opportunity for some young enterprising reporter to make an name for him/herself by ferreting out the facts on this.

It would be great if journalists actually did their job to investigate this. What happened to the man who was caught in the woods? We saw the police around him from the news helicopter video. Yet he hasn't been mentioned at all since.

Who was the man the kid in the local TV interview (and the police on the scanner) said was "proned" and in handcuffs outside the school?

There is so much hysteria over guns, no one is trying to tie up these loose ends. This would be a great opportunity for some young enterprising reporter to make an name for him/herself by ferreting out the facts on this.

Or... maybe those types of reporters just "disappear". Maybe to the same place as the man in the woods...  :tinfoil:

:ugh:

Guest bkelm18

Man in the woods was Chris Manfredonia.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/14/nation/la-na-1215-newtown-school-shooting-20121215

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2012/12/newtown-shooting-conspiracy-theories/60126/

He was identified by name on recorded police radio transmissions. His daughter was in the school and he was arriving to help her make some gingerbread houses, heard the shots, and was trying to find a way to sneak into the school. He was arrested, questioned, and released.

Amazing what 30 seconds of Google searching can bring...

Edited by bkelm18
Guest Lester Weevils
Amazing what 30 seconds of Google searching can bring...

That's just what google wants you to think! :) Edited by Lester Weevils

I don't know if Al wrote it but the credit is given to Richard A. Serrano, Alana Semuels and Tina Susman of the L.A. Times.

I did go back and read the article again and noticed something else. The article was posted on the 14th and in the third paragraph, under the Ads by Google, it says the shooter was carrying two semiautomatic pistols. I remember the first report I heard was on the radio, station WTN, and the report was that the shooter was carrying two semiautomatic pistols and named them as a Glock and a Sig Sauer. No mention of a rifle. Do we have a Bureau of Confusion in this country?

• Like 1