Thin 9mm

TeamJackson

Have a 9 mm shield as well. Has become my EDC simply because my G23 is just a bit too bulky but perfect for open carry.

Shot both the 40 and 9 in the shield, and just like the low recoil of the 9mm better. Thing is, Lasermark makes a laser for the shield, No accessory rail needed.

Nice to see I'm not alone in my admiration for Kahr single stack 9MM's. With full and compact grip sizes, plastic and stainless frames, it's easy to find a model that fits your carry preference.

Agree, it's hard to beat the Kahr single stacks. My summer EDC has been a PM9 for the past 2 yrs.
Kahrs just aren't for me, I have some rough farmer like hands and the slide, and magazines on my old kahr was constantly cutting me. The grip also has some sharp rough edges, it was hard not to take sandpaper to it. This is coming from a guy that loves a RTF Glock. My Kahr CW45 was very reliable but the most ammo finicky gun I have ever seen. Speaking of which, my 40S&W shield has less perceived recoil than the CW45. Edited by Patton

I picked up a Kahr CW9 about 3 weeks ago and have nothing but praise for this economical single stack 9 mm. I have put 250 rounds of Federal Champion as well as 50 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124gr JHP through it without a single problem. If I had to find a complaint it would be the trigger is a little long, but it is so smooth that it does not bother me at all. I shoot this gun more accurately than my Sig P229 .40 that it replaces as my EDC. I just found the Sig P229 to be bulky and heavy to carry so I added a Surefire X400 to it and made it my night stand gun.

Personally I prefer the CW9/P9 over the shorter barrel, smaller frame CM9/PM9 so make sure you try both sizes out to see what you like.

I liked our 709 pretty well.   It will pocket carry but not easy, depends on your pockets I guess.   For an inexpensive smallish carry gun, the 709 gets a "best value" vote from me --- for the money, it didnt jam, was a good size, and trigger was usable, recoil not bad.  I would not turn one down.  Only real issue we had was the sights were only casually pointed in the general direction of the point of aim -- good enough for up close, but it was quite a bit off at at 15 yards.

have a Kahr CM9, but prefer my Taurus 709.  I shoot it a little better, probably because the barrel is a touch longer.  Prefer the thumb safety, as the Kahr does not have one.  Money wasn't an issue, but the 709 is a little cheaper.  Both have been 100% reliable.

Glad to see the 709 getting some love.  I was in the market about two years ago and when comparing the features with the $ I bought a 709 and would not sell it now for any price.  External safety was a big deal for me and I find it just as accurate as my pt111.  Carried a LCP for a couple of years but found it inaccurate and a pain to stock .380