Well, we made it to 1,000...

smithra89

Anyone that works in a production oriented business will understand a root cause analysis.  What is the common factor in everything going on right now?

Firearms

Automobiles

Economic woes (Freddie and Fannie)

All have one common factor = people

And yet there is no test or background check for the grasshoppers to keep reproducing themselves.

As the ants continue to struggle, the grasshoppers just make more of themselves and say bring it to me or I'll take it and oh by the way, I'll make the rules on how you do it.

I struggle daily now with my libertarian outlook that everyone should have and seek maximum potential freedom but think more and more that before anyone can reproduce, they should have to provide financial responsibility credentials like we do just to drive in Tennessee.

RW Rant off. 

ive seen a lot of crash videos on the web, seems most of them are caused by drivers trying to overtake another car and they lose control and cant get it straightened back out and then they flip.

some were caused by speeding threw intersections, just cause the light is green doesnt mean its safe to do 60 mph. 

wish they kept stats on what causes the most crashes. 

Actually a lot of this has to do with lack of accountability. My 18 yr old daughter has gotten more tickets in the last 2 years than I have in the last 20. Only 1 on her driving record due to county and city sponsored driving schools(money in someone's pocket). She finally slowed down after rolling a PT Cruiser on a county back road at 60+.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone
I don't have the story to cite but I heard that the elderly are getting back behind the wheel at a much larger rate than any time in history. Story said,"They have to because they are having to return to work". The percent of young drivers involved in wrecks has decreased slightly because fewer are driving or they are driving less.
As a traffic investigator I can tell you seat belts save lives, and motorcycles contribute to a lot of these high numbers.
[quote name="vontar" post="870366" timestamp="1356696225"]well according to [url=http://halfstaff.org/]http://halfstaff.org/[/url] I believe that was only 1 day.   Appears it should be at full staff currently   [b]- THE US FLAG IS AT FULL STAFF 12/19/12 thru 12/23/12 President Obama has ordered US flags to half staff Honoring Senator Daniel K. Inouye, President pro tempore of the Senate.[/b] [b][url=http://us.halfstaff.org/]US - 12/18/2012 US Flags at Half Staff in Honor of Senator Daniel K. Inouye[/url][url=http://us.halfstaff.org/]US - 12/14/2012 US Flags at Half Staff Honoring the Victims of the Tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut[/url][/b][/quote] I don't take orders from Obama. I lower my flag to half-staff when it pleases me.

Honestly, that sounds low to me... There are a lot of things I see when I'm out and about that no sane driver should do. A big problem I see is tailgating - it's not surprising to see two or three people going at 55 or 60, with only a car length or two between them. That is too dang close.

My theory on why driving tests are so easy is, people need transportation to go to work. Since we are long past the days of one parent working and the other raising the kids and tending to the home, everyone must have a driver's license. Thusly, driving tests are made simple and easy so people can get a driving license in order to go work at McDonald's or Walmart...

My dad tells me often about how his mother didn't even know how to drive. Keep in mind, my dad is 70, but. From how he sounds, his family - mom, dad, and five or so kids - got along just fine with just the father working and the mom staying home.

I'm probably just crazy and cynical or something. Hmmmm.

Either way! I do think driving tests should be tougher, the instructors more stringent, and the laws better-enforced...