July 2008 middle TN meet and shoot -- Saturday the 19th

Pick your poison. Vote for multiples if several work for you.  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your poison. Vote for multiples if several work for you.

• Saturday the 12th
    • Saturday the 19th
    • Saturday the 26th

• Administrator

Do we want to go ahead and pick a weekend in July to try to do another middle TN meet & shoot?

• Saturday the 12th
  • Saturday the 19th
  • Saturday the 26th

I am going to suggest we stick with Owl Hollow for the time being unless someone wants to take it upon themselves to arrange an alternate venue. OHGC seems to provide a reasonably central meeting point plus we are able to shoot long guns and hand guns there in an outdoor setting. That makes it a 'win' on several levels.

Vote accordingly...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest themark712

The 26th will by my only option for July. The 12th is my anniversary and I think I'm going to be out of town the 19th. But that's cool if it doesn't work out, but I won't be able to supply a grill other than on the 26th. :)

• Administrator
I won't be able to supply a grill other than on the 26th. :)

I am not going to propose another cookout for July. We'll switch back to a local restaurant and let folks recover a little from pitching in on this month's meet and shoot.

And thank you for supplying the grill for this weekend's event!

Guest themark712
I am not going to propose another cookout for July. We'll switch back to a local restaurant and let folks recover a little from pitching in on this month's meet and shoot.

And thank you for supplying the grill for this weekend's event!

I understand. But just keep in mind I am happy to bring it and cook for any event that I can make it too.

Guest utarch00
OHGC does allow NFA but only at the pistol pits.

Whatchagot?

Not necessarily. It depends on the type of NFA weapon. You can shoot any NFA weapon other than Full Auto at the rifle pits. I shoot my SBR there all the time and I see suppressors there also. Full Auto only at the Pistol pits AND ONLY three round bursts.

Guest utarch00

There was a threat of it closing at the beginning of the year, but that has been resolved for at least this year. I have not heard anything as of late.

Guest tokarev

Heard the same from a local gunshop owner. So I asked while at the range yesterday and was told that it's one of those "stories" that come up all of the time.

Sounds like my last job. For 11 years (starting with when I got hired) I would have someone come up to me and say how they heard that the company was closing within six months and that it's "it's really happening this time". Hah!

I'm going to look up the website for the range and find out about the process of joining up. It gets old kinda quick, just shooting indoors at 25 yards.

As far as we know now, Owl Hollow is not closing, it will be under different management at the beginning of 2009 with, maybe, a new name.

The "long" pit has a 5, 10, and 15, yard markers with the bench being around 20 yards. The "short" pit is about 10 yard.

Edited by SpacemanSpiff
to add information
I'm going to look up the website for the range and find out about the process of joining up. It gets old kinda quick, just shooting indoors at 25 yards.

I thought about doing the very same thing, but it's so far from me. I'm in Hendersonville, so that would be quite a hike.

I thought about joining the Gallatin Gun Club, but they are at their limit. On top of that, it seems as if you have to jump through hoops to become a member.

I'm still looking for one a bit closer to me.

Please don't be the 19th... I can't come to that one! And if I don't get to shoot again soon.. I will explode. That happens to me sometimes.

OHGC does allow NFA but only at the pistol pits.

Whatchagot?

I've got a few things. From what I've read further in this thread is that they only allow 3-rd. burst and I've only got 1 that runs that slow so I'll have to do some work to get a few running that slow if I come. :hat:

Any of the three days should work for me.

It depends on the type of NFA weapon. You can shoot any NFA weapon other than Full Auto at the rifle pits. I shoot my SBR there all the time and I see suppressors there also. Full Auto only at the Pistol pits AND ONLY three round bursts.
Sorry, I wasn't considering SBR's and Silencers. When did they make the 3 round burst rule? That's news to me. At orientation back in the spring machineguns were asked about and I don't remember 3 round burst being mentioned.
When did they make the 3 round burst rule? That's news to me. At orientation back in the spring machineguns were asked about and I don't remember 3 round burst being mentioned.

I don't think there is an exact round count rule for short bursts. I think management would like to keep it to 3-5 rounds. The main thing is safety. They want rapid fire to be controlled. All rounds must pass thru the target and into the berm. There are homes nearby and the management doesn't want them to have any surprises. :devil: