Feinstein 1995, wanted complete ban on guns

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I can't stand her, I think that quote is taken deceptively out of context.  She was referring to "assault weapons" and not all firearms.  The segment was specifically talking about her support for a total ban on "assault weapons", but this creative editing makes it look like she was talking about all guns.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot

Feinstein still wants a complete ban.  If she can't get that, she'll take whatever she can get.  Bans on certain features, bans on certain firearms or types of firearms, magazine bans, ammo bans (remember what happened to Black Talon?  Totally worthless).

Go.  Read this.

Feinstein still wants a complete ban.  If she can't get that, she'll take whatever she can get.  Bans on certain features, bans on certain firearms or types of firearms, magazine bans, ammo bans (remember what happened to Black Talon?  Totally worthless).

Go.  Read this.

Can you show a single quote from her that clearly says she wants to ban all guns in America?  I'm not suggesting that banning any firearms is a policy I would support, but we have enough problems as it is without creating our own red herrings to complicate the situation.  It makes pro-2nd Amendment folks look dishonest and/or conspiratorial, neither of which play well for our side in the media when the sheeple are trying to decide which side to take on the gun control issue.  I know some people who specifically have commented on these sorts of undocumented claims to show that some gun owners are "crazy" and are too delusional to possess firearms. 

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="East_TN_Patriot" data-cid="873467" data-time="1356999242"><p>
<br />
Can you show a single quote from her that clearly says she wants to ban all guns in America? </p></blockquote>

No but do you honestly think she would lose any sleep if it happened? I guarantee if the vote came before her she would vote YES....

Can you show a single quote from her that clearly says she wants to ban all guns in America?  I'm not suggesting that banning any firearms is a policy I would support, but we have enough problems as it is without creating our own red herrings to complicate the situation.  It makes pro-2nd Amendment folks look dishonest and/or conspiratorial, neither of which play well for our side in the media when the sheeple are trying to decide which side to take on the gun control issue.  I know some people who specifically have commented on these sorts of undocumented claims to show that some gun owners are "crazy" and are too delusional to possess firearms. 

East_Tn_Patriot, I saw this segment when it aired on 60 minutes, back in 1995.  It was my belief at the time and it's still my belief today, based on what she said and the general tone of the interview, that she wanted to confiscate all firearms.  It made me even more furious than I already was.  When I see that segment today, it still makes me furious!!!  Nothing she has done since 1995 suggests anything else.  Now you can argue definitions and semantics all day long with me, but you will not convince me that she meant any less.  That woman hates everything I believe in.  She is not a friend to this country, the Second Amendment or any of us.

Guest 6.8 AR

51 votes still wouldn't have done it. Best I recall, a filibuster can stop anything except revenue bills.

Something like that, anyway.

She may have or have not said "all guns", but that is the ultimate intent of commies. If she got her way once, she

would only continue to up the ante, next time around. Just like you said, Mark.

51 votes still wouldn't have done it. Best I recall, a filibuster can stop anything except revenue bills.

Something like that, anyway.

She may have or have not said "all guns", but that is the ultimate intent of commies. If she got her way once, she

would only continue to up the ante, next time around. Just like you said, Mark.

So I guess I need to fill in for a senator to fillbuster?  I could read them War and Peace, I am sure that would take me a good long time.

There's a push to change Senate rules in the new session so that filibuster will require actual floor time, just like the old days, so no more "procedural filibuster".

Ever see Mr. Smith Goes to Washington? Like that.

- OS

Guest 270win

She wants a ban for everyone except for her.  This lady had a San Francisco CCW (extremely hard to get) and also was deputized as a US Marshal so that she could carry a gun anywhere.  Most politicians that are like her share the same views, guns for them but not for you.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334