GLOCK 25

BigPoppa

Is there any lawful way for a U.S. citizen/resident to acquire a GLOCK Model 25 (.380 caliber) ?

And why are they effectively banned in the U.S. ? Does it have something to do with what % of the pistol is or is not manufactured or assembled in the United States ?

Could GLOCK not produce them in Smyrna to be able to sell them on the U.S. market ?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding why they are un-available to civilians in the US, I got this from http://glockfaq.com :

The G25 and G28 are .380 ACP versions of the G19 & G26. Because of their caliber they do not get enough import points for normal importation and are only available to LE and military.

Many of the Glock's parts and sometimes the whole gun are dictated or limited by the BATF's system of "import points". To qualify for import a pistol must score 75 points based on the following system: CharacteristicPointsLength: for each 1/4" over 6" 1point

Forged steel frame 15points

Forged HTS alloy frame 20points

Unloaded weight w/mag (per oz.)1point

.22 short and .25 auto 0points

.22 LR and 7.65mm to .380 auto 3points

9mm parabellum and over 10points

Locked breech mechanism 5points

Loaded chamber indicator 5points

Grip safety 3points

Magazine safety 5points

Firing pin block or lock 10points

External hammer 2points

Double action 10points

Drift adjustable target sight 5points

Click adjustable target sight 10points

Target grips 5points

Target trigger 2points

For example, here is how the G17 scores:

Length (7.28") 5points, Weight (24.79oz) 25points, Caliber (9mm) 10points Locked breech 5points, Firing pin block 10points, Double action 10points, Target sight 10points & Target grips 5points=Total of 80 points

Changes and features made to Glocks to comply with the BATF rules:

- all models are imported with a cheap click-adjustable rear sight that is replaced at the factory with the stock sight

- target (grooved) trigger added to compacts & subcompacts

- target grips added to all models (required for the subcompacts)

- due to their caliber, .380 autos (G25 & G28) do not score enough points to be imported

As far as Glock producing them in Smyrna, I didn't think it was truly set up for full scale manufacturing, but I could be wrong.

THey don't produce them in Smyrna because they don't see enough demand for a product like that. Recently 9mm sub compacts have taken over the role that used to be filled by .380s.

We'll see what happens with Kahr's new .380. If it's a big hit I think you might see American made Glock 25s.

Glock should make a single-stack 9mm (or .380 if people would buy it), to compete with the Kel-Tecs and Kahrs. I would think that it would look alot like the Walther PPS...

I'd buy a Glock Single Stack 9mm myself.

Guest sling
I'd buy a Glock Single Stack 9mm myself.

Agreed. I remember when Glock introduced the G36 slim line. Really erked me that they didnt make a 9mm slim line.

Agreed. I remember when Glock introduced the G36 slim line. Really erked me that they didnt make a 9mm slim line.

I'm with you there. It's like they realized a need for the slim concept, but stopped short of offering it in other, arguably more popular calibers.

Guest db99wj

I just compared the Glock 25 vs the Kel Tec on size. The Glock is about an 1 1/2" bigger all the way around and weighs 20.11 oz compared to 8.3 oz (unloaded) but the Glock holds 15/17rounds compared to 6+1.

Kel tec

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Calibers : .380 AUTO

Weight unloaded lbs. : 8.3 oz.

Loaded magazine : 2.8 oz.

Length : 5.2" Height : 3.5" Width : .77"

Sight radius :3.8"

Muzzle Energy Max : 250 ft lbs

Capacity : 6 + 1 rounds

Trigger Pull : 5lbs

Glock 25

Caliber.380ACP

ActionSafe Action System

Length (slide)6.85 in.(174mm) Height 5 in.(127mm) Width 1.18 in.(30mm)

Magazine capacity 15rd/17rd

Weight Empty 20.11 oz.(570g)

Magazine weight 2.4 oz.(68g)

Full magazine weight 7.2 oz.(204g)

Trigger pull (standard)5.5 lbs.(2.5kg)

Trigger travel for discharge 0.5 in.(12.5mm)

Number of safeties 3

If Glock would scale it down to match the size of a P3AT or the LCP, it still be as reliable as the other Glocks, they would make a freaking fortune, I would buy one.

Edited by db99wj
added content to clarify my content.