question on wounded warrior project clothing

If someone is wearing Wounded Warrior Project clothing, for example a hoodie, t shirt, whatever, should it be automatically assumed that they are military?

I am not military or law enforcement. At 6'4" 220lbs I am a big guy but i dont work out and am not in good shape.

I have people come up and ask me what branch i served in or what my MOS was and i have to explain that i dont and havent served.

I fully support the military and law enforcement in everything they do. I also respect them enough that i dont want the average person to think i am a servicemember when im not, thats borderline impersonating if i do it on purpose IMO. I have family members that have served and i have some WWP clothing that i like the way it looks. I also wear a olive drab paracord bracelet 90% of the time. I have had store clerks try to give me military discount just in plain tshirt and jeans.

Had one guy tell me an OD paracord bracelet was for the marines.

Just dont want to give the impression im something that im not.
  • Administrator

Short answer:  No

If you wear one of the paper crowns from Burger King, am I supposed to assume you're royalty?  People are just dumb.  When dumb people ask dumb questions, and you tell them the honest truth, that's not impersonation.  Impersonation would be accepting the military discount or telling them you were a SEAL in 'Nam.

• Like 1

I would  just tell them that you support the cause and explain that you like their clothing....Why would you worry what  others think? I have shirts that  say Afghanistan on it.from when husband was overseas...No-one thinks I have been there...

We had looked into it also but found out that they only give 40 % to the actual cause ..not that they are not a good cause but its just not for us..

• Like 1
Celebrities wear it all the time. It is pretty mainstream now; enough that folks should not immediately assume only vets would wear it. Of course, the graphic on the clothing paired with being a military aged male probably is what leads to that conclusion.

If you wear one of the paper crowns from Burger King, am I supposed to assume you're royalty?

Yes!

But seriously, I wear some military clothing sometimes and have not served.  I explain to people that the items were given to me and that I support the military and honor them by wearing it.  My dad served in Vietnam and i am proud of him for that.

• Like 1