California school to get guns.

I support the basic idea but 14 rifles to cover 44 schools? And the rifles will be "locked up in a safe at their assigned school or secured in their patrol car"? How is that going to keep the kids safe from whacko's?

Edited by PapaB

WOW! so they are saying the best way to stop a person is with a high powered rifle? hum looks like this plays in the gun supporters favor... I mean there is always an officer of the law there when you need them right? 

also i think a sidearm would of stopped the Sandy Hook shooter... heck he stopped himself with one didn't he... 

I thought it's always been the sidearm is your back up weapon... and your rifle is your primary...am i wrong

Edited by carter

Yes.  The leftys DO think that the BEST way to stop crime is POWERFUL GUNS in the hands of the STATE faced off against a DISARMED society.   This is just standard police state mentality, nothing new or exciting or interesting to see here.

• Like 1

I support the basic idea but 14 rifles to cover 44 schools? And the rifles will be "locked up in a safe at their assigned school or secured in their patrol car"? How is that going to keep the kids safe from whacko's?

It's the deterrent effect. The whackos don't know at which schools the ARs will be placed. Of course the odds are in their favor. 

It's the deterrent effect. The whackos don't know at which schools the ARs will be placed. Of course the odds are in their favor. 

I thought of the deterrent effect, I just don't think it works in this case. 2/3's of the schools won't have one for now and those that do will have them locked up inside, or worse, locked up outside in a patrol car. If I were a bad guy I wouldn't feel too deterred.

Wow, that’s the first school district I have heard of that has their own Police Department.

Knox County School System has their on armed security people with police powers.  It's not unheard of.  I think they have about 10 of 15 officers on staff. 

http://www.wate.com/story/19250252/knox-county-school-security-officers-train-with-police-for-first-time

Now what is sad is that this was the first time they have trained together.  All three departments should be training together regularly.  But I know how that goes between local jurisdictions.