My "I Want An AR Thread"

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fixing to order a couple of rifle cases(my Wilson Tennis cases are getting pretty worn:p) which leads to how long is a M4 carbine? From what I can see online it should be 33 inches,but is that with or with out a flash hider/brake?

So would I be good with a 33 or 34 inch soft case?

Guest Mugster

I shoot over the top of a toolbox with a sandbag on top to check accuracy, so you might get better than i do. This is my advice on good bang for the buck ammo. The PRVI 75gr hp loading might be a candidate as well.

Plinking, whatever, probably 2 MOAish out of an average ar and mil-spec 5.56 velocity:

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product1299.html

Target shooting on the cheap, groundhogging, 1.5 MOA out of my rifles:

Walmart, 200 round value pack, federal aebp223g, 50gr hp, think its $76+tax for 200 rounds

longer range target ammo, reloads, pretty good stuff, I get 1 MOA ish at least:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=181248

real good ammo, I get sub MOA with this pretty consistent:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=167212

Edited by Mugster

I apologize, they offer a brass credit. Basically they will pay you for the brass you bought from them when you send it back lowering your next orders price. There is someone out there that reloads .223 but I can't find it. Thought maybe it was Atlanta Arms but there site doesn't mention it. SBR will reload 458. I reload so I haven't used the services.

Brass Credit Program We do offer a brass credit program at Georgia Arms. Our Brass Credit Program is provided for regular Georgia Arms customers, not for buyers of other brands of ammunition. Please call with calibers and quantities for details. 1-800-624-6861

OK, I've decided not to go with the EOTech that I was gonna get from Joe at Hero Gear. I put some real serious thought into what exactly I was going to use this AR for, and I believe a rifle scope will better suit my needs. As for which scope I'll be going with--that's still up in the air.

So, if anyone is interested in a pretty darn good deal on that EOTech 511, contact Joe at Hero Gear. From what I understand, it's not technically brand new, but there is no way you could tell by loking at it. From what I recall, it looked absolutely perfect to me. I'm sure Joe could give you better details.

The hunt is on for a scope.

Millett DMS-1 :hat:

Have you tried yours in the bright sunlight? I was reading some reviews, and while most were quite favorable, I did read quite a few complaints about the red dot and circle not being very visible in bright light.

Also, I saw quite a few negative reviews concerning the porr quality/fit of the lens covers. Most suggested buying an aftermarket set of covers.

These issues may have been corrected by Millett, but I wanted to make sure.

What say you?

Guest Mugster

I've shot the millet. Wasn't impressed. Get a bushnell or a nikon shotgun scope of low power with parallax set to 75 yards if you want to action shoot. If you want to drop a few bucks, the 3200 elite 1.5-4.5x bushnell is a really good scope. About 2 times clearer than the millet, imo.

So is there such a thing as a budget optic for us po folk?

I guess so. But I still feel as if you still get what you pay for, to a certian degree. You can always find something that will get the job done, but I have a hard time settling something that will just get the job done. I always want a little nicer.

It's just another pain in the a$$ when it comes to the building of this rifle. As of now, it's a love/hate thing. I'm sure I bring most of it on myself. I can be so damn indecisive. If I had an endless budget, things would be so much easier.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to Wayne Co Thursday night for the weekend. Fairly good haul but I gots 100s of acres to shoot on if you want to drive down. Nick from the boards here might come out to shoot Friday. He wants to see the 458. If interested, and you have gas money to get almost to Alabama...come on down. I'll be there till Monday. Holler