Desires vs Common Sense

knox

if you are going to drop a grand on a sig, get a single action design instead IMHO.  Then it will be a different shooting experience from the glock.  The DA/SA would be as well, but that model isnt comfortable to shoot for me, the trigger system is just poorish.

Guest chuck66

Meh.  Had a 229.  It's gone.  So is the XD and all the other service pistols I've owned.  Had at least one of most of the big names, except H&K.  They're all gone, except the Glock.  I just raise my arm, and it points where I want it to go, never jammed once.  Cheap,(relatively, at least when I bought it) easy to maintain, great aftermarket support.  The Sig was surely the most accurate pistol I ever had, but I personally found it too top heavy, and just plain too heavy and clunky feeling.  I can see why the folks who like them like them, but not worth the money to me.

Here is my 2 cents:

I grew up in the Ford vs. Chevy house, and there was no middle road, Dodge wasn't
an option. When I first dove into guns, I never heard of Sig, and Glocks were
just hitting the market, and was being tossed out there as a plastic gun. So I
bought a Beretta 92FS. When I got really serious about guns, and listening to
active police officers in the early 1990s, most (high percentage) says nothing
was better than a Sig, so I bought one, a P229. As time went on I acquired a
Gen2 Glock 17. As decade or two passed, when money wasn't too much of a
deciding factor, I bought more Sigs, and then quietly I bought another Glock.
Bought some more Sigs, and bought another Glock. My rationale is that if a high
percentage of men/women use Glocks every day in their professional job (LEO),
then they must be excellent tools. If elite military and LEO agencies use Sigs,
then they must be extraordinary tools. So in this house, there is no Ford and
Chevy choices, but admiration of proven tools.  I lean on Sigs though!

One more view point and I am done. I still relate guns to women in a lot of ways
from my teenage and early 20s years. Sigs and Glocks are just like the Pretty
Girls and not so pretty girls. Some of you will go out of your way to be seen with pretty,
girls, show and tell, brag, trophy, etc., and others its okay to be seen with the not so

pretty, not so glamorous, no trophy, etc. However, when it counts (Sorry Sig), when its

time to get real intimate, both will not let you down, and both are proven bed
buddies.

Now if I could get my Sig / Glocks off of birth control, then I would be cooking with peanut oil

(Thanks Phil).

Edited by Runco

I keep Glocks. My safe is full of them. My wife loves her Sig 226 and is very competent with it, and I think it is a fine gun,

but I can shoot my Glocks better, take much more abuse and still look and act the same, just like Runco says :D  And

I don't have to worry about the trophy aspect, at all.

Trouble comes when you do both... :lol:

My three horses cost more in a month than I've spent on guns in...well, much more than a month! 

Ugh ouch.. yeah ,3 would be a bit much for us.. Mine is in full board at a stable..Would love to be able to keep him here .I had a horse on my property and she got chased by something during the night.. broke thru the fence and got killed on our 4 lane here ....

Go rent a SIG and take the Glock with you.  Shoot them both and compare.  If you like the SIG, get one.  If you don't, then you will have satisfied that curiosity without dropping a lot of money.  You might also rent a third gun as a blind test.  There are LOTS of choices out there for comparison.  S&W, Walther, CZ, Springfield, and others all make competitors for that market.  How many folks will buy a car without a test drive?  So why buy a firearm without the same thing?

• Like 1

Trouble comes when you do both...:lol:

My three horses cost more in a month than I've spent on guns in...well, much more than a month! 

My wife has collected 9 horses, she has never said a word about me bring home a new gun, so far 5 1911s vs 9 eating pooping pasture decorations I think I'm ahead.