Did some tracking today

BIL took a shot on a coyote out harrasing out cattle this morning. We have had several issues, and lost calves to this same pack in the last five years. He knew from the blood he wounded it, but had to go to work, and asked if I'd track it for him. I tracked it by blood and snow tracks for two miles up the ridge. Finally put it down at 150 yds quartered away around 9:00 am. Left the freaking thing to rot, I have a grudge after losing calves to the dirty SOB's. But still wasn't gonna leave a wounded animal to suffer, and it was gut shot and would have died slow. My sister took some pics as I was leaving, this was my first outting with the SU-16, and it performed admirably, as well as my second outting, and first woods trip with my Unclejak's Custom Capote, and it was incredibly warm, even with 25 degree temps, and a wicked 10 mph wind on the ridge tops.

Then she was outside with the kids and snapped these in front of my dads antiques shed/ my lil home away from home.

Tracking004_zps4d018be9.jpg

Edited by Spots
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spots,
If my post, in jest, upset or offened you I do apologize. I said it in good fun and in good faith that you would see it as humor.

Not at all my friend. Marines are only ugly till we put on dress.blues lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.