just organizing a bit ...

npgunner

just doing a little organizing of the boxes scattered around the house ... found a few more after taking the pics. these are owned by dad, bro, and myself. can you tell we're Glock fans?

anybody have an idea on a good way to store these? or something useful I can do with them?photo_zps87ca2a4a.jpg

store them by hanging?  You could either go high and long -- run a rod across the roof there against the wall and hang by the handles, or you could put them all on a rope and go roof to floor in a corner or some out of the way place.

Depening on how the guns are stored NOW, you MAY be able to use them with the guns to store many guns in less space in your safe.  It really varies from safe to safe, though.   It works when you do not have enough shelves to make a bunch of "1 pistol high" shelves and too many pistols, so you stack the boxes instead?  Also, if thse are not foam cut to fit boxes, you can often put 2 guns in one box (storage only, do not transport) and really clean up a safe. 

They are, of course, great for taking guns to the range.  They are also nice for ammo transport, you can get 4+ boxes of 9mm in one and the handle is nice. 

Guest Lester Weevils

Because my safe is on the small side, I store pistolas without the boxes in the safe. But always carry them to the range in the factory boxes because it keeps em from getting dinged up, and keeps mags and mag loaders in the same place with every gun.

Used to take pistols to the range in holsters or pistol rugs, but the cases seem to protect better, don't take up that much more room than holsters or rugs, and stack neatly in the range bag.

So each trip to the range involved getting out pistols from the safe and putting them in the cases.

It is a storage problem because they are all "about the same size" but not all identical size. A problem you don't have with the glock cases.

I use a label machine to put easy to read ID on each case, make em easier to pick out, but the milk jug plastic they are made of doesn't hold labels well and they have to be replaced once in awhile. The milk jug plastic is real slick and they don't stack well and don't sit well-behaved vertical like books on a shelf either. Used to keep em all stacked up on a wire shelf but routine "avalanches" of cases falling off the shelf because they don't stack well. Lately store them in a couple of those plasticized cardboard post office mail bins, about 2 foot by 1.5 foot rectangles. The plastic doesn't scratch up the floor when you slide them on the floor, and I keep em either on the floor under a wire shelf or slid under the bed. All the milk jug plastic rifle cases are slid under the bed.

The ideal storage method would keep em easy to pick thru but out of the way. The post office plastic-cardboard bins are "almost suitable" because just accidentally most pistol cases sit "narrow end down" in a row in the bin, but those bins are wider on the top than the bottom so it isn't a perfect container. Maybe some of the plasticized cardboard cheap file boxes from walmart or staples-- Maybe there is a particular size that just accidentally holds a good number of pistol boxes without too much wasted space?

Can you imagine what would happen if you sent your kid to school with a Glock lunchbox?

if I had kids, I would like to give this a try ... but since I don't, I wonder what would happen if I took my lunch in one into the hospital?!
i wonder if the security people would have anything to say about an empty Glock box?

if I had kids, I would like to give this a try ... but since I don't, I wonder what would happen if I took my lunch in one into the hospital?!
i wonder if the security people would have anything to say about an empty Glock box?

Just make sure you act twitchy and make sudden movements towards it often.

• Like 1
LOL! Love this thread. Glock lunch boxes would cause a lot of strokes carrying it around. I wish I had the guts (or stupidity) to irk people like that.

Imagine how many lunches you could carry in a rifle case! That would be good for catering! Edited by Slappy

LOL! Love this thread. Glock lunch boxes would cause a lot of strokes carrying it around. I wish I had the guts (or stupidity) to irk people like that.

Imagine how many lunches you could carry in a rifle case! That would be good for catering!

You could only get away with the rifle case if you carried paper plates and condiments in 30 cal ammo cans.

i have to admit, i'm somewhat disappointed that nobody thought curling with glock cases was a good idea.

curling just the cases wouldn't do much good I don't expect.  sometimes when I'm toting around an ammo can I'll give it a few curls while walking around.  for some reason, the curls seem easier after a day at the range

curling just the cases wouldn't do much good I don't expect.  sometimes when I'm toting around an ammo can I'll give it a few curls while walking around.  for some reason, the curls seem easier after a day at the range

no no, i mean OLYMPIC curling :D

0216-Vancouver-Olympics-Curling-600_full

Can you imagine what would happen if you sent your kid to school with a Glock lunchbox?

That's awesome and oh so tempting.

We have some fancy electronic equipment where I work that either didn't come with a good carry/storage box or we broke the one it came with.  Someone went to the local walmart and found a suitably sized container...    a Plano pistol case.  The guys that use it like to leave the box sitting on the edge of their desk.  It's fun to watch the reactions.  I even give it a double take occasionally.