handgun addict

Joe357

For years I was content owning two or three handguns, a couple of hunting rifles and a over and under trap shotgun.

Sold all rifles and shotgun and just kept pistols. Went to the range maybe once a year shot the old ammo and purchased more for next year. For the last year or so I have been going to the range at least once a week sometimes more and just can't seem to find the right hand gun. I have a 9mm now that I like to shoot and will most likely keep it. I purchased a 45 and sold it then I bought an other put 16 rounds through it and went to a gunsmith to have him replace the trigger because it was biting my finger. I fired 8 more rounds and it was fine. Then Saturday I went to the and wanted to shoot a 1911. I putting 50 rounds through my 9mm and loved it.
Then I said to myself I will shoot the 1911 first to see how it feels compared to my sig p220. So I shot 16 rounds through the 1911 and it felt very good. Then I loaded up two magazines of my p220 and shot, I didn't like it. Went back to the 1911 and shot another 8 rounds and it still felt very good. I then went back to the 9mm and I still liked it. So to took a break and let my wife shoot her 380's. I then put in the last 6 rounds I had in the p220 and shot it. The p220 just isn't working for me now I want to sell or trade my new p220 that only has about 38 rounds through it to get a 1911. My question is now many of you do the same thing buy a gun like it then shoot something else and like it even better?
. Edited by JoeW

My problem is, I don't ever get rid of anything.  I go through phases, but most importantly I appreciate all quality firearms, and just can not justify getting rid of anything.  I made a promise to myself years ago, to buy at minimum one gun per year.  Problem, I always exceed the at minimum requirement. 

• Like 2

I am guilty of this very thing.  I don't know how many times I have done it looking for the perfect gun.  I finally quit looking in self defense handguns.  I doubt I will ever quit lookng when it comes to range toys, especially .22s.  However, a Glock 19 with grip reduction and Fulcrum trigger, Ruger LC9 with Galloway trigger bar, new recoil spring and RTK trigger, along with a Keltect  P32 with a Keltec P11 trigger shoe remain my mainstays now and I won't even look at alternatives.  Well, I do like to have a G17 and G26 around too, but don't carry them. 

Congratulations..  Hope it works for you.

As many have said before, shooting the gun can make all the difference in the world. Just because it look and feels good in your hand doesn't mean you'll like shooting it. I've had it happen several times to me. In fact thinking about letting a recent purchase loose as well.

No. still keeping the SR45. :rock:  

I learned at young age that too many old farts said they wished they had a certain gun back.  Now I am old fart, and I listened, I can actually say I have not experienced the regret thing.  I do not count the guns that I had when I owned a gun store.  There was this double barrel Fox 410 that I had in inventory, it lasted about a day.  It was sweet.   Back then I couldn't afford to buy my own inventory for myself.

For years I was a shotgun guy and could care less about pistols or rifles. At the time I was a duck hunter and never could get into pistols but now that I'm a little older, I don't duck hunt like I use to and really enjoy my pistols. I bought a Ruger P95 about 10 years ago and mostly had it around for a house gun and then when I got to shooting pistols, I realized I hated the P95. I sold it and bought a Glock 21, no reason, just figured you couldn't go wrong with a Glock. After shooting the Glock a few times, I figured out it wasn't the gun for me. I sold the Glock and bought a Sig 1911 and I love it. Forgot to mention that I bought a Ruger Mark III 22/45 back in the summer and have always been deadly accurate with it, guess I should have known then that I was a 1911 guy. My point is, just because some people love a gun, doesn't mean it's the best gun for everyone else. You have to get out and shoot them and see what fits and what you like. As long as you're not loosing money, who cares how many you go through till you find the one you like. My problem is now I want more and more, having one or two isn't enough. Now I'm getting into .22 rifles and can't wait to buy or build me a 10/22 target rifle. I have a Remington 597 but after shooting a friends 10/22, I got to have one. I try to keep all the guns I can but if I know it's not a gun I'm going to shoot, I sell it so I can get something new. Good thing about guns, I've never lost money on one. Even my old P95, I got $50 more than what I paid for it 10 years ago new. The other thing I always keep in mind when buying guns, I buy good quality guns, there's always a market for them if I want to sell. Example ~ My father in-law bought a Colt Phython .357 in 1980 and paid $300 for it, today it's worth about $1800. Guns are a good investment, that's what I tell my wife ;)

Now have a para ss expert 45.
Did the trade plus some ammo.

Next will be a sig p2022 9mm

Nice, I have a very similar model, might be the exact same one, and its been an excellent shooter.  I upgraded mine a little along the way, but out of the box it was very good and reasonably priced.