Hornady addresses rumors

It's at JPhillips house :)

*points to show and tell*

Ha Thanks my pile is a progress of many years of reloading and buying when I got the opportunity to buy in bulk discounts. I assure I've not begun to come close to being a threat of the recent hoarding. I'm in same boat as rest of the country I can't find it either. I have four whole sellers I buy from and they can't get it either

Ha Thanks my pile is a progress of many years of reloading and buying when I got the opportunity to buy in bulk discounts. I assure I've not begun to come close to being a threat of the recent hoarding. I'm in same boat as rest of the country I can't find it either. I have four whole sellers I buy from and they can't get it either

Hehe, just poking fun sir. Its certainly a nice stash.

I'm sure all the ammo and gun makers are running full blast. People are just buying it up faster than they can make it.

I wonder (especially the AR makers) if they are investing in much new equipment though. I'm sure they are running full blast what they have but you can understand them being reluctant to invest in more production when the guns they make could be banned in the near future.

just got in 50 cases of 6000 223 bullets from them today 55 grain soft point

I've seen you post several times you are getting large numbers of consumables.  How are you managing to get this stuff and no one else is?  It seems like some people are getting stuff on a regular basis while others are not seeing anything.  

I'm sure all the ammo and gun makers are running full blast. People are just buying it up faster than they can make it.

I wonder (especially the AR makers) if they are investing in much new equipment though. I'm sure they are running full blast what they have but you can understand them being reluctant to invest in more production when the guns they make could be banned in the near future.

Not even thinking about the possible ban, but at some point the market has to be saturated. Then what do they do with all the extra equipment they invested in that they aren't using now because the rush is over. I agree with your they are most likely running full blast. These places are all businesses that require product to make money, so I'm sure they're trying to get it to us all as quick as possible.

Ammunition is a consumable, just like food.  Every time you go to the range, you need to realize that every single round fired by everyone there will need to be replaced. 

I see a LOT more people shooting these days than I did five years ago.  That's means a LOT more ammo is being shot up.

As for 'hoarding', what do you mean by 'hoarding'?  I buy ammo by the case when it's plentiful and cheap.  When it's expensive and hard to find, I buy very little, if any.  Am I a 'hoarder'?  If so, why is that bad?  Because I'm smarter than those who wait until things are scarce and expensive? 

If you are smart, you will have a stock of a year's supply of food, a year's supply of ammo, as well as batteries, water, gasoline, and other necessities.  Have you ever been to a grocery store during a bad snowfall?  Remember all of the empty shelves?  Expecting the grocery store to always have what you want is worse than stupid. 

What we are seeing with ammo is exactly the same as a grocery store during a snowstorm.  It's all the idiots who didn't stock up who are emptying the shelves.  Since ammo has a longer lead time, it will take a while before stocks get back to normal.

• Like 1

I've seen you post several times you are getting large numbers of consumables.  How are you managing to get this stuff and no one else is?  It seems like some people are getting stuff on a regular basis while others are not seeing anything.  

because 4 years ago i got caught with my pants down i was ready this time .tonight i am in a motel tomorrow i am picking up 1000000 cci primers and 50 cases of 62 grain 556 it will be for sale next week .if you doubt i have the componets come to a knoxville gun show btw the 55 grain bullets will be 10 cents each for fmj soft point will be 11 cents and noslers are 14 cents will be in kansas city mo this weekend next week knoxville at the zoo

Edited by dlm37015

Ammunition is a consumable, just like food.  Every time you go to the range, you need to realize that every single round fired by everyone there will need to be replaced. 

I see a LOT more people shooting these days than I did five years ago.  That's means a LOT more ammo is being shot up.

As for 'hoarding', what do you mean by 'hoarding'?  I buy ammo by the case when it's plentiful and cheap.  When it's expensive and hard to find, I buy very little, if any.  Am I a 'hoarder'?  If so, why is that bad?  Because I'm smarter than those who wait until things are scarce and expensive? 

I agree. I've been called a "ammo hoarder" and talked nasty to for doing it. Mostly it's from people that know I keep quite a bit on hand and they don't and are trying to buy some in these times. Guess what, I'm not buying any of that high priced ammo because I have pelnty on hand. I'm not the one driving the prices up because I'm not buying. I'll just wait until it comes back down and buy another few 1,000 rounds.

• Like 1