DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Guest AmericanWorkMule

DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile

it's hard to not become a paranoid conspiracy theorist when you read news reports about the DHS buying thousands of these things and billions of rounds of ammo...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/03/obama-dhs-purchases-2700-light-armored-tanks-to-go-with-their-1-6-billion-bullet-stockpile/

Still trying to find a source of this information other than some guy's blog. I could say the DHS just bought 2,700 Tie Fighters but it doesn't make it true and it doesn't mean DHS is building a Death Star.
  • Like 5

If you find the source let us know ... I couldn't really find one other than the blog.

As far as the death star goes; they've already said they wouldn't do that ... costs too much money https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/isnt-petition-response-youre-looking

If this is true; I may have to put my tin foil back on and hide again ... :tinfoil:  :hiding:  :stalk:

and to think, I had just taken it off and come out to see the light

• Like 1

Maybe they are finally going to address illegal border crossing. 2000 miles of border, 2700 vehicles. That puts 1 every 1/2 mile and 700 for backup about every 2 miles.

I could not find anyother sources either.

I have a better idea. Disband the IRS and take those agents and put them on the border. It works out to 16 agents per mile. Surely we can protect the border with an agent every 100 yards. And that is on both borders.

Dolomite

• Like 5

I have a better idea. Disband the IRS and take those agents and put them on the border. It works out to 16 agents per mile. Surely we can protect the border with an agent every 100 yards. And that is on both borders.

Dolomite

works for me!

Dolomite

As much stuff as they miss, or wrongly flag as incorrect on taxes, they may let illegals through and stop the lizards and praire rats that try to come through. 

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Hey? Gimmie a Break!

I was down by the river and met a guy in a van who gave me the link!

Seemed Legit....

20120403175648_surveillance%20van%20seem

As much stuff as they miss, or wrongly flag as incorrect on taxes, they may let illegals through and stop the lizards and praire rats that try to come through. 

I don't think letting them in is what Obama is worried about. Got to keep the subjects in or he would just be the largest land owner in the world.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/more-mraps-1200-maxxpro-mpvs-from-navistar-03344/

"[font=Verdana, Geneva, 'Lucida Sans', 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', sans-serif]#023: Full “rolling chassis” retrofits: 2,717"[/size][/font]

Go further down the page and it mentions that 2,300 of those retrofits took place in FY 2012.... all in Afghanistan. Edited by TMF

Go further down the page and it mentions that 2,300 of those retrofits took place in FY 2012.... all in Afghanistan.

March 13/12: A $21.3 million firm-fixed-price contract for “the long wheel rolling chassis upgrade with independent suspension on the MaxxPro [MRAP] and transportation fixtures.” Vid. Jan 9/12 entry for the full explanation; this the installation work associated with its January order to upgrade 2,717 vehicles.

Work will be performed in West Point, MS, with an estimated completion date of May 20/12. One bid was solicited, with one bid received, by US Army Contracting Command in Warren, MI (W56HZV-12-C-0130).

March 13/12: A $21.3 million firm-fixed-price contract for “the long wheel rolling chassis upgrade with independent suspension on the MaxxPro [MRAP] and transportation fixtures.” Vid. Jan 9/12 entry for the full explanation; this the installation work associated with its January order to upgrade 2,717 vehicles.
Work will be performed in West Point, MS, with an estimated completion date of May 20/12. One bid was solicited, with one bid received, by US Army Contracting Command in Warren, MI (W56HZV-12-C-0130).

Rog, I mixed up the other retrofits going on in Astan. Regardless, the 2,700 retrofits occurred under Army contract, not DHS, so this isn't evidence of any purchase or existence of some mass fleet of MRAPs that are hidden somewhere in the US. Considering that our own Marine Corps has less than 2,300 MRAPs I'd be very surprised to find DHS with more of them, considering the Marines are actually getting blown up and shot at daily. I'd be equally surprised to find out that DHS has found a secret lair to hide this enormous fleet of vehicles that not a single person has ever seen apparently.

Hey? Gimmie a Break!

I was down by the river and met a guy in a van who gave me the link!

Seemed Legit....

20120403175648_surveillance%20van%20seem

You're lucky, every time i see a van like this it's just for free candy..... i don't think they really know what candy is though because that was certainly NOT candy. *waddles away*

I would like to see the requisition form.  One could see the requisition forms from DHS on the ammo and PDWs online.  Until then, I will file it as conspiracy theory chatter.

I would like to see the requisition form.  One could see the requisition forms from DHS on the ammo and PDWs online.  Until then, I will file it as conspiracy theory chatter.

It would be a bill for about 1.4 billion dollars to purchase that many MRAPs, so it should be easy to find if it existed.

if you go to http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/more-mraps-1200-maxxpro-mpvs-from-navistar-03344/ and look at it...

zapfbroad, on 04 Mar 2013 - 12:29, said: 

March 13/12: A $21.3 million firm-fixed-price contract for “the long wheel rolling chassis upgrade with independent suspension on the MaxxPro [MRAP] and transportation fixtures.” Vid. Jan 9/12 entry for the full explanation; this the installation work associated with its January order to upgrade 2,717 vehicles.Work will be performed in West Point, MS, with an estimated completion date of May 20/12. One bid was solicited, with one bid received, by US Army Contracting Command in Warren, MI (W56HZV-12-C-0130).

then google W56HZV-12-C-0130 may lead you to...

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&tab=core&id=f87edad41debe2d395e2234c32ba5ff1

for your pleasure 

there are different orders, it's not a 2717 pcs buy of 'new' gear, there's retrofit orders for individual components in bulk etc as well so chasing a dollar amount would be difficult

Edited by zapfbroad

I don't feel that this entire blogosphere issue is an issue. I'm just saying... this is where these people are extrapolating out their speculations From, since everyone was asking for sources. It's not gonna be Napolitano's personal memo saying "buy 2717 tanks to crush the infidels in zion". These people are piecing things together hunting for a big "oh damn here it comes".

Edited by zapfbroad

I have a better idea. Disband the IRS and take those agents and put them on the border. It works out to 16 agents per mile. Surely we can protect the border with an agent every 100 yards. And that is on both borders.

Dolomite

Hmmm....could we just tie one to a chair every hundred yards or so? Kinda use them for bait?.....lol
  • Like 1

I don't feel that this entire blogosphere issue is an issue. I'm just saying... this is where these people are extrapolating out their speculations From, since everyone was asking for sources. It's not gonna be Napolitano's personal memo saying "buy 2717 tanks to crush the infidels in zion". These people are piecing things together hunting for a big "oh damn here it comes".

Once again, these are all Army contracts, and yes, you can get the purchase orders/contracts for every last MRAP that has rolled off the line into gov hands. Congress was screaming about this in 2007 when they were trying to get these into Iraq with the quickness. DHS can't just purchase 1.4 billion in armored vehicles and shuffle that away somehow, that isn't how contracts work. There would be such a paper trail that any of the dozens of watchdog agencies who do this for a living would catch in a heartbeat.

Unless, of course, this is a giant conspiracy involving thousands of Americans who have all conspired together to keep this secret, this whole thing isn't true. The closest thing to truth would be the grants that DHS was offering state and local LEAs to acquire similar armored vehicles. Edited by TMF
  • Like 2
Guest 6.8 AR

I haven't been following this one, so I don't really know anything more than anyone around here already does,

but if you want to trash that link, fine, but the real test might lie in some other news that people aren't paying any

attention to: Obamacare. The reason some states are caving on the risk pools have more to do with states getting

extorted into the situation by having to agree to the pools in order to keep receiving federal funds.

Now, I know we have some of the most expert at military affairs and their procurement process and such, but I

propose, instead of some of your continual "tinfoil queerness" that you so happily set upon anyone who might

suggest anything that might be against your lame attempts at being that "expert", you might also consider all

the "accomplishments" of this administration and re-consider your thoughts and be a bit more suspicious at current

events.

The reason I mentioned Obamacare and stopped there is because there are still people who have no clue about

some of the over-reaching that is in that bill that we are stuck with. But, it's much more fun to say "tinfoil" than to

do some homework. And I don't mean wiki.

If you people think DHS is just another alphabet agency, nothing to talk about.