Walmart and ammo Yesterday

Yesterday I walked back to sporting goods and I see a cart full of unopened brown boxes that appears to be the right size for ammo.

There is a couple filling out their paper work to by a gun.

I ask the guy behind the counter what they got in for ammo, he said he didn't know and couldn't check it until he was done with that sale.

I said I am next in line.

He screws around on that gun sale far to long.  While they are doing the paper work he just sits there.  OK fine, I guess do as little as you can.

After the background check comes back if he don't screw around for a good 20 minutes looking at the paperwork and then getting a manager to approve it

Then another 10 minutes trying to break down a shotgun to put it back in the box.

Finally another woman that I have seen their regularly working back their breaks it down in about 2 seconds. 

By now their is a line of people looking at these boxes, of course they haven't been tax stamped and such yet.  At least she pulls out the paper work and tells us what is there.

It is mostly  Remington 12ga Turkey Shot.

When everyone hear that they filled out as that stuff was already available on the shelf, but I ask about one box that I read Remington Small Arms Cartridges.  I ask about it, she said that was 12 ga as well.

Maybe that is how it is shipped but I never considered 12ga small arm cartridges. 

I spent dam near45 minutes or more waiting to find out that was just 12ga shells.  I was not very happy.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not, after that.

Besides I picked up some turkey shot a few days ago. 

Plus I noticed the only ammo that I seem to be able to buy is what I call Hunting Ammo.

Turkey shot,  or .270 shells. 

I was really hoping for some .22lr or mag, or .223 with that.

It's your own fault for standing there. Every case has BIG BLACK LETTERS on each side that say shot shells. Did the one case say Remington Small Arms Cartridges or "Remington Small Arms Company"? I bet it was "Company".....

It's your own fault for standing there. Every case has BIG BLACK LETTERS on each side that say shot shells. Did the one case say Remington Small Arms Cartridges or "Remington Small Arms Company"? I bet it was "Company".....

This.

For what it's worth, Academy has had independence 5.56 for $9.99/ box and American Eagle .223 for $8.50/ box. The only problem is you can only buy one box per caliber.

And they (at least the Rivergate location) don't put all the ammo out for the fools who line up before the doors open. They keep some to put out later in the day.

And they (at least the Rivergate location) don't put all the ammo out for the fools who line up before the doors open. They keep some to put out later in the day.

I can attest to this at the Collierville location as well. Their is a line of 4-5 folks every morning that snag most if not all of it.

My wife's coworker went to get her oil changed around lunch time today and called and told her they had some 9mm in stock which means they had to have put it out later. Either that or it didn't sell out this morning (unlikely). Being the good wife she is she took her lunch break and went and bought 3 boxes! I was verrrry excited! It's kind of sad actually to be excited over ammo. :squint:

I posted this in another thread, but I'll say it again.

Long story short, I was in the same Walmart as Vontar a few weeks ago and they had a box marked WINCHESTER 12GA SHOTSHELL (IN BIG BLACK LETTERS.) When it was opened it had 1 box 50 Fed. 9mm, 2 box 20 Tula .223, 2 box Win. .40, and a few other boxes of ammo.

They aren't always getting their shipments by the case.

Edit:to add BIG BLACK LETTERS Edited by BrasilNuts

I posted this in another thread, but I'll say it again.

Long story short, I was in the same Walmart as Vontar a few weeks ago and they had a box marked Winchester 12ga. shotshell. When it was opened it had 1 box 50 Fed. 9mm, 2 box 20 Tula .223, 2 box Win. .40, and a few other boxes of ammo.

They aren't always getting their shipments by the case.

Same thing with the Springfield store. Edited by TripleDigitRide

Well it was an entire shopping cart full of different size boxes, couldn't see them all.  yes I did read on some of them that they where actually turkey shot, but could not read them all as they were on the other side of the counter.

About as bad as my dealings with them. They showed having Federal 9MM in 100 count boxes available online. I was going to be driving by this Walmart so I stopped. After 30 minutes and them looking everywhere, they tell me its just not there......