Has Zimmerman Waived His Right to a Pre-Trial "Stand-Your-Ground" Hearing?

Guest Law of Self Defense

Actually, that's fact. It's been presented before. Even potential jurors feel the same way when questioned. I didn't make it up....

DS

Read what you're writing.

It is a FACT that some potential jurors "FEEL" that way. It may even be a FACT that some potential jurors "THINK" that way.

THE TRUTH, however, is not a poll where the folks with the most votes win. It has yet to be established as a FACT that Zimmerman is GUILTY of ANYTHING or INNOCENT of EVERYTHING.

Do you know how I know? Because the Jury of JURORS in this case are the FINDERS OF FACT. The Trial has not yet occurred and the Jury has not yet done their job, therefore there is no declaration of what the TRUE FACTS might be.

What the Jury says are the FACTS -- ARE the FACTS. That doesn't happen until THE JURY HAS SPOKEN.

At that point, all the feeeeeeelings and thoughts and opinions and component facts and the defense and the prosecution and the judge all become immaterial.

Edited by QuietDan

Hey, I'm just telling you what TM's dad said last night. I'm not going to repost Zman's transcripts from his 911 call, because the good Lawyer "Andrew" has. Go back and read it.

Here's the legal definition of "profiling";

Profiling; noun

: the act or process of extrapolating information about a person based on known traits.

Specifically: the act of suspecting or targeting a person on the basis of observed charactersting or behavior.

Dave S

Profiling is one thing. Profiling based on race - which is what some appear to be implying - is anything issue altogether.

I agree 100%. But where did Zman racially profile TM?  Just some of Zmans comments on the 911 tapes, raises a red flag in my OPINION! That's all any of us have..and opinion.

DS

Profiling is one thing. Profiling based on race - which is what some appear to be implying - is anything issue altogether.

I agree 100%. But where did Zman racially profile TM? Just some of Zmans comments on the 911 tapes, raises a red flag in my OPINION! That's all any of us have..and opinion.

DS

Which comments raise suspicion, in your opinion?

I agree 100%. But where did Zman racially profile TM? Just some of Zmans comments on the 911 tapes, raises a red flag in my OPINION! That's all any of us have..and opinion.

DS

So if a 911 operator asks me what a person looks like, and I answer "he looks black", I'm racially profiling? Dave, surely you know better than that. Come on man. How about you go back and listen to the recording for a change

You've just proved, yet again, that when you have no proof, you go back to saying it's your OPINION. That's all it was in the first place, it was never a fact as you stated.

You see Dave, that 911 tape there, that's fact. That's not opinion. You see the difference? Edited by KKing

Actually I'm not. I'm really trying to have a decent disccusion here... 

Dave S

My apologies then.  It just seemed like you were pushing their buttons to get them riled up.

I'm not sure if you are being serious or not???  :)  Anyway, I don't believe Dave is troll at all; I suspect that he really believes what he says he believes and really holds the opinions he holds.

I don't understand the basis for many of his opinions/beliefs (and I don't mean just on the Zimemrman/Martin case) but that's a different issue than someone being a troll.

I was being serious.  I know Dave isn't a troll it just seemed like he was more interested in pushing buttons than having a honest discussion.  Turns out I was wrong. 

Actually I'm not. I'm really trying to have a decent disccusion here...

Dave S

My apologies then. It just seemed like you were pushing their buttons to get them riled up.

I'm not sure if you are being serious or not??? :) Anyway, I don't believe Dave is troll at all; I suspect that he really believes what he says he believes and really holds the opinions he holds.

I don't understand the basis for many of his opinions/beliefs (and I don't mean just on the Zimemrman/Martin case) but that's a different issue than someone being a troll.

I was being serious. I know Dave isn't a troll it just seemed like he was more interested in pushing buttons than having a honest discussion. Turns out I was wrong.

You see, that's the thing...I'd be more impressed if that's what he was actually doing because admittedly, it irritates me for someone to not be able to hold up their end of a discussion. But like you said he's not interested in honest, fact-based discussion...but more opinions and feelings. You're giving him too much troll credit Edited by KKing

So if a 911 operator asks me what a person looks like, and I answer "he looks black", I'm racially profiling? Dave, surely you know better than that. Come on man. How about you go back and listen to the recording for a change

You've just proved, yet again, that when you have no proof, you go back to saying it's your OPINION. That's all it was in the first place, it was never a fact as you stated.

You see Dave, that 911 tape there, that's fact. That's not opinion. You see the difference?

Where did I ever say Zman was racially profiling TM? I'm pretty sure I said in post # 229. I personally believe he profiled him based on his TM's actions, dress an past occurences in his neighborhood.

Yes, the 911 tape is FACT...go back and read it, then read the definition of "PROFILING". What do you want me to say?

Dave S

My apologies then.  It just seemed like you were pushing their buttons to get them riled up.

I was being serious.  I know Dave isn't a troll it just seemed like he was more interested in pushing buttons than having a honest discussion.  Turns out I was wrong. 

No big deal. Again...isn't this all about our opinions? 

It's all good!

DS

Where did I ever say Zman was racially profiling TM?

Post #203, and #206. That's where Dave

I want you to explain why in post #206 you say that it's a fact that he profiled Martin. Back it up Dave. Now it seems you've changed your story (no surprise) and are saying that it's just what you believe. So, which is it? Fact, or belief?

The 911 tape certainly doesn't support any form of profiling Edited by KKing

For those who may have missed the Tracy Martin interview last night on HLN, it was pretty good. Part two is tonight. In Tracy's mind, Zman profiled Trayvon from the get go. We'll see what happens in court today and part two of the interview tonight.

DS

Show me where I said Zman racially profiled TM? You named post 203.... 

DS

Actually, that's fact. It's been presented before. Even potential jurors feel the same way when questioned. I didn't make it up....

DS

Where did I say in this post that Zman racially profiled TM? You named posts 203 and 206 right? 

DS

Dave, there's no "fact" to support any type of profiling. Racial, or otherwise. You're wrong, though I suspect you'll never succumb to the fact. I know facts aren't your strong suit, since yet again you've danced around showing any evidence that there was ANY FORM of profiling, that you presented as "fact". It's not anyone else's job to prove anything except you. You presented the profiling as fact, yet there is no evidence to support the claim, quite the contrary actually, you're grasping at straws. Jesus riding a donkey man, you're unreal. You guys can have this guy, ignore list here he comes. I can't stand the mindf%ck that is DaveS any longer Edited by KKing
  • Like 2

Post #203, and #206. That's where Dave

I want you to explain why in post #206 you say that it's a fact that he profiled Martin. Back it up Dave. Now it seems you've changed your story (no surprise) and are saying that it's just what you believe. So, which is it? Fact, or belief?

The 911 tape certainly doesn't support any form of profiling

It's fact...read the 911 transcript , then define profiling.

TM's dad said it, not me. Profiling on behavior and race are way two different things. Again, show me where I ever said thet Zman was RACIALLY PROFILING  TM? Show me...

DS

Edited by DaveS
Guest nra37922

Damn Amish gangstas got to quit wearing hoodies and trashing up the neighborhood.   Anyone want to guess on the timeframe from when GZ is found not guilty til the Feds file some BS charges of their own?  Do you think before or after the riots break out?

Damn Amish gangstas got to quit wearing hoodies and trashing up the neighborhood.   Anyone want to guess on the timeframe from when GZ is found not guilty til the Feds file some BS charges of their own?  Do you think before or after the riots break out?

After! 

Where did I say in this post that Zman racially profiled TM? You named posts 203 and 206 right?

DS

It was implied.

It has always been one of the main "J4T" talking points, that is essentially if T had been a "white" kid, Z wouldn't even had any suspicions about him being up to no good to begin with and thus the whole reason for T dying was because of the color of his skin.

Which of course is absolutely absurd but hey what ever it takes to advance the race-bater agenda I guess.
  • Like 1

It was implied.

It has always been one of the main "J4T" talking points, that is essentially if T had been a "white" kid, Z wouldn't even had any suspicions about him being up to no good to begin with and thus the whole reason for T dying was because of the color of his skin.

Which of course is absolutely absurd but hey what ever it takes to advance the race-bater agenda I guess.

It's sombody's talking point, but not mine. Granted (no arguement from me) this got tuned into a race issue from the get go. I DID NOT DO IT!!! IT WAS NOT ME!!!  In my opinion me, myself, and I, think (by the FACTS that I've read) beleive, that Zman PROFILED TM and not racially. Do you beleive he did? Do I really need to go back through the transcripts and write it all back out? You can read them for yourself.  

DS

Edited by DaveS

It's sombody's talking point, but not mine. Granted (no arguement from me) this got tuned into a race issue from the get go. I DID NOT DO IT!!! IT WAS NOT ME!!! In my opinion me, myself, and I, think (by the FACTS that I've read) beleive, that Zman PROFILED TM and not racially. Do you beleive he did? Do I really need to go back through the transcripts and write it all back out? You can read them for yourself.

DS

If Trayvon was indeed profiled by Zimmerman, than IMHO Trayvon was obviously profiled correctly.