Has Zimmerman Waived His Right to a Pre-Trial "Stand-Your-Ground" Hearing?

Guest Law of Self Defense

Indeed.  Like him or not, no one can contest that Dershowitz is a world-class legal mind, and not afraid to speak his mind.

Andrew

@LawSelfDefense

[URL=https://www.facebook.com/pages/Law-of-Self-Defense/176397865719110]Facebook:  Law of Self Defense[/URL]

So you are accusing these two investigators of intentionally lying in a sworn document about what they believed the facts to be?

I don't guess you saw the bail hearing, eh? O'Mara smacked them around pretty good, right there on the TV.

BTW... I believe their statements had been massaged by thunder thighs (Corey).

Edited by mikegideon

What is it with you and this case DaveTN???

For someone who is just "armchair quarterbacking" you certainly seem unusually and steadfastly unwilling to to accept any possibility that Zimmerman might actually be innocent - you seem to take every opportunity presented to paint Zimmerman is as bad a light as possible.

And "investigators" lying...withheld information...incompetence"...surely those aren't foreign concepts to you are they?

It looks to me as if Corey has been far more interested in keeping some people "happy" than she is interested in seeking the truth...I wouldn't be surprised if she and some others on the prosecution side don't wind up like Mike Nifong.

Edited by RobertNashville

So you are accusing these two investigators of intentionally lying in a sworn document about what they believed the facts to be?

If anyone can direct me as to how to set someone to "ignore", I'd greatly appreciate it.   

Andrew

If anyone can direct me as to how to set someone to "ignore", I'd greatly appreciate it.   

Andrew

You can change your personal preferences. Near the upper RIGHT corner, left click on your screename, which will open a dialogue box...look to the right; second from the bottom and select "Manage Ignore Prefs". That will open a new page; near the bottom you can add any member's screename and select what you want to ignore.  Keep in mind; this is not like Facebook where you don't see a "blocked" person at all but you can at least not see posts you don't want to see.

You can change your personal preferences. Near the upper RIGHT corner, left click on your screename, which will open a dialogue box...look to the right; second from the bottom and select "Manage Ignore Prefs". That will open a new page; near the bottom you can add any member's screename and select what you want to ignore.  Keep in mind; this is not like Facebook where you don't see a "blocked" person at all but you can at least not see posts you don't want to see.

I never use that feature. You never know when you may want to stop ignoring for a few seconds and throw a good punch :)

• Like 4

What is it with you and this case DaveTN???

For someone who is just "armchair quarterbacking" you certainly seem unusually and steadfastly unwilling to to accept any possibility that Zimmerman might actually be innocent - you seem to take every opportunity presented to paint Zimmerman is as bad a light as possible.

Why do you care? This is discussion forum on a deadly force issue and I am discussing the case. Do the personal attacks with you never get old? Some of us are discussing the case while you feel the need to address why we have the views we have. These are the hottest threads on this forum right now. I’m sure you would like to see those that have a view other than yours silenced; but I doubt that will happen.

And "investigators" lying...withheld information...incompetence"...surely those aren't foreign concepts to you are they?

Of course not I have seen it happen more than once.

It looks to me as if Corey has been far more interested in keeping some people "happy" than she is interested in seeking the truth...I wouldn't be surprised if she and some others on the prosecution side don't wind up like Mike Nifong.

Remove all statements by all investigators on either side and leave me with Zimmerman’s statements and the 911 call; and my opinions do not change. Do I think Zimmer is guilty of second degree murder? No, I believe his actions were reckless and led to the death of an innocent citizen. I think he is guilty of manslaughter. Does my opinion matter? Nope.

Will you or anyone else get me to put my stamp of approval on Zimmerman murdering Martin? Not unless I see something come out of this trial that leads me to believe Zimmerman was justified in getting out of his truck and chasing that kid down. But none of that matters. Zimmerman will live or die because of his actions on that day; the verdict one way or the other won’t change that.
  • Like 1

Why do you care? This is discussion forum on a deadly force issue and I am discussing the case. Do the personal attacks with you never get old? Some of us are discussing the case while you feel the need to address why we have the views we have. These are the hottest threads on this forum right now. I’m sure you would like to see those that have a view other than yours silenced; but I doubt that will happen.

Of course not I have seen it happen more than once.

Remove all statements by all investigators on either side and leave me with Zimmerman’s statements and the 911 call; and my opinions do not change. Do I think Zimmer is guilty of second degree murder? No, I believe his actions were reckless and led to the death of an innocent citizen. I think he is guilty of manslaughter. Does my opinion matter? Nope.

Will you or anyone else get me to put my stamp of approval on Zimmerman murdering Martin? Not unless I see something come out of this trial that leads me to believe Zimmerman was justified in getting out of his truck and chasing that kid down. But none of that matters. Zimmerman will live or die because of his actions on that day; the verdict one way or the other won’t change that.

There you go "believing" and "chasing" again...other than your desire to make it so, there is ZERO facts to support that Zimmerman "chased" anyone down and calling Martin a "kid" is a stretch; he may have been a kid mentally but that's where the similarity ends.

Once you have to start "believing" or "not believing" something you've clearly left the world of facts behind.

You can change your personal preferences.

I am deeply in your debt.

Andrew

@LawSelfDefense

[URL=https://www.facebook.com/pages/Law-of-Self-Defense/176397865719110]Facebook:  Law of Self Defense[/URL]

I never use that feature. You never know when you may want to stop ignoring for a few seconds and throw a good punch :)

I understand the enjoyment such can bring.  Alas, I just don't have the time or bandwidth to waste on people who choose to ignore reality.

I think it was Ayn Rand who said, "You can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality."

Well, one of those consequences is that I don't have time for such childish people.  That time is far better spent in dialogue with adults who can contribute to a mutually beneficial exchange of ideas.  Not fantasy visions, joyful speculation and "opinions"--good God, I'd pay vastly more for a good quality roll of toilet paper than for a great many of the devoid-of-fact "opinions" some of these supposed adults excrete around the internet--and sadly, particularly around some of the gun forums..  

In any case, whenever I do happen to be interested in pleasant but unintelligent blather from someone who likely as not has pooped their pants, I have a 2-year-old daughter for that kind of thing.  Plus, she'll pour me "tea", and say "Dah-Dah".  Which is more value than I receive from the people who inhabit my ignore list.   :-)

Andrew

@LawSelfDefense

Or at least have a chance to advertise your website by inserting teasers with links to draw people to it. biggrin.gif

If I’m not mistaken our Tennessee attorneys have to be supporting vendors to do that; but I could be mistaken.

So typical these days. If you don't agree with the masses around here something is wrong with you. I won't be saying alot, but I also won't be ignoring anyone because they don't agree with me. This thread will be interesting to read. It only needed one opinion, then everyone else could +1 or say amen.
  • Like 2

So typical these days. If you don't agree with the masses around here something is wrong with you. I won't be saying alot, but I also won't be ignoring anyone because they don't agree with me. This thread will be interesting to read. It only needed one opinion, then everyone else could +1 or say amen.

Link, it's certainly fine to have a different opinion. I have no problem with that. It's the irrational posts and blatant distortion of the facts that gets old. I've said this before, if evidence comes out during the trial that proves Zman is guilty then I won't lose any sleep. But I'm convinced that a few people here wouldn't be convinced of his innocence no matter what evidence may come out in court. It's honestly quite baffling why some of our more rational members are being so irrational during this discussion.

While your posts are very rational, others seem to be letting their emotions get the better of them instead of explaining their opinion rationally with facts. 

• Like 1

It would be a lot shorter thread wouldn’t it? biggrin.gif

Maybe something else will happen to discuss; but for now we are stuck with this.

The "masses"?  Really???

Have you actually made a count or conducted a survey to determine if there is even a plurality of opinion here on TGO regarding Zimmerman's guilt or innocence?

Stuck with it?  I'd say there are any number of threads, probably dozens or many dozens being discussed on TGO for you to spend time in and comment on if you wanted to so I don't see how you are anyone is "stuck" with the topic.

You said in post 3 of this thread...

Get on with the trial; let a jury decide. It's been beat to death here.

And in post 14 you said...

...But, this has been beat to death here, just as it has been everywhere. I just wish they would get the trial over with...

You seem to indicate that you are tired of beating the horse yet you've been beating that horse as much as anyone...if you don't want to read a synopsis of each day's events at the trial no one is going to force you to do so.

Myth Busters: Did Zimmerman "racially profile" Martin?

Hey folks,

First a quick reminder that I'll be providing live, all-day coverage of Day 6 of jury selection for the Zimmerman trial over at [URL=http://www.legalinsurrection.com]Legal Insurrection[/URL]. We'll provide live video streaming, a rolling Twitter feed of selected contributors, real-time posts of breaking events, and of course our wildly popular end-of-day wrap up. *I don't have a link for you until we go live, but we'll start coverage as soon as the Court goes into session, usually right at 9AM.

Now, to the meat of this post: Myth Busters: Did Zimmerman really "racially profile" Trayvon Martin, and was that alleged racial motivation the "depraved mind" element that makes this killing qualify as murder in the second degree?

NBC News produced a version of the recording of Zimmerman's non-emergency call to the police in which he appeared to volunteer, unsolicited, the fact that Martin was black. ([URL=http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/12/06/Zimmerman-Sues-NBC-Over-Malicious_edit]NBC is currently being sued by Zimmerman for this act of malice.[/URL])

Fortunately, you don't have to rely on anyone else's "opinion" on the matter. In my  newest blog post I have placed a copy of both the relevant snippet of that call and a transcript of what was said (for convenience):

[URL=http://lawofselfdefense.com/zimmerman-trial-myth-busters-did-zimmerman-really-racially-profile-martin/#prettyPhoto target=_blank]Myth Busters: Did Zimmerman really “racially profile” Martin?[/URL]

Take a listen/look and see what you think.  Did Zimmerman racially profile Martin? *Based on the facts in evidence, I'd have to say that myth is . . . BUSTED!

Andrew

@LawSelfDefense

[URL=https://www.facebook.com/pages/Law-of-Self-Defense/176397865719110 target=_blank]Facebook: Law of Self Defense[/URL]

Zimmerman Jury Selection:  Day 6--Live streaming, all-day coverage

Hey folks,

Just FYI, Day 6 of jury selection has just kicked into gear.  [URL=http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/06/zimmerman-trial-live-jury-selection-day-6-all-day-coverage/]Our live, all-day coverage can be found at Legal Insurrection here[/URL], if you're interested in following along.

We'll also be doing our usual end-of-day summary of events.  I'll drop a brief note when that's up, for folks who are interested.

Andrew

@LawSelfDefense