Question about the TICS process

If this is in the wrong place I am sorry.

Here is my scenario.  I went to Academy Sports on Thursday to get my sons their first shotguns.  I had called ahead of time and they said they had them.  When I arrive they only have one in stock but have more on the way.  I had my TICS done and purchased the one in stock shotgun and plan to get the other when it arrives.  While I have purchased many guns over the years I have never tried to purchase more than one at a time.  Is the TICS only good on the date it was ran or is there a certain window of time that it is valid?  Thanks

I believe if they had both guns in stock , they can put them both on one form, but once that transaction is complete, its over.  

Exactly right. Can put any number of firearms on one 4473, but when it is submitted, it is closed out.

If two or more handguns are purchased at same time (or within 5 consecutive business days), FFL must file an additional form 3310, but buyer has no input into that and generally doesn't even know about it.

- OS

• Like 2

Background checks run through TICS are good for 30 days. If for some reason you need to come back later and pick up the gun, the dealer can use the background check for up to the 30 days. However if you buy a second gun at a later time ( even the same day ) another background check is required.

Guest 270win

Is that serial number info destroyed in the system or is it retained by TICS?  States that use NICS like Arkansas or Mississippi don't report the serial number to NICS when you buy a gun.  In fact in Arkansas and Mississippi, if you have a concealed handgun license, your info is not even called into NICS.  You just fill out the paperwork and that is it.

There are places for 3 gun purchases on one form. I'm not sure but I believe I've seen some place put 4 on one form.

There are 5 spaces on current 4473, but there's no limit. Directions say to just add additional sheet and attach it if needed.

- OS