Wow, there are some decent deals out there

Major Kong

Whittakers is the best business going. I get to swing in there every now and the when I work up there. <br /><br />It's hard to get through on the phone but if you do, there is a deal on the other end.

Yeah, I just looked at my phone. I got through on my 24th attempt and considered myself lucky. They truly are one of the best out there.

Can you tell me more? I was a Buds fan, but they messed up a couple of time since the panic. There pricing is up now, but not feeling good about going back to them when prices drop.

Whittaker's is in Owensboro, Ky. I believe that they are the largest gun store in Ky. I've found the best way to keep up with their inventory is on Facebook. They post their morning and afternoon releases every day and seem to get all of the best toys. They've put out several PMR-30s in the last week and have ARs up every day at pre-hysteria prices.

• Like 2

+1 for Whittaker's. No offense to our local vendors/shops, but their inventory and customer service is second to none. I follow them on Facebook. They've been allowing customers to line up in the morning for the hot items, and had been doing the same thing at 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm for those who can't stand in line early in the morning. The daughters even opened the phone line(s) the other night at 9:00 pm or 10:00 pm to accommodate their customers. Unlike many shops, they've kept their price pretty damn close to normal. 

They are a few hours away, but it's worth the drive, even if only to check them out. Hell, I think you can spend the gas money and pay for shipping and transfer, and still come out cheaper than what people are asking for around here.  

Edited by TripleDigitRide

For those of you who don't follow them on Facebook, here's their most recent post.

Release update:
Because of the lack of people in line, and ARs not moving as fast as they were, we just put all guns (AR style) that we had left on the shelf for sale on Saturday morning. We are not saying that we will start doing this every day yet, we just need to see how things go. The bad thing about this is that it is VERY hard for us to tell y'all what is left in inventory. 

We will have 22lr, cci stingers $6.99, and some agulia 38g $3.99 per box. Limit 5
9mm there is some 250ct rem umc $105( I THINK)
40cal and 45acp FMJ is getting very slim. Limit one box of FMJ
223/5.56 we have ammo starting at $9.99 and up

Mini 14 the ones posted earlier, we have a good amount.
10/22 Takedowns we have 4 left. We started out with 80. No other store in the county can pull hard to get items in quantities like that!!!

We received a whole lot of product this last we, I lost count of all the pallets of stuff we unloaded. Please come out and see for your self. We appreciate all your support and thanks for following our page.

i was in whittaker's on wednesday of this week for the first time.  my in-laws are in owensboro and had told me about it, but had never gone.  man what a shop!!  they have more stock than i've seen anywhere else.  there had to be 100+ people in there while i was there.  they had two employees that were only running checks.  will make this a regular stop on my trips up there.  this and old hickory bbq.

• 6 months later...

Do they have an online store like Bud's? I was very pleased with my last two transactions with Bud's. Think they'll sell a Ruger MKlll Hunter for less than Bud's?

Best thing to do besides driving to Whittaker's is to follow the on Facebook. They are pretty good about posting their sale guns. I've seen Rugers posted a bunch.

Do they have an online store like Bud's? I was very pleased with my last two transactions with Bud's. Think they'll sell a Ruger MKlll Hunter for less than Bud's?

No, they don't have an online store.  You just have to call them.  Be prepared to try them on the phone many times, they only have one line.  The other option is to send them a message on facebook with your number and they will call you back.  If they have it, it will most likely beats Buds, but they do charge around $25 or $30 for shipping so factor that in.  Like most other places they will charge 2 or 2.5% for credit cards.  No charge for a debit card.  

I was there a few weeks ago and picked up an STI Trojan 9mm.  

Edited by Hozzie