Mark Kelly Got DENIED the AR-15

Guest USCavScout

Guest PapaB

I like how the store is handling it.

He added that the store will return Kelly's money, donate the rifle to the Arizona Tactical Officers Association to be raffled as a fundraiser and make an additional contribution of $1,295 -- the value of the rifle -- to the Eddie Eagle GunSafe Program.

Nicely done.

One important detail:

In light of this fact, I determined that it was in my company’s best interest to terminate this transaction prior to his returning to my store to complete the Federal From 4473 and NICS background check required of Mr. Kelly before he could take possession this firearm.

Looks like Diamondback kept Mr. Kelly from committing a felony.

One important detail:

Looks like Diamondback kept Mr. Kelly from committing a felony.

How so?  The gun store declined to complete the purchase due to what appeared to be the political motivations of Mr. Kelly.  Kelly was not being denied based on any legal prohibition against purchasing a firearm.

How so?  The gun store declined to complete the purchase due to what appeared to be the political motivations of Mr. Kelly.  Kelly was not being denied based on any legal prohibition against purchasing a firearm.

Because they cancelled the sale before he could lie on the 4473...at least it sure looks that way.

Guest RedLights&Sirens
I love that they called him out publicly on their facebook. I dont use thoes social sites at all but this sure makes me happy they exist.
Guest USCavScout

The question still remains, Diamondback says he did NOT complete the FF4473, but if you read Mark Kelly's Facebook page he explains how qucik and EASY if was to fill out the paperwork to buy the firearm. Basicallty he was rubbing it in everyone's face the he had COMPLETED the process and was just waiting for the 20 day wait period to receive the firearm and then turn around and hand over to the police department. I really assume that he LIED about completing the 4473, furthermore he talks that him and his wife had firearms BEFORE his wife was shot, so he KNEW the process and how long it TOOK. Him being a retired Astronaut and a US Navy Captain he was held to a VERY HIGH standard and he destroyed it by making a poltical statement. I applauded Diamondback Police Supply for their desicion on NOT allowing this situation to go any futher.

RIght, but lie about what?  

From ATF Online

The crime committed is knowingly making a false statement on the Form 4473 indicating that the straw purchaser is the actual purchaser, when this is not the case.

Did Mr. Kelly try to buy the rifle for himself, or to turn over to the police? His own statements are contradictory. Any, I'm just asking the question, not answering any more, IANAL.

BTW, does DBS have a shredder?

Edited by ttocswob

Whatever the truth is about the purchase I think Mark Kelly is a liar or a hypocrite. Or both.

Now about this dog story, I could see him at his next press conference touting the virtues of having a dog for protection instead of a gun.

"I got a Bulldog to protect my family. It's much safer than a gun." NOT

Is Mark Kelly going to be the next Joe Biden?

Whatever the truth is about the purchase I think Mark Kelly is a liar or a hypocrite. Or both.

Now about this dog story, I could see him at his next press conference touting the virtues of having a dog for protection instead of a gun.

"I got a Bulldog to protect my family. It's much safer than a gun." NOT

Is Mark Kelly going to be the next Joe Biden?

His next press conference will be they would rather sell the gun to a criminal than me........ book it

• Like 1

It sounds like he bought a pistol, and was going to return to finalize the purchase of the rifle. So there were going to be two separate 4473 and two background checks, because it was two purchases on two separate days.

plausible...

They no doubt lied about the dog attack as well. I have owned dogs since I was 4 years old and I have never had a dog break a leash as they claim happened. What probably did happen is the dog was off the leash, which is against the law, when it attacked the seal. But because they are now the political elite they can lie about anything and everything with impunity.

He is a liar and is doing so for personal gain. Funny how a person can go from a honorable person who served in the military to a POS virtually over night. I can think of a couple of space shuttles I wish he would have been on.

Dolomite

• Like 5