How long before America becomes a police state?

Guest flashlight Dave

Well, after reading the preceeding, I'm more confused? In one sentence, what's your point and/ or stance?

Things will change for the better.  States rights; more liberty, less government..... i hope.

Yeah, im too wordy, it comes with age and not havin enough to do.

Hope this helps.

wordy leroy

Guest nra37922

Things will change for the better.  States rights; more liberty, less government..... i hope.

Yeah, im too wordy, it comes with age and not havin enough to do.

Hope this helps.

wordy leroy

Can you give us the rest of what your smoking and/or drinking?

IMHO, it is going to take a real SHTF event to get this country back to what the founding fathers intended.  Maybe if the right to vote was tied to being off the public teat we would have a chance but it isn't.

IMHO, it is going to take a real SHTF event to get this country back to what the founding fathers intended. Maybe if the right to vote was tied to being off the public teat we would have a chance but it isn't.

Agree ... No one on the federal dole will ever vote against that, it's just comfortable enough NOT to be uncomfortable. And for those that haven't noticed, that number has grown by leaps-and-bounds since O has been in office (I'd say intentionally).

The population will shift from city to city and blue/red may change, but as a whole the population is shifting blue and will eventually outnumber the red (blue kids most likely outnumber red kids). That has been insured by the slow take over of higher and lower (k-12) education, break-up of the nuclear family unit, and aggressive social change on a number of topics (abortion, gay rights, etc.).

IMHO, it is going to take a real SHTF event to get this country back to what the founding fathers intended.  Maybe if the right to vote was tied to being off the public teat we would have a chance but it isn't.

Tried to pass some of it out in the stuff under the first paragraph along with the why.   I think the SHTF thing is goin on now with lots of folks realizin what the gubmt is really up to under the present regieme. 

I understand that some folks aint gonna agree with the analysis, and im ok with that.   I'll end this with a simple question:  Do you know anyone who the government has come for in the middle of the nite without a warrant... ?, What did they do?....   I know Alex jones thinks this is goin on; but im lookin for some local confirmations.  I aint seein any.   I'm just pointin out that folks need to think thru what is goin on.

leroy

Edited by leroy

Home from church and right to the forum ... sounds like me. Haha. Happy Easter.

I fear if the Commies get control in the mid-term we are done. We're probably already done in the long-term, but the rate of decay will increase to the point of where we likely won't recognize the America we live in in 5-10 years.

Only when conservative America is as good as organizing as they are will we have a chance to regain any control of the country. I fear that is our downfall. The conservative lifestyle is such that we don't desire to mass-organize and push social change, and that's exactly what they have done to change America. They have convinced us that trading our freedoms for the security they promise is what we want and need, and the previous generations of America ate it up hook, line, and sinker. Doing so has doomed us freedom loving Americans (those that are still around and understand) to the future we have been handed. I hope and pray that America wakes up soon and is able to salvage what has been left behind.

As much as it pains me, I have to agree with you. Good post!

Forget the tin foil, you'll need aircraft grade aluminum milled to spec. The Gov knows something is coming and they are preparing. They don't relize that they are the ones causing it by their actions.

I agree with this.  I can only speculate that some Think Tank somewhere has predicted or showed evidence to the government of another pending financial melt down or something, and they predict urban uprising on a large scale.  Disarm the populous and arm in military fashion the police.  Provide urban governments with military grade guns, ammo, and vehicles.   Order unheard of peace time amounts of ammo to supply the urban governments and make it impossible for the peasants to have ammo. 

I was prepared for the gun/ammo scare, but I am not prepared for the pending food/water scare that is pending.  We are living in the calm before the storm. 

I noticed y'all are getting a little pudgy around the waist line.  I believe you have a little too much food and can afford to spare some. I vote myself some largess from your stockpile. You have no right to prepare and "hoard" and take away from the common good! How dare you! I want my share of what you have, and I want it now!

Give me, give me, give me! Gim mee!

I noticed y'all are getting a little pudgy around the waist line. I believe you have a little too much food and can afford to spare some. I vote myself some largess from your stockpile. You have no right to prepare and "hoard" and take away from the common good! How dare you! I want my share of what you have, and I want it now!

Give me, give me, give me! Gim mee!

It's not "obesity" ... it's "preparedness"

I thought this was the play from the current playbook of the democrats.  Take from the ones that have something, to give to the ones who don't want to work for it. 

Edited by Runco

I believe this country has already become somewhat of a police state.  No, we don't have secret police kicking down your door to execute you or haul you off to some labor camp because you won't conform to governmental decrees.  However, let's look at what we already have:

1. We have increased militarization of police departments throughout the US.

2. We have proposed gun control measures in numerous states and the federal government.  Don't think for a minute that the AWB losing political steam is a victory for us.  If this was the 2008 House and Senate, Feinstein's bill or something much worse would have passed and would be law.

3. We have more and more people becoming dependent upon the government, which is exactly what they want.  Ask yourself, who is easier to control, the man who needs nothing from the government, or a man who requires government assistance (food stamps, welfare, medicare/medicaid, doesn't pay federal income taxes) in order to get by?

4. We have increased surveillance from UAVs, which soon may be armed.

5. We have the first step, i.e. Obamacare, towards instituting a single payer healthcare system.  What better way to control people than through healthcare.

6. We have unecessary laws (Patriot Act) and agencies like the DHS and TSA.  Who was DHS's number one concern?  It wasn't some jihadi just waiting to have his Allah moment; it was homegrown terrorists, especially former military personnel, and right leaning militias.

7. We have less and less anonymity on the internet with businesses and government tracking what you are doing.

8. We have an EPA that is furthering its stranglehold on businesses and individuals.

9. We have an out of control federal government that will not decrease spending, putting you further in debt.  Then they steal your money and your children's money only to bailout undeserving individuals and corporations.

10. We are seeing a push to change the demographics via immigration (amnesty) which will eventually ensure a single party rule.

I could go on and on with numerous examples.

Granted, this is what at least 50% of the public wants (or at least they think they do).  As long as the average individual has enough money to buy their big screen television, cable, and to go to their favorite restaurant, they will be satiated. I would be willing to wager that if you asked the average Joe which would they rather have, cradle to grave security or complete freedom, they would choose the former.

Anyone who does not think we are becoming a police state is really delusional, or they don't understand what a police state is.  Do I think we will go full blown totalitarianism?  I have no idea, but I will contend that all of the right components are being (or have been) added.  All we need is the right politicians in office and the right catalyst, i.e. financial collapse, domestic terrorism, etc... to set the reaction off, which will quickly turn this nation into something we would have thought improbable.

Just to note, I am not an Alex Jones fan, and I am somewhat allergic to aluminum.  However, I do have eyes, and I can see that what is being set up could possibly have disastrous consequences on our civil liberties and personal freedoms given the right set of circumstances.  Thankfully we still have a few politicians in Washington like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Mike Lee who see the same thing and are fighting against it.  The next couple of elections will decide if this country will be saved or move that much closer to authoritarianism, and eventually crumble like every other empire in history.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

I don't think 50% of the population really wants it, Mav. That 50% is made up of an awful lot of clueless

people who don't care to learn anything more than when their next check will arrive. That's the sad part.

Then there are the ones who will believe anything.

Guest flashlight Dave

One scary thing that I thought of was that future generations will think all of this is normal and they will be happy surrendering their freedoms for alleged  security.I was thinking of that when I read the thread about TN being in the top 5 free states. Ppl in CA may want less freedom. Maybe they are brainwashed that way.