Academy Sports + Ammunition

Guest ThePunisher
I bought a 20 rd box of Independence .556/.223 tonight at Academy and had to show my ID to purchase. Anybody else getting ID'd to buy ammo at Academy? Edited by ThePunisher

As with the Cool Springs location this evening. Monarch brass cased .223 lists at $11.99. In addition to .223/5.56, there was Winchester white box in 7.62x51 + 7.62x54r, Monarch steel cased .308, et al. 

I've never ever had to show my ID to purchase ammo.

At "94" it's no wonder. Although you're actually close to my age in reality.

I've never had to show ID at Walmart or Academy.

At 66, you're surprised? :)

I don't get carded for ammo anywhere either.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

At "94" it's no wonder. Although you're actually close to my age in reality.

At 66, you're surprised? :)

I don't get carded for ammo anywhere either.

- OS

At 66, nothing surprises me any more! :surrender:

• 2 weeks later...

Academy in Cool Springs has 30 + 50 round boxes of 22 LR American Eagle 38 GR CPHP, a few boxes of Winchester White Box 45 ACP 230 FMJ, a plethora of .223/5.56 (American Eagle, Monarch, Independence, etc.), Winchester White Box 7.62x54r, and various loads of target and match grade 7.62x51, ladies and gentlemen.

Academy Sports - Cool Springs

1x 1,000 Bulk pack of Federal 55 GR at $44x

20 + 100 Round Value Packs of Winchester White Box in 40 S&W and .45 ACP 

10 + 20 Round Boxes of Independence 55 GR 5.56

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not him but I was there like Wed and looked right at them and I sure thought those were $11.99 but there, although fuzzy when zoomed in, it looks like $12.99 to me.

Yeah I thought it was 13.99 but we all agree its in that neighborhood. Make me feel better about paying $52 for 100.
Guest ThePunisher
Academy at Rivergate tonight had plenty of American Eagle black box .223 55gr. for $8.99 and 50 gr. Varmint ammo for $12.99 plus Tula .223 and they even had .308 stocked on the ammo shelves near the guns, but still only one box. Edited by ThePunisher
Just an FYI... Sportsman's on Lee Highway had quite a bit of ammo at the front desk about 6PM. I don't know what, because I don't needed any right now. Still NO reloading stuff though....no primers, powder, our boolits. Fine with me though......'cause we got DAVID..!!
  • 1 month later...
Guest Brutnus

Just came back from academy @ hamilton place mall. Got about 5 different 9mm options, 22 lr mini mags and 22 lr mags. Can buy 2 boxes of anything now.

Also they are fully stocked on ARs and most pistols. Thinks are looking good.