What would be a good scope for my FN?

I am looking into buying a scope for my FN .308. I am looking for some suggestions for a good value and a good scope. I want a quality scope but I do not want to break the bank. What do the experts recommend. Thanks

Edited by NRA

i was thinking about that scope a few days ago! glad to see you putting it to good use!

BUT 600!? come on now she will do 1000! just ask graycat72, stop holding her back! :)

I have the weaver 5.5-20 I bought from RWF and was able to make good shots at 600yds with my fnar 308

Edited by RWF

:stunned:  that must be some scope 1000 yards

i was thinking about that scope a few days ago! glad to see you putting it to good use!

BUT 600!? come on now she will do 1000! just as gray cat, stop holding her back! :)

• 2 weeks later...

You might look at the Swift 8X32X50. It's a 1/4 MOA scope It comes with a sun shade and the optics are clear enough to easily see the

X on an FT/R target  at 600 yds. The X is 2 inches at 600 yds. WIth it being a variable scope you can dial out the mirage if you need to.

I really never did that because I wanted to see mirage and I'd just wait until the boils stopped (wind shifts). 

As far as price...  $249 + shipping so it won't break the bank. In fact, I think its the best bang for the buck around, Imho.

http://www.eabco.com/store/rifle-scopes/swift-riflescopes-premier-srp-8-32x50mm-pa-matte/

I used one on my 40X .308 for 4 years then swapped it over to my Rem 700 PSS for a year. Swapped out the PSS and the Scope went

with it. I should have kept it. 

Edited to add..if you plan to shoot 600-1k yds make sure you also buy a 20 MOA rail or Burris Z-Rings with the 20 MOA inserts. Otherwise you 

may not have enough clicks to get that far. 

Hope this helps.

Lp

Edited by Lowpower

I had a Vortex Viper on my SCAR 308, and I really like it.  I moved it to my 300 Win Mag though.  It is a nice scope, but a little pricey coming in around $600.  Take a look at the Nikon Monarch too.  I had one of those on a Rem 700 308 I had, and it worked great.  It had the side focus AO and a BDC reticle. 

i started with a Nikon Buck Master 4.5X14X40 and it wasn't cutting it at 600 yds. At least for these tired old eyes. I paid $300 new and 

ended up selling it to a friend. He stuck it on an AR varment gun and the guts came a part inside the tube when he shot it. I told him I'd

give him his money back but he sent it to Nikon to fix and they ended up replacing it. They have good customer service but I can't afford

that kind of down time when the weather breaks.  That little Nikon worked fine for 300 yds.

The Swift has never given me a problem and it has parallax adjustment on the forward tube. 

Lp