Work sharp knife and tool sharpener review.

Guest sL1k

Guest sL1k
Yes it will. They have a 400 grit belt use it first then they have the fine grit belt that should be the one you use from here on out after getting a good edge with the 400 grit.

I highly recommend you watch their YouTube video before you sharpen.

Mine arrived Friday. I played with an old cheap gerber pocket knife at first. Takes a few strokes to get the movement down but then I was off to the races. Did all the kitchen knives and today my wife knicked herself with a serrated tomato knife. This thing works as advertised for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest sL1k

Everyone still liking their Work Sharp? I'm about to order one, and thought I'd check back one more time to make sure there's been no regrets.

No regrets ! I found out they have belts that you can sharpen ceramic blades with!
Not sure if you remember this zombie slayer spots made, but I bent and nicked the blade up. The work sharp fixed it.

Posted Image
Edited by sL1k
Guest sL1k

Will the sharpener also sharpen serrated portions on the blade?

You have to sharpen the flat side only, it has a guide for that, it will remove the finish though.

I'm like Ernest P Worrell said in "Ernest Saves Christmas" when he delivered the "pison snakes"... "I had one once (...the sharpener...)"..., but, sadly some son of satan stole it out of the front seat of my jeep and cut the door to get in.  By the way, the sharpener works very well.  You will enjoy using it.  Mine cost $70 at Northern tool.

leroy

Guest sL1k

Mine works, and it's fast. I just don't trust myself with it. Ken Onion loves it. I would trust HIM to sharpen any of my knives on it, but he's hard to track down :)

I didn't know he endorsed it too. That's pretty cool. I thought you guys bought it because of my stellar review and reputation lmao.

I have used it to grind and sand with also.
I would toss all my stones but its going to be heavy carrying a generator around just to use this thing if the SHTF.

I didn't know he endorsed it too. That's pretty cool. I thought you guys bought it because of my stellar review and reputation lmao.

I have used it to grind and sand with also.
I would toss all my stones but its going to be heavy carrying a generator around just to use this thing if the SHTF.

I won't get rid of mine. There's a Ken Onion version coming out. I won't get rid of mine. It's still one of the best/fastest ways to get a sharp edge. I just can't get real consistent results, 'cause I'm spastic. I'll use the Edge Pro for my good knives. It's a lot more expensive, and a lot slower. 

When it comes to sharpening everything else, my Worksharp will get lots of use.

I'm saving up for one of these:

http://www.worksharptools.com/wskts/knife-tool-sharpener-%7C-ken-onion-edition/flypage.pbv.tabs.tpl.html

All the features of the original WS but with more options!

Adjustable guides and variable speed are biggies. The regular Worksharp is fast enough to burn your edge if you're not careful. Of course, Ken has the skill to get a perfect edge just free handing on a belt grinder. I won't live long enough to have those skills. If my only choice was a bench stone, I would send all of mine to a service. I even suck with the Spyderco.