10 AM Announcement Due

""The agreement also contains provisions expanding firearms rights, and that concerns gun control supporters. Some restrictions on transporting guns across state lines would be eased, sellers would be shielded from lawsuits if the buyer passed a check but later used a firearm in a crime and gun dealers could conduct business in states where they don't live

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/10/obama-touts-gun-bill-progress-ahead-vote-as-critics-call-bipartisan-deal/#ixzz2Q7bLy2fi""

OK here's the compromise they came up with.

I ain't believing "friends" till I see it. And I'd say "family" is gonna be pretty narrowly defined, too.

- OS

Sure. You doubt most everything :) I can hear the conversation... "if we don't tone it way down, it won't even make it to the floor".

Voting just wrapped up on the Firearms Bill.

60 'aye' votes were needed to move the Firearms bill forward in the Senate.

68/31 in favor of moving forward.

Lots of amendments coming up to be voted on- AWB, mags, Manchin-Toomey, etc.

Edited by superduty

The Feds can ban private gun sales, but it won’t hold up in a court challenge. Private gun sales are controlled by the states, most states won’t accept the Feds stepping in, even states that have strict gun laws.

They can control interstate transactions, and they can control shipping; even intrastate. The “internet” is a new spin. I guess they could try that as interstate commerce.

Dave, did you watch Sen. Brian Kelsey during the Judiciary debate on SB 250?  Our State will absolutely cave to the Feds stepping in, he said that the Supremacy Clause renders even the Bill of Rights subservient to the whim of the feds.  Get real, if the Feds want it, Haslam and crew will line up to suck it down, afraid they might loose their place at the trough.

Voting just wrapped up on the Firearms Bill.

60 'aye' votes were needed to move the Firearms bill forward in the Senate.

68/31 in favor of moving forward.

Lots of amendments coming up to be voted on- AWB, mags, Manchin-Toomey, etc.

Manchin-Toomey IS the bill being considered, all the rest will be amendments.

Dave, did you watch Sen. Brian Kelsey during the Judiciary debate on SB 250?  Our State will absolutely cave to the Feds stepping in, he said that the Supremacy Clause renders even the Bill of Rights subservient to the whim of the feds.  Get real, if the Feds want it, Haslam and crew will line up to suck it down, afraid they might loose their place at the trough.

Unless the state legislature changes the state law; it won’t be up to Haslam and his crew. It will be decided in the courts. But yes, if the state passes laws requiring background checks on private sales I have no doubt it will hold up. Those that want to test it will be arrested and go to trial, just like with any other law.

Unless the state legislature changes the state law; it won’t be up to Haslam and his crew. It will be decided in the courts. But yes, if the state passes laws requiring background checks on private sales I have no doubt it will hold up. Those that want to test it will be arrested and go to trial, just like with any other law.

If Haslam wants it killed or passed with respect to firearms issues, the legislature will concur, that has been proved time and again.  Haslam and Harwell are in concert, (both Liberal Democrats wearing Republican clothing), and they have Ramsey in a choke hold, so they control all caucus funds.  Nothing that displeases them gets out of the legislature.

Vote all they want. Pass what they want. Won't change what I own and what I'm willing to fight to defend.

That's what they want us current owners to think.

Feinstein said herself, her agenda is "to dry up the supply of these weapons over time."

Listen to her say it in this video and many others on YouTube.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/04/11/feinstein_on_assault_weapons_very_attractive_to_people_who_want_to_remedy_a_grievance.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk