Wow, I'm impressed.

Today MidwayUSA had a restock on several lines of .22LR ammo-- various stuff-- HP, subsonic, hi-velocity, etc.

Usually when I get a product notification on .22 from them, it's gone even before I can blink, and if it still shows in stock, it's gone before I can even complete my cart/order.

But not this time.

At least two different products stayed in stock for over 20 minutes. That's real progress. Don't know whether they had an extremely large order come in, or if this week's political chess game made any difference (i doubt it), but for almost ANY reasonably priced .22 to remain in stock at MidwayUSA for more than 3 minutes is almost unheard of these days.

Got lucky this time, but got majorly dinged on shipping since I had to place 3 separate orders to even ensure that my cart wasn't cleared before checkout! I'll sure be glad when regular stores are able to keep .22LR in stock for more than 20 minutes.

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 2

I bought a brick of the Aguila 40gr interceptor and one of the 40 grain match.  Prices were reasonable but shipping (each order has it's own shipping charge as they can not combine shipping with a previous order) was about $30 or 3 cents a round.  Combined about 13 cents a round with shipping isn't that bad though with today's prices and I needed it.

I hope it works with my 22LR Sig conversion kit.  The reviews I could find on both weren't bad.

Edited by golfnfish

They're listing just one or two kinds at a time until they sell out.....then they'll list another kind. I've placed about 6 seperate orders today. Like the op said, I'd rather pay the shipping than buy from a flipper.

Currently they have Colibri and some Aquila match. Better hurry!

I think this is a sign that its getting better. Items are beginning to stay in stock for longer periods of time. At one time 9mm at sportsmanship wasn't lasting 10 min and now it's lasting a day or two. I thnk by June/July it should be fairly easy to get what you need with a little digging and by sept/oct it will be back in the shelves and not behind a counter.

I got two bricks yesterday and should get three today and 500 reloaded 40 cal......midway came though...shipping sucks

Yeah, I got three bricks yesterday and five more are due in today. Perfect timing too because my son has just (finally!!!) found out how much fun shooting a .22 can be! Time to put my new AR 22 build to the test! :)

Oh, and YES, shipping sucks!!! Edited by PackinMama
  • 7 months later...