Couldn't afford it, but...

knox

I bought a new carry gun - the Gen 4 Glock 26 - test fired in March so this baby is "fresh out tha factory".  I wasn't sold on the FDE color, so I came home and slept on it.  Turns out this color is harder to come by than the black, so I told myself if it was still there this morning I would pick it up (Personal Defense Options).  

The good news is that with the gun purchase, I was able to buy 2 boxes of FMJ and 1 box of Hollow Point .9mm  :woohoo:

Here it is.  I have given up on a Shield, so I am very happy with the 26:

0AC90E4F-CD5A-4C7C-832B-D1072DE2670D-108

• Like 5

I like it even more with a little color on the slide lettering:

[url=http://s102.photobucket.com/user/knoxf4i/media/B00ADBF6-7429-4D5A-8D59-796C1A3D877C-10802-0000040F02678B58_zps3f8dc421.jpg.html]B00ADBF6-7429-4D5A-8D59-796C1A3D877C-108[/URL]

• Like 1
I am liking the contrast with the black back strap - they just need another coat of Krylon Fusion satin - I ran out...  The beaver tail might even look better.

Backstrap.jpg
Edited by knox

Don't take this the wrong but sometimes less is more. I might hold up on that blackstrap

No offense taken at all.  We all have our preferences.  I like the way it ties in with the magazine release, base plate, and slide lock. And it's just paint, I can always buy more back straps later.  Cheers!

Edited by knox

Ehh ... gonna agree with g55. IMO looked perfect with just the lettering done.

The cool thing, is that I can just leave the back strap off and it is still all the same color.  No worries.  

The cool thing, is that I can just leave the back strap off and it is still all the same color. No worries.

True that. And it's your gun so enjoy it how you see fit!! I had never seen the lettering filled in like that, I'm a big fan of it though.
Guest Joshua__423

Don't take this the wrong but sometimes less is more. I might hold up on that blackstrap

Are we talking about the color ties or the feel and operation of the gun? I have the medium back strap on my 27 and it felt almost like a different gun for the better. Color is not an issue. I do wanna ask what you used to color in the etching

Are we talking about the color ties or the feel and operation of the gun? I have the medium back strap on my 27 and it felt almost like a different gun for the better. Color is not an issue. I do wanna ask what you used to color in the etching

I used Testors model paint - color is Met. Copper