I've not seen anyone mention this before, so I will.

I've noticed when I wear my IWB Don Hume holster, if I have tighter jeans it is a little uncomfortable. Also I have to loosen my belt a notch. Sometimes I just wear it between my belt and my waistband.

What do some of you do? AND is there a better holster for IWB?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sling

All IWB holsters are going to make your pants fit tighter....

Its because your stuffing something in your pants thats taking up more room.. *no jokes please* :D

People, myself included, will usually just purchase pants a size larger for this reason.

You really do want it as tight as you can. The tighter the belt the closer it'll pull your gun into your body.

By the end of the day i usually have "waist band lines" on my skin from carrying all day.

Edited by sling

Comfortable and successful carry, IWB or OWB, all hinges on having a proper belt and proper holster. You will want a belt that is at least 1 1/4" wide and some what rigid and a holster that has belt tabs spaced evenly apart to allow for a comfortable carry.

With and IWB holster the quality of the leather as well as the quality of the construction will play a huge part of your carry experience. Galco, Don Hume, Bianchi and other "top tier" makers have good holsters but the biggest problem is that they are production like pieces and that leaves you with a thicker holster than needed for IWB. I tried a Gary Brommeland holster several years ago and fell in love with it. Ditched all others and made it my only IWB holster, and wear one every day for every gun.

Edited by jwp
Guest goomba

I wear 5.11 tactical pants all the time. the saving grace about them is that they have elastic in the waist. but no matter what your gonna have to snug up the belt even if you wear standard belt slide style holster. make sure you have a good thick belt to help with the weight. I've got a G&G belt & it helps a lot when you carry a pistol on your hip weather its IWB or OWB.

Guest db99wj

Think of it as a weight management program. Once you get it to fit, you have to maintain your current size or you are going to have to spend more money on cloths! It's cheaper to push that extra large fries away!

Guest db99wj
While that is true... it yet so hard! :shrug:

Aren't they though! Easy as hell to say, but Yummmm, they taste so good, hey look almost lunch time!

I wear 5.11 tactical pants all the time. the saving grace about them is that they have elastic in the waist.

I purchase the expandable-waist slacks exclusively now, for IWB purposes. Almost every retailer carries them, in several styles (pleated front or not, cuffed or not).

Guest justaman30
I've not seen anyone mention this before, so I will.

I've noticed when I wear my IWB Don Hume holster, if I have tighter jeans it is a little uncomfortable. Also I have to loosen my belt a notch. Sometimes I just wear it between my belt and my waistband.

What do some of you do? AND is there a better holster for IWB?

Great link for the bluegrass pickin'!! I am looking for a good IWB holster for a S&W Sigma 9VE. Any suggestions?

I am fairly new to carrying, but the best holster that I have found for IWB wear is the Crossbreed Supertuck. It is a combination of leather and kydek. It retains the gun well and is easy to draw and reholster. Your pants need to be a 1/2 to 1 size bigger than you normally wear for it to be comfortable. I found a Fossil belt at my local Macy's that is 1 1/2 inches wide and fairly thick leather that does a good job of holding everything together and was only $25. The MTAC holster is also a very good and comfortable holster. It and the Crossbreed are very similiar made.

Guest DJBiker
I am fairly new to carrying, but the best holster that I have found for IWB wear is the Crossbreed Supertuck. It is a combination of leather and kydek. It retains the gun well and is easy to draw and reholster.

AMEN on the Crossbreed, Very comfortable, and with the larger leather on the inside against your skin, you don't get a hammer or roll pin in the side. Very comfortable, highly recommended.