Troubling news for the Trayvon Martin camp

Funny that's the only point of the post you can address. Figures though

Have you ever worked in law enforcement?

Dave

What the heck difference does that make in any way? How many times do you need to quote me to compose a post Dave? That's a great little paragraph you wrote above, that had zero to do with what I actually posted, which was you basically calling us racists in case you need a reminder.

But please, carry on explaining that you're a good guy and such (no one ever said you weren't that I recall seeing).

I find it humorous you take offense to being called dude, yet you proceed to call us racist, bro, and home dawg. Dave, shame on you. What's good for the goose... Edited by KKing
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

No use in getting huffy 'bout it. Dave has a point of view and you have one. Isn't that good enough?

Make an argument right and you two might agree on it.

Ain't that nice ROBERTNASHVILLE?

What does "nice" have to do with anything DAVES?

You were the one who implied that there was something wrong with donating to Zimmerman OR that if someone didn't donate to one or the other they "have nothing to complain about"...how nice was that swipe at KKing???

As long as what I said was accurate (and to the best of my knowledge from what has been reported it is accurate) I don't see why "nice" or insinuating that what I said wasn't "nice" has any bearing on anything here.

So you donated to little Trayvon's parents...good for you.

You can donate or not donate to anyone you want but I don't understand why you would donate to the Marting since they didn't need contributions as they are the ones facing prosecution by a government agency with virtually unlimited resources and even if they were, that million-plus dollar payoff they got should take care of them for the rest of their lives (if they have any sense about handling money, anyway).

Edited by RobertNashville

...To say he won't get a fair trial is just a bunch of malarkey being spewed so folks can be secure in their opinion that this is just a huge conspiracy to get whitey.

I hope you are right and he does get a fair trial.

Actually; it IS a conspiracy by Jackson, Sharpton and their ilk to get money...,going after "whitey" is just the mechanism for them to reach their goal of lining their pockets.  ;)

It's all about what I believe in. That's all. I believe Zman murdered an innocent kid, who was doing nothing but walking home. I have been beat to death on this forum from many members here. I still firmly stand by what I believe in. You or anyone else will not change my mind. I personally hope Zman gets off the hook. I also hope he gets sued for millions for "wrongful death" and the dude (cowboy) cop wanna be, will never get to live a normal life. There are "hits' on him and he will always be looking over his shoulder and watching the shadows for the rest of his life. The jury can render a verdict of "innocent" and he'll pay for his stupidity for the rest of his life (how ever long that will last). But I have been attacked time and time again, for what I believe in. Why? So I think the cop wanna be killed an innocent kid. That makes me a bad guy? HAHAHA!!! Far from it home dawg!

Dave

So by your own words he's guilty until proven innocent. You've already made your mind up despite the fact that you nor I know what really happened that night.

You're posts are becoming irrational and childish.

• Like 2

Many statements have been made implying that those of us that think Zimmerman acted reckless and is responsible for Martins death are saying so because of race. I can be color blind to this issue. I can’t get past the fact that Zimmerman bailed out of his truck and started chasing a kid that had done nothing wrong. I don’t care if Martin was kicking his ass; Zimmerman created that situation with his recklessness. Martin could have been scared to death, we don’t know we can’t ask him; Zimmerman killed him.

If someone jumps out and starts running at you and you pull a gun because you are in fear of death or great bodily harm, and they see your gun and pull theirs and kill you; they don’t get to walk free by saying you had a gun and they were justified. They will go to prison for murdering you in an unprovoked attack.

You words always seem to paint Zimmerman as the agressor here...I don't think he was and I absolutely don't think we have any facts that actually show that he was (and apparently the first DA didn't think so either).  Those "facts" about him "jumping out of his truck" and "chasing" this "kid" is your embellished interpretation and is quite different from at least some of the witness accounts of what happened and the un-doctored 911 call.

You also ignore that it appears that Zimmerman was heading back to his vehicle when Martin jumped him...Martin had no justification to assault Zimmerman if Zimmerman was returning to his truck because any "threat" Martin thought Zimmerman presented was OVER if Zimmerman was leaving.

And likely BHO's comments (and who knows what behind the scenes influence) were the tipping point for getting Zim charged period.

- OS

I would bet my cache of .22 LR ammo that an order came from the Big O to prosecute Zimmerman.

• Like 1

So by your own words he's guilty until proven innocent. You've already made your mind up despite the fact that you nor I know what really happened that night.

You're posts are becoming irrational and childish.

guilty until proven innocent is how our legal system works.

My last comment on this and I will leave it like this. I was raised when an Adult asked a question I would stop and answer them, while being polite because it would get back to my parents and I would be disciplined. So even if Zimmerman got out of his vehicle and stopped him, all the kid had to say were he came from, what he was doing in the neighborhood, where he was going and respectful since he was talking to an Adult (which btw, anything after 16, you are pretty much an adult, you know what is right from wrong and should have a clue). 

If you have nothing to hide and haven't done a damn thing, then no flags would get waved, but if you have a history and you think you are sh!t hot and talk smack, guess what, Game on. Same thing happens when you are question by LEOs, be respectful and you get treated with respect, play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Am I saying that's what happened? Nope, since I wasn't there, but from the outcome, kid's past, and how his parents acted, kid was playing stupid games for a while and it caught up with him. Sucks that yes, he's dead, but from his previous choices, he didn't have a bright future, other than being a D-boy, in Jail, or dead. He just accelerated his options. 

BTW, I am a hispanic that grew up in Carol City, which is now Miami Gardens, was there during most of the Miami riots and saw the idiocy that was happening down there.

• Like 2

I'm reposting this since it contains facts that are being overlooked. I've highlighted key points in red.

Here is the link to the unedited 911 call by Zimmerman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L04Vh4do6bY

Key points:

Zimmerman says guy is acting suspicious, like he's on drugs.

Dispatcher (18sec into video) : Is he white, black, or hispanic?

Z: He looks black.

Z: Additional references to the kid. Something's wrong with him.

2:07 "He's running"

2:15: Car door opens.

2:25: Dispatch: Are you following him?

Yes (labored breathing. Wind noise )

We don't need you to do that.  (The dispatcher never tells Z to return to his vehicle.)

2:45 Wind noise stops. Zimmerman's voice returns to normal breathing.

4:12  The call ends. Zimmerman asks responders to call him when they get to the neighborhood, the implication being that he is still going to be looking around. (Note: That's a minute and a half where no chase was being done.)

Here is a map of everything that is known for sure: Zimmerman's truck, the house where Martin was staying, and where the body was found. http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-linehan/evidence-that-trayvon-martin-doubled-back

Here's my take on the map. Zimmerman is neighborhood watch. He has every right to continue to patrol. He has not been told not to continue to patrol. The dispatcher agrees to have the officer call him when he gets to the neighborhood.   Zimmerman is on the phone for 90 seconds after he loses sight of Martin and stops running.

The incident occurred about 100 yards from where Martin was staying.  I

It's obvious that Martin could have gotten home in that time. Yet the incident occurs over a hundred yards away, very close to where the chase stops initially. For some reason, Martin did not go home.

Now, lots of things could have happened, but what's the most logical? The most logical is that Martin doubled back and got the jump on Zimmerman, just as Zimmerman claims.

Other things could have happened, but a jury would have to believe that other thing happened "beyond a reasonable doubt."  I just don't see that happening.

The chase was over at 2:45 into the phone call. Zimmerman talks in a normal voice for another 90 seconds. He obviously wasn't chasing Martin during those 90 seconds. He's talking in complete sentences. Yet the confrontation occurs very close to where the chase stopped.

So... how does this confrontation occur unless Martin comes back?

• Like 2

I'm reposting this since it contains facts that are being overlooked. I've highlighted key points in red.

Here is the link to the unedited 911 call by Zimmerman.

Key points:
Zimmerman says guy is acting suspicious, like he's on drugs.
Dispatcher (18sec into video) : Is he white, black, or hispanic?
Z: He looks black.
Z: Additional references to the kid. Something's wrong with him.
2:07 "He's running"
2:15: Car door opens.
2:25: Dispatch: Are you following him?
Yes (labored breathing. Wind noise )
We don't need you to do that. (The dispatcher never tells Z to return to his vehicle.)
2:45 Wind noise stops. Zimmerman's voice returns to normal breathing.
4:12 The call ends. Zimmerman asks responders to call him when they get to the neighborhood, the implication being that he is still going to be looking around. (Note: That's a minute and a half where no chase was being done.)

Here is a map of everything that is known for sure: Zimmerman's truck, the house where Martin was staying, and where the body was found. http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-linehan/evidence-that-trayvon-martin-doubled-back

Here's my take on the map. Zimmerman is neighborhood watch. He has every right to continue to patrol. He has not been told not to continue to patrol. The dispatcher agrees to have the officer call him when he gets to the neighborhood. Zimmerman is on the phone for 90 seconds after he loses sight of Martin and stops running.

The incident occurred about 100 yards from where Martin was staying. I

It's obvious that Martin could have gotten home in that time. Yet the incident occurs over a hundred yards away, very close to where the chase stops initially. For some reason, Martin did not go home.

Now, lots of things could have happened, but what's the most logical? The most logical is that Martin doubled back and got the jump on Zimmerman, just as Zimmerman claims.

Other things could have happened, but a jury would have to believe that other thing happened "beyond a reasonable doubt." I just don't see that happening.

The chase was over at 2:45 into the phone call. Zimmerman talks in a normal voice for another 90 seconds. He obviously wasn't chasing Martin during those 90 seconds. He's talking in complete sentences. Yet the confrontation occurs very close to where the chase stopped.

So... how does this confrontation occur unless Martin comes back?

Some folks aren't looking at the whole picture. They stopped thinking logically as soon as Zimmerman exited his vehicle.
  • Like 3

Some folks aren't looking at the whole picture. They stopped thinking logically as soon as Zimmerman exited his vehicle.

Yup. This entire ordeal reminds me of the gun control debate. There is a small crowd that continues to react based on emotion. They had their mind made up from day one and refuse to consider any alternative. Meanwhile the rest of us keep looking at the facts before passing judgement.

As you mentioned before, I am sure there is evidence on both side that we don't know about it. If Z man is found guilty I won't shed a tear, but based on what we know right now I doubt that will happen.

• Like 1

[

Actually; it IS a conspiracy by Jackson, Sharpton and their ilk to get money...,going after "whitey" is just the mechanism for them to reach their goal of lining their pockets. ;)

Sure, but they aren't on the jury and they don't work for the State of Florida.
  • Like 2

[

Yup. This entire ordeal reminds me of the gun control debate. There is a small crowd that continues to react based on emotion. They had their mind made up from day one and refuse to consider any alternative. Meanwhile the rest of us keep looking at the facts before passing judgement.

So, if someone has a different opinion they aren't thinking logically? I'm fully prepared to accept that Zimmerman is innocent. I have not seen that from anyone here who believes differently..... yet folks like me are the closed minded ones?
  • Like 3

Sure, but they aren't on the jury and they don't work for the State of Florida.

True but I wouldn't put jury tampering past any of these folks.

Do you think the Pink...I mean Black Panthers would have any problem greasing the skids for a conviction if they got a chance???  Then again, they may just wait to put a cap in Zimmerman after the trial; either in the joint or out. :)

So, if someone has a different opinion they aren't thinking logically? I'm fully prepared to accept that Zimmerman is innocent. I have not seen that from anyone here who believes differently..... yet folks like me are the closed minded ones?

Differences of opinion and differences of opinion doesn't mean either side is being illogical.

However, while I don't think you are, I do think there are people who seem overly willing to overlook any information that doesn't support their opinion which would lead me to think that their opinion is based on "belief" or some kind of emotion and emotion is not logic; it's just emotion!  :)

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Well, if the emotion and politics of race baiting were taken out, there might be more consistency from folks.

Nothing wrong with having a different opinion. It could very well be that someone saw something I didn't.

My opinion is just that: mine. I'd like to think I am fully informed on this or other issues, but I am only a human.

Critcizing one for his opinion is asinine. Having a meeting of the minds is more the appropriate way to solve

a disagreement in a debate where someone can state their evidence, and the opposing view counter it, kind

of like a courtroom proceeding. :D

All I can hope for at this point is that Zimmerman get's a fair & impartial trial, if he does than he will probably walk out of the court room as a free man.

After which I hope that some of my *cough* fellow Americans *cough* can refrain from attacking innocent people based on the color of their skin in some sort of twisted sense of retaliation.

I am very sad to say but the looting of stores & the burning of property has been pretty much gauranteed by the folks who have declared their intent to do so if they do not get a guilty verdict, but I really hope no-one else is injured or killed because of an out-of-control teen thug foolishly & brutally attacked an armed family man.