Heading to Florida

I'm heading to Florida to Pig hunt, fish and rally, and wondered if any of ya'll had any experience "carrying" while there. I've been reading up on it, but I'm sure there are things I don't know. I'm going to Florida via Alabama.

Dave

Thanks for the info. A landowner is having a major problem and we get to hunt them. Cool thing is..hunt them with what you want, when you want and how you want. FREE  Then going to squeeze in some shark and cobia fishing!

Thanks again!

Dave

• Admin Team

Never had gator. Would like to give it a try though! 

Dave

I like to cut a cube-pattern on the tail - about 1 inch squares - almost all the way through.  Cover it with barbecue sauce appropriate for wild game - your choice, and throw it on the grill.

Yummy.

• Admin Team

Fair enough, I guess.  Just don't go ordering them down in Savannah, GA.  When they bring them out with the heads on and the legs still attached, there's no denying that shrimp, despite the fact that they are tasty, really are bugs.

I spent two of the last three winters in Florida. The gun shows were overwhelmingly Modern Sporting Rifles... never seen anything like it. Not a mix of guns like we see here. I carried all the time, mostly pocket carry of a small gun. But, I carry concealed, so as far as I know, no one ever made my firearm. I went by some of the pig hunting areas east of Sebring, but I was towing an RV so I never drove into them.

Don't let your guard down. The only time I've ever had to threaten to use a firearm was in Florida in broad daylight at an I-75 rest area.  Who would have thought it?

Fair enough, I guess.  Just don't go ordering them down in Savannah, GA.  When they bring them out with the heads on and the legs still attached, there's no denying that shrimp, despite the fact that they are tasty, really are bugs.

You need to leave the heads on.

Ya'll are ruining my cravings for see food...

Dave

I'm on the "see food" diet. I see food, I eat it.

Yeah, but crabs are crustaceans. 

So are shrimp and lobster.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest RedLights&Sirens

Never had gator. Would like to give it a try though!

Dave

There was a few crying eyes when Outpost Armory closed their restaurant which served alligator! :)

I never got a chance to try it. :(

Gator is soooo tender and juicy. Im not much for cliches but it really does taste like chicken, for the most part. Actually, Id rather have gator than chicken now that I tried it.

Forgot to say this but have a good trip Dave. I want to try the pig hunt thing some day, especially from a hellicopter.