What was for supper?

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last nigh I had a roast chicken,tater salad,and fries.Came from a little bbq joint in East Ridge.Only cost me 8 bucks,and had enough left over for my after midnight dinner.

The Asian didn't get upset over you feeling her up?She got a sister?:P

The VIP SPA between Rossville and Fort O is still going strong.:cool:

I was feeling a little Italian tonight.

And man did his parents get pissed when they found out what I did to him!

I had another Italian samicish from Domino's.Those things are guud!

Well I had home made chili again. I sure love spicy foods.:cool:

I had to do a double take when I read your post! I said "I dont remember having chili! :P

This may be a strange eating day. Cook's Illustrated sent me, in email, a recipe for Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Just enough different about it to give it a try for lunch. I know that sounds silly, but I'm going to try it with sharp cheddar and a six-cheese Italian blend.

Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Serves 4

In the test kitchen, we like the tang of sharp cheddar tempered by the mild, smoothly melting Monterey Jack.

1 1/3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese

2/3 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese

8 slices hearty white sandwich bread

4 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted

1. Combine cheeses in bowl. Brush top side of each slice of bread with melted butter. Flip 4 slices over, sprinkle with cheese, and compact cheese lightly with hand. Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.

2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Place 2 sandwiches in pan and weight with round cake pan, pressing lightly. Leave cake pan on top and cook until first side is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip sandwiches, press again with cake pan, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining 2 sandwiches.

Cooking For a Crowd:

Grilled cheese sandwiches are best cooked two at a time. If you want to keep the first batch hot, place a baking sheet in the oven and heat the oven to 250 degrees. When the first batch is done, slide the sandwiches onto the hot baking sheet to keep them crisp and warm.

Of course I'm going to have it with a shrimp cocktail on the side and maybe some American fries. :cop:

Looks like a taco salad for supper, if I'm sober enough to fix it.

Speaking of which. I dropped by the liquor store (in Virginia) yesterday for re-supply. As I got out of the car my eye caught a younger lady (~40) that I recognized but have no idea who she is. She saw me and started talking. I think she had had a few beverages earlier herself. She wasn't driving. Guy was at the wheel and another person and dog were in the back seat. She was very friendly.... Asked me if I wanted to get naked with her. I told her that sounded good, but that I needed to get some booze right then. They were all gone when I got back out of the store. :stir:

Had cheeseburgers on the grill last night.

Feeling a little asian so I might get chinese tonight, maybe for lunch!

Didn't get asian for lunch, but I did for dinner. Pei Wei, Shrim Fri Ri. Washed it down with a Yuengling Light Lager....not bad beer. First time I had one of those.

Well, obviously the gods are against me.

My oven's fancy digital temperature sensor died and my toaster oven controls started smoking. Guess I'm down to microwave, gas grill and stove top until I get to the appliance repair store. Guess I can build a fire in the ashtray next or cook over a butane lighter. :rolleyes:

I've started updating my pasta recipes.... Can you survive on cigars and beer?

Tonight...well actually just a few minutes ago,I had an Italian sandwich from Proni's.Not sure if that would be supper,or

breakfast :)

Didn't get asian for lunch, but I did for dinner. Pei Wei, Shrim Fri Ri. Washed it down with a Yuengling Light Lager....not bad beer. First time I had one of those.

crem of som yun guy? :P

Edited by strickj
Tonight...well actually just a few minutes,I had an Italian sandwich from Proni's.Not sure if that would be supper,or breakfast :)

crem of som yun guy? :P

You my friend are a sick, sick individual.....and you owe me a keyboard! laughing021.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing this up from the deep dark hole to add a modified wing sauce recipe. Try this and let me know what you think.

1 stick butter

1 bottle of Franks red hot sauce

1 TBL (yes tablespoon) of cayanne pepper

3 table spoons of honey

Heat and brush on.

I use this on chicken bites my wife fixes for the grandkids, after theirs are done I dip some in the sauce and broil for 3 to 5 min, you can brush some on while it's cooking but this stuff gets hot quick.

• Administrator

Had some leftover "buffalo wing dip" that we made for watching the Titans game earlier. It's pretty good but I think we're going to tweak the recipe some. Here's what we used:

2 (10 OZ.) cans chunk chicken, drained

2 (8 OZ.) packages cream cheese, softened

1 cup Ranch dressing

3/4 cup pepper sauce, (Frank's Red Hot,Texas Pete, whatever you like)

1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese

Heat chicken and hot sauce in a large skillet over medium heat until heated

through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Stir until well blended

and warm. Add grated cheese and heat through. Transfer to casserole dish and

bake in 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes.

I think I would reduce the amount of ranch dressing used to about 1/2 or maybe 3/4 cup and use Texas Pete buffalo wing sauce instead of hot sauce.

It was still pretty tasty.