46% property tax hike in Smyrna TN? Holy S#:T !!

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Sounds like a huge hike, but after reading the article I'd kill for those rates.

A $150,000 home in Smyrna pays $416.06

A $150,000 home in Oak Ridge pays around $850.

That is what no one told me about moving to Oak RIdge and I didn't have the sense to ask.  I just assumed I would be paying City taxes.  What I found out was I have to pay City and County taxes.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

For all you complaining about a property tax hike in Smyrna. Maybe you should consider that property taxes are far steeper in the northern states. A 150K dollar house in IL would be more than 2K dollars in property taxes, especially the closer to Chicago you get. Basically what I'm saying is quit complaining.

• Moderators

For all you complaining about a property tax hike in Smyrna. Maybe you should consider that property taxes are far steeper in the northern states. A 150K dollar house in IL would be more than 2K dollars in property taxes, especially the closer to Chicago you get. Basically what I'm saying is quit complaining.

F that. Those folks up North pay outrageous property taxes because they didn't complain. Folks may not get the government they deserve, but the sure as hell get the one they tolerate. I say keep complaining and fight every bit of increase tooth and nail. Don't let the bastards steal a penny more without a fight.
  • Like 2
He'll even Memphis only wants .36 cents bad as it is ,what's up with that Smerna Wants a 46% percent I see robbery here don't you , and the first vid is correct , why can the city jest do what thay want call them all up and tell them being you and the people are their employer that , we the people are cutting your salary to cover the tax hike and we will also be cutting jobs for the city to help offset what is needed . If you can't run it right we can .and we demand answers to how it got this way and will be holding every one that is responsible for this accountable . If ya cant get the job done right we will find some one that can.

So because someone somewhere else is ok taking a big tax rod ramming up the dung hole means I should be ok with it too? No thank you. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that since the people in Chicago were ok with Obama being President I should quit complaining.

That is what no one told me about moving to Oak RIdge and I didn't have the sense to ask.  I just assumed I would be paying City taxes.  What I found out was I have to pay City and County taxes.

Yup, $850 City, $850 County....Sucks.

Sound advice! Oak Ridge, prepare thy anus and don't forget to tip your rapist.

Oh, i though taxes in Lincoln county were bad. Til i saw the property tax in Tullahoma. Yeesh.  But compared to friends up north and midwest( omaha), we have it pretty good. Tax is theft anyways, taxing you on something you already own is plain thievery. If enough people stop paying, then what can they do?

But pays for schools, police, fire, garbage, etc...  If our kids keep getting low scores compared to the rest of the world, you think we deserve a rebate.

• Like 1
Guest Cazador

The wheel tax will be next on the agenda. Then the real nice one they just passed in Hamblen county is the water run off tax. You pay a tax for the rain that falls on your property. How do you like that? Paying for rain, if that is not the biggest WTF. Who was the wacko that had this idea pop into his brain? Never mind the people that voted for him.

I say raise hell about it and don't accept any tax. Don't roll over and take it up the arse just cuz someone else in another state or county did. That is the big line they pitch...." Hey we are still less than Knox county"

Then the real nice one they just passed in Hamblen county is the water run off tax. You pay a tax for the rain that falls on your property.

Do you have a link for that? I knew they had tried that in some other states, but was unaware that it had happened in Tennessee. Edited by BrasilNuts
Guest 6.8 AR

One of the states up nawth has a tax on the size of the concrete or asphalt driveway you have, businesses being

exempt. You can thank a liberal tree hugger/spiker for that. There's no tax they don't like.

Sounds like a huge hike, but after reading the article I'd kill for those rates.

A $150,000 home in Smyrna pays $416.06

A $150,000 home in Oak Ridge pays around $850.

But you guys are in a downward spiral in Oak Ridge. Someone in that fair city needs a chainsaw for the cameras,

and brainwave transformation for those liberals doing this silliness.

Not that Clarksville doesn't have it's share of taxing... :D