NEED AK47/74 GUNSMITH

I am in a need of some professional help, i have a AK74 with a messed up ejector - it want eject at all - i think its to short.

i need someone who can weld on a piece and re-size it again.  I was told Troy at IN RANGE is great but they are not doing any repairs anymore !!!

anyone else i can reach out?

thanks.

Explain "not ejecting at all".

It it remaining on the bolt face?
Is it falling off the bolt face and just staying inside the receiver?

it remains in the bolt face as straight as it comes out of the chamber.

So its not turning the bolt at all on rearward travel?

the bolt is turning and the ejector passes trough that notch on the bolt but it looks like its not touching the casing at all or maybe barely but it does not make any difference.

Did the new mags help in getting the bolt to strip the rounds out of the magazine?

If its not ejecting then you may want to leverage Waffen Works warranty service. This is the first I've ever heard of an ak not working right

the mags helped a little but its still happening - something must be off with this one to many things are wrong, I have sent an email to the president of Waffen Werks this morning and he replied to me few hours later - said that there are going to send me a UPS code and ship the rifle for free to them to get it fixed - i was pleasantly surprised when i saw the response so quick and being that its Saturday. That is some great customer service by far. 

• Like 1
Glad they are quick to respond - clearly something is not right with the way the installed the rails in the receiver. Probably off a couple hundredths - enough to not eject properly or strip rounds but not so much that the natural "slop" in the ak prevents it from functioning

Anyone has experience shipping a firearm to a manufacturer - once i recive the UPS call tag  from WW what do i do - can i have UPS pickup a rifle from my place or do i have to go to the main UPS facility in Nashville and send it like that - i heard somewhere that UPS drivers are not allowed to pickup firearms anymore - everything has to be taken to their main facility.

so if anyone has done it let me know.

thanks.

Anyone has experience shipping a firearm to a manufacturer - once i recive the UPS call tag  from WW what do i do - can i have UPS pickup a rifle from my place or do i have to go to the main UPS facility in Nashville and send it like that - i heard somewhere that UPS drivers are not allowed to pickup firearms anymore - everything has to be taken to their main facility.

so if anyone has done it let me know.

thanks.

If you have pre-paid label, pack it up and drop it on counter at UPS store, say thanks, and leave.  I've never had one ask any questions at all, except whether you wanted a receipt.

I don't believe you can schedule UPS pickup without an account.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

If you have pre-paid label, pack it up and drop it on counter at UPS store, say thanks, and leave.  I've never had one ask any questions at all, except whether you wanted a receipt.

I don't believe you can schedule UPS pickup without an account.

- OS

This. OS knows his UPS stuff ;) I've shipped more than a few long guns this way and never had an issue. Handguns are different but long guns are much easier.

This. OS knows his UPS stuff ;) I've shipped more than a few long guns this way and never had an issue. Handguns are different but long guns are much easier.

I could be wrong about the pickup (and not sure it's free even with account), but I have sent several guns, both long and one handgun, through UPS stores with my own pre-printed label from my account and with call tag from factory. I have never been asked what's in a package, not only the gun shipments but any of the many other shipments I've done this way.

As long as going to a licensee, you don't have to notify as per federal law, and I personally have not worried about UPS policy regarding where to drop it, worst case I'd say "huh?". Note, that I did send the handgun with cheapest version of overnight to comply with that part of their TOS, as if it gets lost they'd likely deny claim if you tried to actually fudge them out of bucks.

If you have to pay at counter, you go through a  whole nother drill.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Just got my Call tag (prepaid label) for UPS from Waffen Werks today - now i need to find a nice box to ship it in and off she goes - great customer service from Waffen so far - another question in my hunt for a box - i have a Plastic rifle box that i recieved when i ordered my SIG 516 from Budsgunshop a year ago - would it be ok to use that to ship it in?

Edited by Sonny
  • 3 weeks later...