CZ-82 Acquired!

I had made a post awhile back on some C&R handgun suggestions and the CZ-82 popped up several times as a suggestion. Well, many many moons later, AIM Surplus finally got some in so I ordered one. I'm going to guess prices on these have gone up with time and the insanity as I paid about $300 after all was said and done.

It doesn't look to be in too bad a shape either. It has scratching, dings, and such, but nothing really all that bad. To be honest, the worst part of the whole gun is the import mark. It's like slapping a giant billboard on the side of it. They always seem barely noticeable to me on rifles, not so much here on a pistol. 

Well my biggest challenge now will be finding some ammo to give it a go! It feels really great in the hand and I can't wait to put a few rounds down range.  :D The only thing I found awkward about it was the magazine release button requires me to completely shift my grip to use it. It's nice that the gun is ambidextrous, I can use my index finger to pop the release on the other side. 

CZ82%2070613.jpg

CZ82%2070613%202.jpg

I still need to get a Nagant revolver sometime. Maybe that will be next. 

The CZ82 is a fine weapon. I've had one for a long time and it only started to fail me when it needed a spring change. New springs and it has been flawless since. Good find and still worth it at today's prices.

The only downside to the 82 is the less than stellar factory finish. I used mine as my first Duracoat project to solve that problem.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

great guns i just wish i had bought another one and more surpluss ammo when it was cheaper.the last i bought from aim was brown bear for around $8 a box

If I can remember that far back, I think I paid around $180 shipped for my first one. That was back when these $8 boxes of Brown Bear were everywhere. The Silver Bear was a nice deal at $10-11/box too for hollow points.

Nowadays, I had to start reloading my own to keep from paying $16-18 plus shipping for a box...that is, IF I can find them.
Over at the CZFirearms.us forum there's a CZ 82/83 club that's worth checking out.

I learned a lot about my CZ 82 from there...like what part(s) are no longer in production and where to find them while you can.
  • Like 1