77 people shot in Chicago?

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

I was reading an article about Syria and 54 people being killed this weekend and read a comment by someone who claimed to be a gun owner from Chicago. The comment was "Funny how we are all over 54 people shot in Syria but not a mention of the 77 people shot in the People's Republic of Chicago during the same time period". I had been thinking about that and tonight looked to see if that were true (77 people shot in two days), I didnt find anything, but dont doubt it because I remembered the 7 people killed in one weekend a few weeks ago. Well it turnes out it wasnt just 7 people killed. The weekend of June 15-16 (think those are the dates) when 7 people were killed, 44 people were shot. But thats not even why I am posting this, I am posting because of the comment from a Chicago Police Spokesman when questioned about it. Here is the comment:

"There's going to be good days, and there's going to be bad days, which is why we've been calling this progress, not victory," said Collins, noting that overall crime is down that city has its lowest homicide rate in years."

If 44 people being shot in two days in an U.S. City is considered progress, all I can say is WOW, I think Ill avoid Chicago at all costs

And get this "VICE found the number of murders from 2003 to 2011 in Chicago was only about 200 less than in Iraq during the same period of time."

Full article.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/bloody-weekend-46-people-shot-7-dead-chicago

Edited by TankerHC
Guest Bonedaddy

Seems like the further North ya go, the farther ya hafta get away from people or, soon, you start thinkin' of fillin' your freezer with'm or, at the very least, strangle a few. Put a weapon in the mix and the merriment begins.

IL is set to let citizens carry. It will be interesting to see if the shootings decrease in Chicago if this happens. 

The governor is doing all he can to supplant, dilute, obfuscate, or delay (whatever his office will allow him to do) to keep the average law abiding citizen from being able to have or carry a weapon, seems to be status quo for that ilk.

I watched a documentary on Netflix not long ago about gang violence in Chicago. The gang members affectionately termed the city, "Chiraq" for this reason ... the same (if not frequently more) people die there on average than our soldiers in the Middle East. They ask consider an active gang war zone.

I was reading an article about Syria and 54 people being killed this weekend and read a comment by someone who claimed to be a gun owner from Chicago. The comment was "Funny how we are all over 54 people shot in Syria but not a mention of the 77 people shot in the People's Republic of Chicago during the same time period". I had been thinking about that and tonight looked to see if that were true (77 people shot in two days), I didnt find anything, but dont doubt it because I remembered the 7 people killed in one weekend a few weeks ago. Well it turnes out it wasnt just 7 people killed. The weekend of June 15-16 (think those are the dates) when 7 people were killed, 44 people were shot. But thats not even why I am posting this, I am posting because of the comment from a Chicago Police Spokesman when questioned about it. Here is the comment:

"There's going to be good days, and there's going to be bad days, which is why we've been calling this progress, not victory," said Collins, noting that overall crime is down that city has its lowest homicide rate in years."

If 44 people being shot in two days in an U.S. City is considered progress, all I can say is WOW, I think Ill avoid Chicago at all costs

And get this "VICE found the number of murders from 2003 to 2011 in Chicago was only about 200 less than in Iraq during the same period of time."

Full article.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/bloody-weekend-46-people-shot-7-dead-chicago

Geee...............

How can that be?

Chicago has the toughest anti gun laws in the country.

What a bunch of fools.

Guest ThePunisher
I bet it won't be long before lots of citizens of Chicago start legal concealed carry and lots of bad guys get a surprise bullet up there a..

I bet it won't be long before lots of citizens of Chicago start legal concealed carry and lots of bad guys get a surprise bullet up there a..

I will celebrate every one of them too!

My guess is if this happens will have another Trayvon/Zimmerman type case every week or so. Also, I bet the Rham-E types will land on the side of the thugs for this type of thing and prosecute CC people as aggressively as possible.
  • Like 1

My guess is if this happens will have another Trayvon/Zimmerman type case every week or so. Also, I bet the Rham-E types will land on the side of the thugs for this type of thing and prosecute CC people as aggressively as possible.

We have all seen so much going on against law abiding citizens, that we are almost certain this will happen. But damn, the good guys aren't left many choices anymore, protect yourself and be called a bad guy, or be a victim so you don't hurt or kill the real bad guy. All the while, the real bad guys are never named or brought up in the conversation. Bad, bad days ahead for us.

Hard to believe there's many black gang members even left in Chicago. Seems like there would have to be a break in the action at some point until the pool comes of age to crank it back up.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

What is so crazy is 71 shootings in one w/e and 2-3 arrests Hmmm. Do we need to do some training on catching these guys. Or Do we need to arm the good guys and it will get bloody for a minute but then all will calm down and this nonsense will stop. Awww i forgot, no one carries a gun in Chicago.

• Like 1

What is so crazy is 71 shootings in one w/e and 2-3 arrests Hmmm. Do we need to do some training on catching these guys. Or Do we need to arm the good guys and it will get bloody for a minute but then all will calm down and this nonsense will stop. Awww i forgot, no one carries a gun in Chicago.

Indianapolis is also experiencing a rash of shootings, another dead body was found at 42nd & Post this morning, which is the area of Indianapolis that I grew up in, drove through there a couple years ago when I stopped in town to visit, that whole east-side of the city is 3rd world'ish now.
Guest TankerHC

One of the things, that I read in a news article from the Tribune, during these shooting, an 8 year old, a 7 year old and a 4 year old were shot.

I thought there argument was "for the children".

Guest ThePunisher

Why all the hate for Chicago over murders? Memphis has a higher murder rate than Chicago.

Can't love a city that wrote the book on voter fraud, and the home of the commie- in- chief community organizer, and the rest of America haters.