Rifle range close to Nashville?

willis68

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The State range on Hobson Pike goes out to 200 yards, is covered and a nice safe place to shoot.

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/stoneshunted.html

I think this is the closest one.

Gallatin Gun Club has some 100,200 and 300 ranges, but I don't think they'll let you shoot there without being a member. And becoming a member at GCC doesn't seem like an easy task.

Other than that, Owl Hollow and Hobson Pike are probably the closest. Once I get my AR finished, I'll be right behind ya.

Gallatin Gun Club has some 100,200 and 300 ranges, but I don't think they'll let you shoot there without being a member. And becoming a member at GCC doesn't seem like an easy task. .

They will let a non member shoot if you are a guest of a member, but only twice a year, or in a paid match like IDPA, Military match, Trap or Benchrest.

There is a military shoot this weekend at the Gallatin Gun Club and since this a paid match a non member can shoot in it. AR 's are allowed in this match.

http://www.gallatingun.com/MilMatch.asp

They will let a non member shoot if you are a guest of a member, but only twice a year, or in a paid match like IDPA, Military match, Trap or Benchrest.

There is a military shoot this weekend at the Gallatin Gun Club and since this a paid match a non member can shoot in it. AR 's are allowed in this match.

http://www.gallatingun.com/MilMatch.asp

Yea, but I'd like to become a member. It's the closest club/range to my home, but their website always claims that membership is full.

Owl Hollow only goes to 100 yards.

Yep. And they're every bit of an hour away from my home.

I talked to someone who's been attending the matches at the Gallatin Gun Club. He's saying that GGC does infact have several (roughly 80+), but they're only allowing those to join who "know someone already on the inside".

This is somewhat understandable, but it really sucks for those of us who don't have a lot of time to meet and get in good with current members.

TWRA range on Hobson is ok. Its clean, etc and all that but the RSO's are freaking Nazi's. Some of them get sooo pissed for picking up brass that isnt your own. Specifically this one shady lookin guy that wears shorts and aviators all the time. The F*$%*@ will stand behind you while you're shooting and critique you and what not and hates it when you pick up someones brass EVEN if they said you could have it...:screwy: Before i go i always call the ranger that i know whether he's there or not. If he is, i go somewhere else.

Here is one that is around 30 miles away.

http://tncustomgunsmithing.com/index.html I haven't been yet myself, but plan on going soon. I think they go out to 250-300.

Definately check them out. I looked up this link, and e-mailed a few questions about the range. he does have 200 and 300 yard rifle ranges. The prices are very nice, and his response back on my e-mails was very quick. I'd say definately worth checking out.

Not too far from Hendersonville either.....