Where can I get a QUALITY leather jacket?

Any of you fellow bikers know where I can get a quality made riding jacket? I bought a basic leather one from leatherup.com but for some odd reason it itches my arms right where my elbow bends. It was made in Pakistan so maybe I am allergic to something they use over there???? I don't want to spend $500 but will spend a fair amount for quality.

If I can't find one that works I may have to switch to textile. I have heard leather is better in a fall though. Thanks.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

*shrug* lots of options on the market, I can't recall the brand of my jacket but it's leather w/kevlar armor sewn inside it, vented front & back, has kidney belt built in, zip in/out thinsulate liner, etc.

I love the jacket but it is heavy, easily 20lbs (no exaggeration) and it wasn't cheap, albiet it has held up extremely well for over a decade of use, I'll check the tag on it later and get the brand 4 you iffin you are looking for something along those lines.

Yeah please do. I am mainly looking for a fall/winter/cooler weather jacket. I am planning on buying a textile mesh jacket this weekend for summer riding. These 95 degree days just don't jive with full leather. I am also going to have to get used to wearing a  full face again haha. I just had a change of heart while riding the other day and realized if/when I do go down my body would get pretty torn up with no protection. I.m too young to (hopefully) live with that for the rest of my life.

Check newenough.com
They sell mostly last year's motorcycle riding gear at deep discounts. I've ordered a good bit from them when I used to ride.
Edit just found they changed names to motorcyclegear.com
Edited by sL1k

If there's a Cycle Gear near you, they have some good stuff that you can try on.  Otherwise, a big bike dealership should have some stuff to try and get an idea of what size you need. 

Perforated leather with a removeable windproof liner is the best option.  Generally, you get what you pay for.  Cheap leathers will be ... cheap. 

I also recommend the web site formerly known as newenough.  I've bought several things from them over the years.  Otherwise there's tons of online options.

Get some real riding boots and gloves while you're at it.  I put a pretty high value on the continued use of my hands and feet. 

I got all of my tidbits from ironpony.com

They have a closeout section that sells all brand new stuff, but usually last year's models that are the same as the current ones as far as functionality is concerned, just a different design or maybe color scheme, and usually for substantially less.  We went to their store once in Ohio and that is like a biker's Disney World.... half of that massive box was nothing but on-sale and closeout gear/equipment and the other half was brand new stuff.

Don't ever walk into the store though unless you have an extra $1k to blow cause you'll come out of there broke as hell.

Am 100% against textile, and to be honest with you, I wouldn't ever get back on a bike with just a jacket on anyways.  Leather suit and boots saved my life and my legs, you don't get any second chances when it comes to that stuff, as the saying goes "dress to slide, not to ride"

Edited by Sam1