Today's Urban Adventure - Corpses and Berries

So I guess you're now a certified "passer-by" - and bonus points for going back for the berrial.

"Berrial", ouch. :)

I even lost my cred as "passer-by" or "walker" in one blub, says "officers found the body". :)

'Course, reporting being what it is -- I keep seeing "near intersection of Dale Avenue and "Cowen Rd" or "Cowen St." in the news blurbs. There's no "Cowen" road/street around there, or any street similar to that name; indeed there's not a Cowen anything in all of Knoxville that I can find.

Anyway, no updates. First stories called him "homeless", but since they still haven't identified the body, not real sure how certain that call is. After all, one officer there seems maybe to have assumed I was "homeless" myself!

It seemed to be an unlikely place for a feller to drop dead, homeless or not. Wide open field, no shelter. Don't see why he would have wandered 15-20 feet off the road if had had a heart attack or something while walking. His body was aligned facing away from the road toward the open part of the field that is bounded by railroad tracks some 150 yards away. There are several small hobo sleeping spots in the area, but they are all under viaducts, and no reason to cross that field to get to or from any of them.

Also, body position didn't indicate a fall to me, laying on side, arms in sort of sleeping position next to head, legs stretched out together also in position of repose. Also, he had no baggage, no pack, bag, whatever.

Probably grasping at amateur forensic straws, though.  Maybe just a load of lethal Sterno or something, staggered that far to lay down to pass out, or maybe he croaked naturally nearby and was carried and placed there, so the other bums wouldn't have to deal with the cops and they kept his few possessions, who knows.

I'd just sort of like to see a name and cause of death reported somewhere to tie up the story.

Incidentally, I see where a man was found shot to death yesterday less than a mile away from one of my normal trekking grounds, carrying groceries home from a Food City I sometimes frequent on foot. He was found in a city park trail in Western Heights. I have often carried groceries home from that store, going in the opposite direction, though, and often do same from Kroger using a greenway, although this is over on "my" side town 3.5 miles from there.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Ah thanks. Had been doing a search now and then, beginning to think wouldn't ever hear.

Seems society will will be able to struggle on without Mr. Trigg. Still no exact cause of death mentioned, sounds like bad Sterno or something might have been a good guess.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

You have to wonder if those berries were so healthy because they were getting good 'fertilizer'.

Corpse area and berry area are about a mile apart. Berry area only gets car exhaust and possible chemical contamination, you know, the standard stuff we consume. :)

- OS

that has made killer stuff for 75 years or whatever. But, and not meaning to be flippant about any enviro risk with anything, when you get to be my age after growing up playing with mercury and carbon tet, getting noxious stuff all over you, a few teaspoons of which would kill the biggest hardwood in the forest, and etc, you tend to not worry much about minor stuff like the berries.

That's what Tigg said just before he kicked the calendar :slap:

Edited by strickj