Frontier Firearms - Harriman - How long for Gunmall.biz order?

Frontier Firearms in Harriman, TN recently expanded its handgun and long gun inventory by tying into two regional online ditsribution networks. I ordered a P226 through tie-in online distributor "gunmall.biz" for pick-up at Frontier's brick and mortor store. The question is, how long is a reasonable wait for handgun to arrive? I ordered and pre-paid July 6 and July 16 sent email inquiry for order status. Response was, it's on its way. Not very definitive. Anyone had experience with gunmall.biz or Frontier's online ordering program?  If so, what has been your experience with order to pick-up lag time? The wider inventory network is a good idea - but only if it is efficient. These are bigger ticket items, paid in advance. I guess I've been spoiled by eBay and Amazon, but have grown accustomed to receiving ammunition, parts and just about anything else I order online within 7 days, max. Heck, if it's instock, Midwayusa orders sometimes arrive the next working day. I haven't a clue how they do that.

I don't understand the relationship between the two.

Frontier Firearms IS gunmall.biz -- at least the domain name belongs to them, registered just short of a year ago:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools#whois|type=domain&&value=gunmall.biz

Not that they're trying to keep it secret as says "Thank you for visiting Frontier Firearms / GunMall.Biz !" on the website also.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Oh Shoot:

Here's the skinny straight from the Frontier website:

"At Frontier Firearms we don't pretend all of the firearms, ammunition, and shooting accessories shown at our online stores belong to us.  The truth is that our online gun stores tap into the huge inventories of our wholesaler network displaying their incredible selections only at much lower prices that we can offer in our Kingston store.  We do this because we hate losing sales to out-of-state-internet-only dealers.  We are able to do this because we don't have our money tied up. Our online stores display products from four sporting goods and firearms wholesalers. GunMall.Biz shows Elliott Brothers, Sports South, and RSR while Gun Genie shows Davidson's." 

As you noted, Frontier owns the gunmall.biz URL and three participating "wholesale" suppliers post inventory. This is a great plan as long as handgun moving from

a -----> b -----> c doesn't take forever.

Oh Shoot:

Here's the skinny straight from the Frontier website:

Gotcha. I guess that's all well and good,  but it's really a drop shipping enterprise,  even though the "drop shipping" is to Frontier only. Which works okay, assuming the inventory is actually in stock at those participating distributors when ordered.

- OS

Guest HarpethArms
They have been trying to get my business for the last couple if months now. It seems too sketchy for me. It's called "national firearms dealer network". They tell you how much more you will sell online due to the distributors inventory and your own internal website. I'm glad I read this thread. Sealed the deal for me. Why pay someone a monthly fee to give you a bad rap.
  • Moderators
The distributors listed usually take 2-3 business days to have the item in the store as long as item is in stock @ warehouse. If the item is ordered early enough in the day, sometimes it will make it next business day.

The distributors listed usually take 2-3 business days to have the item in the store as long as item is in stock @ warehouse. If the item is ordered early enough in the day, sometimes it will make it next business day.

Prob is ya never know if you can trust an unfamiliar site's online store to be accurate real time inventory.  OP is ten days out already.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Moderators

Prob is ya never know if you can trust an unfamiliar site's online store to be accurate real time inventory. OP is ten days out already.

- OS

That's the rub, and what you can never be sure of. Another thing to take into account is that higher volume dealers will get priority on those shipments as well.

Looks like their site gunmall.biz is pretty much a mirror of nfdnetwork.com

So you might want to figure out who to call and ask where it is?

I'd start with FF and then move to NFD if I had to....

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: NFDNETWORK.COM
Created on: 28-Dec-11
Expires on: 28-Dec-17
Last Updated on: 12-Dec-12

Registrant:
zipperSNAP

PO Box 60207
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80960
United States

• Like 1

This may be delayed for quite a while. P22622LR Classic likely is shipping to FF from RSR Group (large distributor). Looking at the RSR Group online catalogue, pretty much the entire Sig line is shown as available as well as 22LR ammo in various loads. I know that all these items can't be in stock. I may be looking at a factory order delay. I'll call FF today and try to verify status. If the hangun is coming from factory, it might be months before I take possession. Would be best to cancel and get refund and shop elsewhere.

Update -- Brant with FF contacted me and advised he had a household accident and missed about a week of work. Orders dropped into crack while he was out. In the end, because of lack of communication, I cancelled order and purchased from another dealer. Communication. Communication. Communication. Most people would give a dealer a few more days if they were told what was going on.

• Like 1

Update -- Brant with FF contacted me and advised he had a household accident and missed about a week of work. Orders dropped into crack while he was out. In the end, because of lack of communication, I cancelled order and purchased from another dealer. Communication. Communication. Communication. Most people would give a dealer a few more days if they were told what was going on.

Buisness shouldnt halt because one member of the store had an accident.  I dont blame you for canceling.  I had my doubts as to who, if anyone, actually had the gun you ordered in-stock. 

• Like 1

Buisness shouldnt halt because one member of the store had an accident.  I dont blame you for canceling.  I had my doubts as to who, if anyone, actually had the gun you ordered in-stock. 

This.

BTW good looking site on the surface.

Laughing here. Now the clock is ticking on Osage County. They promised to ship w/ expedited delivery Friday. Then today advised tracking will come this afternoon. No tracking so far. I am beginning to wonder if a P226 22LR with E2 grip (to go with 9mm conversion kit) even exists. I'm ready when they are. BTW - this all started because I found a 9mm conversion kit, NIB on eBay from an individual in Calif. who hated the Calif. stupid warning engraved on the slide top and did a catch and release without a shot fired. It is engraved "loaded when up." That was fine by me as it also came with night sights and was a heck of a deal for something that essentially can't be found anywhere. That item was shipped across the country and was in my mailbox within 72 hrs of order. I am eager for an E2 frame to mount it and I will have one of the great values of the year..

Edited by Vistar