advice needed

Guest Jerm4786

I have a Glock 26 and a Nano.  I carry the 26 in an OWB holster when I can cover it up, and pocket or IWB carry the Nano when I need something slimmer/smaller/smoother.

I like the Nano a lot - nothing wrong with my trigger.

"wrong" is the wrong word :) 

The  nano works fine, and I kept mine because it is very left hand friendly and reliable.  Its an inexpensive, well made, tiny, decent platform. 

But the trigger pull on mine is so long and heavy that I could empty my sig 938 and reload it in the same time I could fire the nano 3 times.  Its so heavy you can lift the gun by the trigger and the trigger does not budge --- and I suspect you could do that if you replaced the mag with a lead ingot.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summer carry for me is either my G26 or G27 in a Crossbreed holster or if it's a t and shorts I have my Sig P238 in a pocket.

^^this^^ I carry the 26 the same way year around. Crossbreed works well with anything you can put a belt on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If your used to carrying a 1911 (I assume you carry it in the cocked-an-lock) I would stick with that style of gun, nothing wrong with all the suggestions that everyone gave you on the Glocks ,Nanos,ect.... I carry a full size 1911 almost everyday I use a IWB. Holster and it works for me. I used to switch my carry guns up from one brand to another (I had a H&K P2000sk in 357sig.and a Glock in the same caliber) my problem was trying to train myself to remember to flip the thumb safety off my 1911 once I switched back to it during practice one day I drew my 1911 and pulled the trigger and nothing two more tries and I realized it's not like my H&K or Glock, so I sold those two and retrained myself back to the 1911 platform, now don't bash me for doing that they were both super guns and never let me down I just prefer the 1911 handguns. This being said look for a smaller Colt or a Lightweight Frame style 1911 if you carry this type every day that way if God forbid you ever need it to defend your self or family you will know how to work it from muscle memory and not be looking for the thumb safety to flip off or pull the trigger and nothing. Remember no matter what you carry you need to practice, and practice some more.

Guest Jerm4786
That's good advice and a good point. The xds is the first striker fired pistol i've liked, the trigger feels really close to single action. I may actually trade the 1911 for an xdm, that or give to the wife since she says i can't get rid of it. Edited by Jerm4786

My daily is a Springfield EMP 9 and it'll fit in the larger cargo pocket of most of my shorts. I will sometimes use my wife's Sig P238 which just about disappears in a pocket. I imagine the same would be true for its brother Sig P938 (which I might get someday). As others have said, the Sig P238/P938 is a 1911 based platform so no need to change habits.