Absolute Cheapest Gun Prices!

Guest jps37033

Guest jps37033

I have looked and looked, and have found the cheapest prices anywhere i think.

budsgunshop.com

Their prices even include shipping. They have even beat most every used gun price i have found. And from what I read from reviews, their customer service and delivery time is excellent.

When I figure in that my FFL dealer here doesnt charge a fee, and they include shipping in their prices, It cant be beat.

For Example -

Bersa 380 SS/Black - New - $260 delivered

M&P 9mm - New $425 delivered

Glocks - less than $499 new and delivered

and the list goes on!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

You are fortunate to have a local FFL that doesn't charge a fee. Consider, however, that you are supposed to pay the Tennessee Dept of Revenue a "use tax" on any mail or Internet orders from out of state. Whether you do this is your business, but legally you're required to do so.

Actually, they can be beat... maybe not often by PRICE, but in every other aspect of serving their customers, there's alot they can't do from across the country. There's always somebody who is willing to sell something cheaper. And BGS does have good prices, for sure... but at some point the extra few bucks I'd spend locally would be remembered next time I need help or service which a volume retailer couldn't provide, and remember we're talking about a difference in cost along the lines of one meal at a resturaunt...

The important part is finding which gun works best for you, and find a source which can put your hands on some of the choices and can answer some of these questions you've been asking. You're not going to get both (or either one) of those from a volume retailer/distributor over a thousand miles away. I'll forgo eating out once or twice every so often, gladly, to offset the cost of personal service for a larger purchase.

Just something to think about... but, by all means, if you know for sure what you want. Can't really argue with saving some money, if that's the priority.

you are supposed to pay the Tennessee Dept of Revenue a "use tax" on any mail or Internet orders from out of state. Whether you do this is your business, but legally you're required to do so.

:popcorn:

Actually, they can be beat... maybe not often by PRICE, but in every other aspect of serving their customers, there's alot they can't do from across the country. There's always somebody who is willing to sell something cheaper. And BGS does have good prices, for sure... but at some point the extra few bucks I'd spend locally would be remembered next time I need help or service which a volume retailer couldn't provide, and remember we're talking about a difference in cost along the lines of one meal at a resturaunt...

+1. Most "warehouse" online shops don't have a staff of people there to help you that they need to pay. Id rather pay the few extra bucks and support my local shop...and support my local economy. Ya sometimes the difference is enough to justify an online purchase...but for the most part...Im sticking to my local shops when I can.

Guest jps37033

But, from what I have been quoted, its atleast a 20% savings minimum. Now, I like to support the local community too, but I also have to support my family. And, in saving money I am accomplishing that also. So, if the local shops here want $400 for tha same gun I can get online for $320, thats 4 packs of diapers, and I am checking out e-style. And, they are in KY from what I can tell, and have a store front. Not just an online shop. They are a store, warehouse, and webstore.

I don't think anyone is saying thats its "wrong" to do it. I've ordered from Buds before, and they were great. As for the "warehouse" thing I was just referring to those in general. Like molonlabetn said already... "but, by all means, if you know for sure what you want. Can't really argue with saving some money, if that's the priority." I guess you could also look at it as a kinda local shop being that they are in KY.

But, from what I have been quoted, its atleast a 20% savings minimum. Now, I like to support the local community too, but I also have to support my family. And, in saving money I am accomplishing that also. So, if the local shops here want $400 for tha same gun I can get online for $320, thats 4 packs of diapers, and I am checking out e-style. And, they are in KY from what I can tell, and have a store front. Not just an online shop. They are a store, warehouse, and webstore.

The problem is, if you're just going around price-shopping, the guy behind the counter isn't going to gut the value of their wares just so you can go down the road and shop around. I've never paid anywhere even close to 20% more than Bud's for a gun which I made it clear I was committed to buying. I suspect that just walking into a shop and asking what the 'bottom doller' is on a gun, or looking at the tag, is sending the signal to the dealer that you aren't a serious buyer yet. Like I said, figure out what you want, first... then go talk to a dealer about working with you, with the intent to purchase the gun. They will recognize that, and will do whatever they can to sell it. Can't blame them for listing the gun for about what the manufacturer recommended as the MSRP... want a deal? Make an offer.

The problem is, if you're just going around price-shopping, the guy behind the counter isn't going to gut the value of their wares just so you can go down the road and shop around. I've never paid anywhere even close to 20% more than Bud's for a gun which I made it clear I was committed to buying. I suspect that just walking into a shop and asking what the 'bottom doller' is on a gun, or looking at the tag, is sending the signal to the dealer that you aren't a serious buyer yet. Like I said, figure out what you want, first... then go talk to a dealer about working with you, with the intent to purchase the gun. They will recognize that, and will do whatever they can to sell it. Can't blame them for listing the gun for about what the manufacturer recommended as the MSRP... want a deal? Make an offer.

Right on!:) I have bought at least 6 guns from Bud's in the past. Lately however, I've been getting them locally. Not that Bud's didn't give me exactly what they were supposed to, it's just the locals have been beating their price (before tax & TICS). Yes, I still must pay tax and TICS and that usually puts me over Bud's price but when ordering on line I must include the $30 for 1 gun, $50 for 2 guns I've been paying to Academy of Personal Protection to receive the guns (they are close to my office) and the insurance Bud's will charge you since I definately want it insured. So if I end up paying $30 more for a gun to get it from Guns & Leather, so what. I get to see the actual gun I'm purchasing ahead of time, bring it home with me right then, enjoy talking with the employees, use their wonderful range, don't have to go to the bank and get a cashiers check and mail it off, got to my FFL a few days later to pick it up etc. The last 4 guns I've bought have been from Hero Gear, the Rabbi (who? :popcorn:) and Guns & Leather. I paid slightly more than I would have through Bud's each time (including tax and TICS) but used Bud's price as a guide/bargaining tool in each case. My business partner bought a Berretta Silver Onyx last fall for $300 cheaper than Buds price so you should always shop around.

Edited by DavidD
Guest GUTTERbOY

David: Does Bud's not accept CCs for purchases? That'd be a deal-breaker right there for me. If I'm shopping online, I don;t wanna have to go get a certified check, and then wait for them to receive it... I'd rather just pay more locally than go through that crap.

Guest eyebedam
David: Does Bud's not accept CCs for purchases? That'd be a deal-breaker right there for me. If I'm shopping online, I don;t wanna have to go get a certified check, and then wait for them to receive it... I'd rather just pay more locally than go through that crap.

I think the do accept credit cards but you have to add .3% to the final purchase price.

I wonder if Bud's will still be in business when all the local stores are out of business?

Doesn't matter, there won't be anyone left to do the transfers.

Guest jps37033

It looks as if I have offended some people by posting good prices at an online store. There is competition in the world, and I don't think some can handle it. I dont want anyone going out of business, but price is important. Yes, having local customer service is a factor to an extent. If prices were comparable, i'd buy local. But by all means, I will go elsewhere if it is a significant savings. I originally posted this due to what prices I have been quoted at local pawn shops, and more importantly, used guns from individuals being higher than new.

Guest eyebedam
It looks as if I have offended some people by posting good prices at an online store. There is competition in the world, and I don't think some can handle it. I dont want anyone going out of business, but price is important. Yes, having local customer service is a factor to an extent. If prices were comparable, i'd buy local. But by all means, I will go elsewhere if it is a significant savings. I originally posted this due to what prices I have been quoted at local pawn shops, and more importantly, used guns from individuals being higher than new.

As far as the first part I highlighted. Dont worry about it to each his own, Just be glad the a former member here is no longer on this board or you would hear his wrath of angry Jibber Jabber.

As far as the 2nd part goes weve discussed this topic before & it seems like pawn shop have really fell out of touch with reality as far as gun pricing goes. Its not just in your area but it is all over. Ive seen junk guns I wouldnt even pay 10.00 for at pawn shops before & there wanting 400.00 plus. I saw a Hi point .40 cal in a local shop one day and tey were asking 329.00 for it used.

Edited by eyebedam
Guest jps37033

Dang, for a Hi-Point! Thats insane. Thats the kinda stuff im dealing with locally. The best deal I have found local (which is horrible ) is a VERY used looking Ruger p94 for $400 + tax and Tics. I love the Ruger, but its in pretty rough shape, and quite overpriced IMO. The shops here are just way overpriced. I guess the guns they are selling are Hybrid Pistols. You know, those ones that run half on 93 octane premium unleaded, and half on lead.

I don’t think people are offended so much as they would like to point out factors you may not have considered. Also, price is not always the most important thing. I know of two times, once to a friend of mine and once to me, where there was a problem with new guns. Guns and Leather replaced the guns with new ones without any hesitation. I don’t think you will get that level of service from most places, especially online. Even if you did get that kind of service it would take days or weeks to resolve when you include shipping time. I used to be very big on online shopping in general, not for firearms, but I have had too many bad experiences. Now I only shop online if I cannot find the item locally.

Guest Boomhower

I think MEC said it pretty well. We do have quit a few gun shop owners on the board here, but your not gonna hurt their feelings any. I'm sure they've heard it all, time and time again. I do, however, know of one shop owner that has offered to meet up with me on a convenient occasion on his way thru my town since his shop is about 2 hrs. away from me, we've just never pin down some dates and I'm in no hurry at this point for the stuff that he is wanting to show me. But then, I also made the drive down once to purchase a gun that he was holding for me, and am willing to do it again the next time I want something he has.

Sometimes it's better to do your thing, then say, hey look what I got. How you decide to spend your money is ultimately up to you and anyone that is willing to look down their nose at you for it, is putting a little to much emotion into it if you ask me.

Guest GUTTERbOY

MEC pretty much sums up my feelings. I have no problem with ordering stuff online if it'll save me money... but there are some things that I'd just rather deal with a brick and mortar for. Generally speaking, if I'm ordering a gun, I'd like to have gotten my hands on a representative example before I buy one, and that's just not really doable for online ordering. Sure, I could go to a local shop, handle one, and then order online... but I don't feel right doing that personally.

I'd order online if it was something I knew I wanted and was hard to come by locally, but that's probably about it.