Alternative Preparedness...

So we talk all the time about food, water, and protection.

What about:

1) Lasik surgery for those with eye issues?  Is that part of your prep?

2) Dental health:  If your teeth are abismal and prone to rotting, do you go early to dentures - with a spare pair?  (ok, maybe not, but what do you do to prep?)

I've often thought that Lasik (or similar) was an almost essential for rugged survival and/or active engagements in a non-civil society.

Your thoughts... Go!

I think dental and vision both go into health readiness. And as with any type of survival situation the better your overall chances of survival will be.    That being said being the healthiest person is not necessary to survive in a community setting.  Frequently it is what value you can add to the group.  If your nearly blind but you can perform tasks that are necessary for community survival then you have a better shot at it than a guy thats healthy as a horse that cant do shite. 

Lasik it out for me right now due to cost. I keep several spare boxes of contacts on hand as well as 2 sets of glasses. I also wear boogie regulat9r goggles and have a spare set to keep my eyes safe. I am legally blind without prescription glasses. My vision is -7.5 in each eye. Btw the military doesn't allow lasik for some postionsthey use a different procedure called PRK due to the risk of lasik failing under extreme conditions, so something to think about.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.
Edited by Spots
I keep a couple spare pair of glasses from 39dollarglasses.com with my gear. A pair of regular glasses and a pair of sunglasses in my prescription.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I'm also quite blind without my contact, though not quite as bad as Spots.  I also keep several spare pair of contacts and intentionally pick frames for my glasses that are fairly rugged.  My current glasses are Z87 rated safety glasses. 

If you've got reasonably good teeth, just brushing and flossing daily should keep them in good shape for quite a while.  I bet we all know one or two people who are dentist-phobic and rarely ever go. 

One thing I was thinking about for you glasses wearers is the 20/20 glasses they advertise on tv. They actually adjust. If I wore glasses those would be handy if shtf.