Speeding citation

No a speeding ticket if payed will not hurt you when buying a firearm. Since this is your first you may want to look in to the defensive driving course. Frequently this option can satisfy the citation and avoid points on your license

i would but I'm just going to pay it off as I'm going to be traveling when the court date is supposed to happen

If you go through the class you shouldn't have to go to the court date. Just trying to save you some money. Im assuming your a younger person and those insurance increases can really hurt.

im under my grandparents insurance as I am basically unemployed, right now I only do contract work and it is few and far between
Other than the fine and possibly an insurance premium increase I don't see how it would hinder your life in any other way. Even when applying for prestidges jobs and government jobs they ask for incidents "other than" traffic citations.

Radar detector is a great investment

False sense of security encouraging you to drive faster than you initially would have. Not to mention my favorite line, "I was going to give you a warning but I see your radar detector has already done that.". I tend to ride around using instant on so you want get a warning until you have already been targeted. With newer vascar photo technology you are also unprotected.

False sense of security encouraging you to drive faster than you initially would have. Not to mention my favorite line, "I was going to give you a warning but I see your radar detector has already done that.". I tend to ride around using instant on so you want get a warning until you have already been targeted. With newer vascar photo technology you are also unprotected.

A bulletproof vest doesn't make you bulletproof, but I'd sure rather be wearing one going into a gunfight.

Same with a radar detector, we have one in every car and the only time an issue has occured is when they weren't turned on :)

Yet to have a VASCAR ticket stand in court when challenged, though all of my experience is with the older style PA and TX implemented systems operated from aircraft. As for instant on the V1 generally picks it up around 1/2-3/4 of a mile ahead when you shoot the cars passing before I even get there.

Yet to have a VASCAR ticket stand in court when challenged, though all of my experience is with the older style PA and TX implemented systems operated from aircraft. As for instant on the V1 generally picks it up around 1/2-3/4 of a mile ahead when you shoot the cars passing before I even get there.

The guys I have heard of in court have not had an issue, they have sent them to school to get certified. It isn't true VASCAR, informally called point-to-point. It actually becomes their primary job.
I do my RaDAR properly, the way I instruct my students to use RaDAR, I only use it to verify speed. It's a rare occurrence I use my instant on more than once an hour. Edited by Patton

Points are cleared from your MVR after 2 years.

Actually it is 12 months. So points acquired on say today are on there until next year but the entry remains on the record. This is as long as it is sent to the state. If you do driving school it would show an entry of court mandated traffic school but no violation and no points. Points on the record after 12 months are not counted for suspension or revocation.

The guys I have heard of in court have not had an issue, they have sent them to school to get certified. It actually becomes their primary job. I do my RaDAR properly, the way I instruct my students to use RaDAR, I only use it to verify speed. It's a rare occurrence I use my instant on more than once an hour.

Most of the speeders police catch have neither the time nor resources to devote to seriously fighting a speeding ticket so most simply don't bother. You cannot train an officer to overcome the natural human variances in his reaction time to an observed object.(VASCAR as used in TX required the officer to hit start/stop on a trumped up stopwatch) At the time I depended on my license for work so I spent much more time and $$ making sure the tickets I received(rightfully in most cases) never hit my record. I didn't blink at spending $$$$ to defeat a ticket b/c my livelihood building fast cars depended on it. I also was not smart enough in my younger days to know when simply lifting my foot of the gas would do me some good, it's a lot easier to get out of a 10 over ticket then it is to explain how travelling nearly 3x the speed limit on 840 should be let go with a warning.

As I've grown older and changed professions I've found it's much cheaper and easier these days to just slow down most of the time and pay the fine or attend traffic school for the occasional minor slip up.