Burris P.E.R.P. $61.00 @ Botach

I've been on a quest the past few days in search of another P.E.R.P. mount. I was looking for a 1" w/ quick disconnect but at this price I settled for the original style and invested the savings in a few more Black Dog magazines. I feel like such a thrifty shopper that my wife would even be proud of me ( I sure hope shes not home when they arrive in the mail ). So, figured I would pass this along to some of yall that truly understand this addiction that I struggle with daily. Free standard shipping and use the promo code '10off' for a total of $61.18.

http://www.botachtactical.com/buarmo.html

Wasn't real sure what to post this under. Its not really a discussion about the product. I just like passing along deals when I find them.

Recon we could get a dedicated thread for posting shooting related deals in the effort to share our findings with others? I know there are sites where users can post such deals and Im not trying to turn TGO into another such site. Maybe set the thread up as another perk for becoming a benefactor? Any thoughts on this matter?      

• Like 1

What sort of problems did you experience with them

Well their website doesn't show live inventory, so what said "in stock" when I ordered, really wasn't. No big deal, cancelled my order several days later after never receiving a tracking number or any notification that it wasn't actually in stock.
So I figured I'd give them another shot. This time before I order I call to make sure what I'm about to buy is actually in stock, ready to ship. When I got a person on the phone they told me yes, that in fact the item was in stock. So I place my order. Yet again I never received a tracking number or anything, well over a week passed, I'd say closer to 10 days. So yet again I give them a call only to get someone on the phone that told me that the product hadn't been in stock even when I placed my order and they didn't know why the other person told me it was. Just seemed like an operation where the right hand had no idea what the left was doing. To some it wouldn't be a big deal at all, but I like to spend my money with businesses that have it together
  • Like 2
Guest 6.8 AR

After they began making them in China, you'd think they would be 29.99 with no coupon. I paid 75 at Midsouth right

before they had that "made in China" decal on them. Probably just as good, though.

Well their website doesn't show live inventory, so what said "in stock" when I ordered, really wasn't. No big deal, cancelled my order several days later after never receiving a tracking number or any notification that it wasn't actually in stock.
So I figured I'd give them another shot. This time before I order I call to make sure what I'm about to buy is actually in stock, ready to ship. When I got a person on the phone they told me yes, that in fact the item was in stock. So I place my order. Yet again I never received a tracking number or anything, well over a week passed, I'd say closer to 10 days. So yet again I give them a call only to get someone on the phone that told me that the product hadn't been in stock even when I placed my order and they didn't know why the other person told me it was. Just seemed like an operation where the right hand had no idea what the left was doing. To some it wouldn't be a big deal at all, but I like to spend my money with businesses that have it together

I can see how this would be aggravating.. I'lll give them a few days and see how it goes. Thanks for the info..

The Botach family tried to scam the federal government out of 300 million dollars. They won a contract to supply our allies and our troops with ammunition. What we got was old, out of date Chinese ammo from the 60's. This was the grandson of the owner of Botach.
http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/failed_messiahcom/2010/08/rabbi-shmuley-boteach-family-linked-to-illegal-arms-dealing-and-money-laundering-678.html

Here is a picture of some of the "new" ammo our allies and soldiers received:

27ammo_650.jpg

I will not order from anyone who would try to pull off a scam on the backs of our troops.

I have persoanlly ordered from them twice.
First was a holster and some other small stuff. Like $100 worth of stuff. It showed in stock and I ordered and paid with a credit card. I was charged immediately. Well a few weeks later I had not received so I called. They said the items had been out of stock for a long time. I asked for my money back and they said it would take a while to get my money back. I think it was over a month before I got a refund by check.

Second purchase was on 10 pairs of 5.11 pants. I called to ensure they were in stock. I was told to call the warehouse and given the number. I called that number and spoke to the warehouse manager. She assured me they had thousands of pairs so I hit submit on the order while we were on the phone. I paid immediately and was charged immediately. Well after waiting 2 weeks I called back in to find out where the pants were. I was told they were out of stock. I explained I called the warehouse and they said they were in stock. The worker appologized. I asked for a refund and they agreed to it but it took several weeks to get my refund.

I know it isn't the case but it almost seems like they accept the money and keep it long enough to generate interest then return it, keeping the interest. If they are making a million doallars in sales a month and refunding all of it but the interest that would be a pretty penny to most of us.

• Like 2

Well shit, I guess as the old saying goes.. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.. Thanks for the information. Guess I will be giving them a call today and ask about availability on this mount. I should had went with my first instinct when I saw they are located in California..

Well ####, I guess as the old saying goes.. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.. Thanks for the information. Guess I will be giving them a call today and ask about availability on this mount. I should had went with my first instinct when I saw they are located in California..

They will tell you it IS available then you have to call back to get your money refunded.

There are tons of mounts that are just as good and cheaper.

They will tell you it IS available then you have to call back to get your money refunded.

There are tons of mounts that are just as good and cheaper.

Tracking number has been issued and item is marked to be shipped today..

The Botach family tried to scam the federal government out of 300 million dollars. They won a contract to supply our allies and our troops with ammunition. What we got was old, out of date Chinese ammo from the 60's. This was the grandson of the owner of Botach.
http://failedmessiah.typepad.com/failed_messiahcom/2010/08/rabbi-shmuley-boteach-family-linked-to-illegal-arms-dealing-and-money-laundering-678.html

Here is a picture of some of the "new" ammo our allies and soldiers received:

Posted Image

I will not order from anyone who would try to pull off a scam on the backs of our troops.

I did not know this, wish I had though. Dirty bastards, indeed

Tracking number has been issued and item is marked to be shipped today..

I got an email confirmation when I ordered mine. The email said the items had shipped. When I asked I was told they were automatically generated the day after the order was placed.

Wish you the best. Make sure to come back in here and let us know when you get your stuff.

I got an email confirmation when I ordered mine. The email said the items had shipped. When I asked I was told they were automatically generated the day after the order was placed.

Wish you the best. Make sure to come back in here and let us know when you get your stuff.

Haven't heard of anyone on here getting burned by them in last couple years, as in not actually getting their stuff --  seem to have cleaned up their act some.  On eBay though, they have 470 negatives in last 12 months. But they do such a volume that still gives them a 99.5% positive rating there. Some of the negs are from claims about stuff not being received, or not in stock as claimed,  so YMMV I reckon.

I bought a couple of Magpul rails from them off eBay, had best price I could find anywhere. eBay is hard to beat for many $20 items and less if it's free shipping too, couldn't have bought them anywhere else for that price.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

[URL=http://s987.photobucket.com/user/earl33/media/image-11.jpg.html]image-11.jpg[/URL]

Unless this in a hoax, looks like it should be here the 3rd.

I agree that the whole ammo contract deal with the government is nothing less than shitty. Someone explain how they continue to stay in business with such a tainted background and business practice.. Did the government just overlook the incident as they do so many times or did they file suit against  Botach? Seems to me that pulling one over on Uncle Sam would be less than tolerated..