This may be something going on in Syria we didn't want to know.

Guest 6.8 AR

I know about that small strike force went in after 9/11 in hopes of getting Bin Laden at his last known location but they were to late, but I was speaking about a major force on the ground. Heck Bill Clinton even threw a few missiles at him in a location he was suppose to be at while he was in office but hit and empty training base with them. He did that right after the bombing of the World Trade center. I do stand corrected about boots on the ground though and thanks.

There's a little more to that story, also. He also lobbed missiles because of a certain blue dress worn by the official fellator-in-

chief. Bill Clinton didn't do much of anything in the attempt to put Bin Laden down.

Well many good points I guess.  I am just tired of them sending our great fighting forces on to foreign soil of nations that have openly admitted they hate us to try and settle their civil issues and our brave hero's coming home wrapped in Flags. I will try and not yell anymore either.    My bad....... :surrender:

• Like 1

There's a little more to that story, also. He also lobbed missiles because of a certain blue dress worn by the official fellator-in-

chief. Bill Clinton didn't do much of anything in the attempt to put Bin Laden down.

Yea , I thought about that but I wanted it to sound a little better than just a coverup for something else........... :woohoo: .

And there were boots on the ground in Iraq long before "the War kicked off".  Does anyone actually believe we don't currently have "boots on the ground" in Syria? 

Well if I were guessing I would say we actually have boots on the ground in every country we consider any type of threat to our security and has been since the cold war was suppose to have ended............ :popcorn: :popcorn:

• Like 1

Well many good points I guess.  I am just tired of them sending our great fighting forces on to foreign soil of nations that have openly admitted they hate us to try and settle their civil issues and our brave hero's coming home wrapped in Flags. I will try and not yell anymore either.    My bad....... :surrender:

Most of us are frustrated. Aaah feel your pain! :D

Well, if you want to get a sad laugh at where this is heading, just pick up and read 1984 again. All this crap is what caused

that book. I hope I said that right.

Why do we have to be the guardians of the world? With what it would cost to fire off one missile we could feed the people right here in Tennessee that don't have near enough to eat. The billions of dollars we send to other countries to feed their people could feed all the people in this country that are starving. Shouldn't we take care of our own first?

He'll go so far as to drag us into a conflict just because he doesn't want to look bad. Can you think of a more shallow reason to start a war?

Well, starting a needless and prolonged war based on non-existent WMDs possibly because the leader of the country in question may have threatened your daddy nearly a decade earlier is pretty close.  Still, I agree with your basic point.

Edited by JAB

Well, starting a needless and prolonged war based on non-existent WMDs possibly because the leader of the country in question may have threatened your daddy nearly a decade earlier is pretty close. Still, I agree with your basic point.

I don't think it was as simplistic as that at all. Unwise? Yes. Evil? No, I don't think so at all. On paper is was a great idea which didn't take into account many existing fractures and was executed poorly based on directives from the State Dept.

I remember yellow cake uranium, which is not a WMD, until refined, being part of the mix in Iraq, also. It all really boils down to who you choose to

believe. I believed Bush much more than the Clown-in-Chief. Not on everything, though, but I accept Bush's reasons to go into Iraq. I still don't

understand enough about why we ever set foot in Afghanistan without some kind of plan to decimate Al Qaeda and get out, or destroy half the

country and be done with it attitude. I thought wars had goals and objectives, other than occupation.

But this Syria stuff will only aid Al Qaeda and hurt Israel. The Clown is aiding Al Qaeda. I know that may be simplifying things, but that's all I see.

Well, that and covering up his domestic problems to help the Dems in 2014.

I remember yellow cake uranium, which is not a WMD, until refined, being part of the mix in Iraq, also. It all really boils down to who you choose to
believe. I believed Bush much more than the Clown-in-Chief. Not on everything, though, but I accept Bush's reasons to go into Iraq. I still don't
understand enough about why we ever set foot in Afghanistan without some kind of plan to decimate Al Qaeda and get out, or destroy half the
country and be done with it attitude. I thought wars had goals and objectives, other than occupation.

But this Syria stuff will only aid Al Qaeda and hurt Israel. The Clown is aiding Al Qaeda. I know that may be simplifying things, but that's all I see.
Well, that and covering up his domestic problems to help the Dems in 2014.

Well, we did decimate al Qaeda in Afghanistan; they are no longer using it as a base of operations and their relationship with the Taliban is non-existent to any significant degree. The problem is we decided to "nation build" and get involved in the war with the Taliban. That is the reason we can't get out, because you can't polish a turd and we can't definitively destroy an idea; especially since we can't go into Waziristan.

It's never just the tip.
  • Like 1
Guest Cazador

I think the real deal is being missed by everyone. Barry has been playing a game for 5 years and the republicans are not catching on. He has been pissing on them every chance he gets. He made the red line statement a year ago knowing it would eventually happen. If it didn't he could claim he scared ASSad into not using them. If  he did gas his own people his plan would work even better. He is now in a no lose position. He passed the buck to the congress to back up his red line. If they give him a yes vote and he bombs Syria and everything turns into a crap sandwich he can blame the republicans. If they give him a no vote we look week when then gas bombs explode again. Again it the republicans fault.  If he gets a yes vote and everything goes good he gets the credit.  Win win situation for the 2014 elections. This dude is a sneaky SOB. Even today he has put the red line comment on a congress from years ago. When asked about him backing up his red line he said it wasn't his red line it was congresses line when they ratified the treaty additionally it's the worlds line those that originally signed the treaty.

2014 election cycle coming up. The democrats will be in line blaming the republicans with him out front saying we got ASSad or them republicans screwed the pooch. Mark my words. They should make him own his statement with an abscencia {spell check] vote. Put it on him in the media with a statement like.... He is the potus he drew the red line now he can be a big boy and own it. He says he doesn't need our approval. Then go for it big boy do what ya gotta do. You will get all the credit no matter how it turns out.

Arabs aren't capable of compromise. It's their way or Allah snackbar. This is why I believe this will go on for the next decade or more.

Ah... they're Republicans :)

Now, now...Establishment Republicans are hot and lathered up to get into bipartisan bed with Obama on the Syria attacks,  Boehner and Corker will need wet wipes to clean up after the fest they are having to support the President.

• Like 2

Now, now...Establishment Republicans are hot and lathered up to get into bipartisan bed with Obama on the Syria attacks,  Boehner and Corker will need wet wipes to clean up after the fest they are having to support the President.

It's like an orgy of stupid. 

• Like 2

Bersaguy, DS1 1/325 AIR, 2nd Brigade, 82nd ABNDIV was boots on ground 6 days after Iraq invaded Kuwait. Trust me it can happen, just depends on the POTUS, if he has the balls or not to do it..

6 days? I thought y'all was 18 hours wheels up.

6 days? I thought y'all was 18 hours wheels up.

18 hours after the CINC issues the order. 

Been There..., Done That out of Green Ramp a Couple of Times.

Didn't get a T-Shirt, but did earn a couple of these on my right sleeve.  :tough:

2z87w5j.gif

ATW - ABN!

• Like 2

I believe, 1/325 was doing a Sinai Peacekeeping rotation when they got pulled to draw the line in the sand.. (My old BN when in Division).. 

Oh, you think that is bad you should ask that question the Chokin Chickens or the Puking Buzzards (Which I'm unfortunately an alumni).. Yes, been there, even when not on DRF1, Haiti, I was sitting at JOTC when 504 was Haiti bound, we stopped and packed our shit, in case we got the call.